It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Feels Your Pain

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
MODS: Please feel free to Move if I placed in wrong location or Delete if you feel inappropriate.

Obama Felt Your Pain,,, in 2008 and you believed him then, are you believing him today?

How many here are old enough to remember what was said to the American people, yes. gas prices were $3.00 and more a gallon at the pump, we had,,, and still do,,,,, Gitmo ,,,,,, Wars and Unemployment

I seem to remember,,,, something about, people couldn't afford to fill their gas tanks to find a job,,, Bush and his administration was working for the Oil Companies. Who was it,,, Hilary working for obama said,,, Gas Prices Have Doubled Under Bush,,,, Don't get me wrong here,, I didn't care a lot about Bush either,,,,
Bush did not have a energy package and of-course the democrat's would,,,,

If I remember correctly, gas was at $1.90 to $2.00 a gallon,,, now it's $3.80 and over $4.00 in most states, and you can afford a tank of gas for food shopping, job hunting or taking the family on vacation?
My husband filled up his truck Wednesday at Costco, unleaded, $93.23 for a tank of gas. Thank you obama, I understand you feel my pain, I understand we as tax payers pay for your vehicles to be filled up so you can go shopping or golfing and take your security team and all your SUV's,,,, how about you and your security team start drive around in a Chevy Volt or any other hybrid,, We bailed out GM didn't we?
How about asking them to give you a discount ( well not you, it would be the American Tax Payers ) on a fleet of Chevy Volts?

Here's a video I just found: www.donsmithshow.com

edit on 6-5-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by guohua because: Spell Check

edit on 6-5-2011 by guohua because: Make nicer so not to hurt his or her feeling!

edit on 6-5-2011 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Isn't that great, that we pay some of the highest gas prices in history, and Exxon/Mobil claims an $10,700,000,000 (USD) profit in the first quarter of 2011.
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That so ticks me off the way they "spin" the gas prices.

They really don't care about us at all, and the oil companies suppress technology and ridicule alternative fuels and propulsion methods. All this appears to be is control, another form of control on the public. I bet it is another step towards agenda21 where they want us in tight population centers with no transportation of our own so we are even more controlled.

I think this might backfire on them, the politicians, the corporations, tptb. Someone please get that water-fuel cell working, or the gravity drives that the military has tucked away, I'm tired of relying on the BS OIL Co.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
All Presidents feel our pain. Its just a shame that all Presidents and the people who pull their strings are sadist.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Come on, Obama can't just focus on gas prices... It takes a lot of "sleeping on" to defrost Bin Laden and dump him into the deep ocean...

I think it's good that the TSA needs to do more rape downs to make us feel safe before getting into any form of transportation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJDoggie84
Come on, Obama can't just focus on gas prices... It takes a lot of "sleeping on" to defrost Bin Laden and dump him into the deep ocean...

I think it's good that the TSA needs to do more rape downs to make us feel safe before getting into any form of transportation.

Hey, doesn't ice float? Someone should go look for Popsicle Osama before he defrosts.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

That is from $114,004,000,000 in total business and after paying $8,004,000,000 in taxes.
Looks like they made about 8% profit on a product that our Government charges a 15% tax on.

Marketwatch data on Exxon Mobil

If you want to see gas prices drop like a bomb, tell Obama and his EPA to allow us to drill for our own oil. The funny thing is that if gas prices drop, Exxon Mobil will probably make a bigger profit. Yes, I am a shareholder in Exxon Mobil.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
Isn't that great, that we pay some of the highest gas prices in history, and Exxon/Mobil claims an $10,700,000,000 (USD) profit in the first quarter of 2011.
www.washingtonpost.com...

ChachiArcola, Thank You for contributing and your absolutely correct, their profits are unbelievable,,,,, That's on about .4 cents a gallon if I remember correctly,,,, if their making on the average $10,700,000,000
Just think what our Government is making with on average tax rate per: gallon of, .18.4 cents per. gallon and my state takes, .18 cents per gallon for gas and .18 cents per. gallon for diesel.

www.theblaze.com...

Less than 3 percent of ExxonMobil’s earnings are from U.S. gasoline sales ExxonMobil’s earnings are from operations in more than 100 countries around the world. The part of the business that refines and sells gasoline and diesel in the United States represents less than 3 percent – or 3 cents on the dollar – of our total earnings. For every gallon of gasoline, diesel or finished products we manufactured and sold in the United States in the last three months of 2010, we earned a little more than 2 cents per gallon. That’s not a typo. Two cents. Wow. While Exxon Mobil squeezes a couple of pennies out of each gallon of gas, the U.S. government does a bit better. The government rakes in somewhere between 40-60 cents in taxes from each gallon of gas. And since the government spends ZERO dollars to sell that gasoline, their profit margin is 100%.

But didn't obama say,,, he was the person of all our Hopes and things could only get better?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

And you believe Obama why exactly?? Things have done nothing but get worse since he came into office, and started with Bush and his corrupt organization....12 years of consistently dropping the economy into the Abyss...Thanks a lot for your effort and support Obama, you are a piece of $hit

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

JIMC5499,,,,, FOR PRESIDENT

I like Real Honesty and here it is in his own words:

Exxon Mobil will probably make a bigger profit. Yes, I am a shareholder in Exxon Mobil.Text

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by guohua

And you believe Obama why exactly?? Things have done nothing but get worse since he came into office, and started with Bush and his corrupt organization....12 years of consistently dropping the economy into the Abyss...Thanks a lot for your effort and support Obama, you are a piece of $hit

When Did I Ever Say, I Believed obama

Those words never once came from me,,,,, I was not an American Citizen yet in 2008 and could not vote, But if I could have, it would not have been for obama.
I listen too and like Ron Paul and Fred Thompson. 2012 myself and our daughter can VOTE! We Will and it would be for obama.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thanks. I'd be impeached 45 minutes after taking office and dead about an hour later. I don't want the job.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

Time to ask myth busters... Would a frozen body in a casket float in salt water!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Nope! They would have just wrapped tie-down chains around the casket. Besides they didn't throw the body overboard, they just flushed.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but, we could do worse. I do like Thompson.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Oh how he feels your pain.....

Here's a snippet from an article by Mychal Massie,

At a time when many Americans can barely afford Burger King and a movie, Obama boasts of spending a billion dollars on his re-election campaign. Questioned at a recent appearance about the spiraling fuel costs, Obama said, "Get used to it" – and with an insouciant grin and chortle, he told another person at the event, who complained about the effect high fuel prices were having on his family, to "get a more fuel-efficient car."

See: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah, he really feels your pain.

I don't get it how people can still believe this liar.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Found this from: May 4 - 17, 2008. Obama, A Democratic energy plan and it was wrote up in the: The Panama News.
www.thepanamanews.com...
An energy plan for America.
by Barack Obama

Here are some excerpts:

Everywhere I go in Indiana, and across this country, I'm talking to folks who are working harder and harder just to get by. At a time when our economy is in turmoil and wages are stagnant, hardworking families are struggling to pay rising costs, and few costs are rising more than the one folks pay at the pump. For the well-off in this country, high gas prices are mostly an annoyance, but to most Americans, they're a huge problem, bordering on a crisis.

OK, OK, Whats with the Word,,, ANNOYANCE,,,,, I want to now, Who is being Annoyed?
I have to agree with,,, HUGE PROBLEM,,,, this was 2008, now remember that, this article if from 2008 and here is obama's plan to help America and remember, it's all Bush's fault.

Now, there's nothing wrong with a company being rewarded for its success. Our economy has always been powered by innovation and ingenuity. But the reason Americans keep going to the pump isn't because oil companies are being particularly innovative. It's because Washington politicians didn't deal with the challenge of alternative energy when they had the chance.Text

This is why we're having the propblem we're having today,,,, Obama Wants Alternative Energy, and he doesn't care how he gets us to the point of using Only Alternative Energy,,,, I do remember obama saying something about gas getting to be $7.00 a gallon at the pump if we didn't change our evil ways

So unless we're willing to challenge the broken system in Washington, and stop letting lobbyists use their clout to get their way, nothing else is going to change. And the reason I'm running for president is to challenge that system. I'm the only candidate in this race who's worked to rein in the power of lobbyists by passing historic ethics reforms in Illinois and in the Senate, and I'm the only one who isn't taking a dime from Washington lobbyists.
He said THAT?

We'll also take steps to reduce the price of oil and increase transparency in how prices are set so we can ensure that energy companies aren't bending the rules. And to help Indiana families meet the rising cost of gas, we'll put a middle class tax cut in their pockets that will save them $1,000 a year, and we'll eliminate income taxes altogether for seniors making less than $50,000.

We All Know What LIE That Was or are you still drinking the Koolaide of Hope and Change

In the end, we'll only ease the burden of gas prices on our families when Hoosiers and people all across America say "enough." It's time to free ourselves from the tyranny of oil, and stop funding both sides in the war on terror. It's time to save this planet for our children. The time is now --- not after the next election or the one after that. You shouldn't accept any more excuses for why it can't be done. It won't happen tomorrow. But if we can come together in this election, we can and will begin, and the first step is changing the way business is done in Washington. If we can do that, then the energy crisis is one I'm confident we can solve.

Is It The END YET? Don't forget obama said: It's time to free ourselves from the tyranny of oil, and stop funding both sides in the war on terror.Text

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

The funny thing is that a large part of that Billion dollars comes from Union dues that are involuntarily collected from people who do NOT support him.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by wcitizen

The funny thing is that a large part of that Billion dollars comes from Union dues that are involuntarily collected from people who do NOT support him.

Wow. I didn't know that. He's sure got things well stitched up.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
reply to post by guohua

I'm not a Ron Paul supporter, but, we could do worse. I do like Thompson.

Thank You for contributing to the tread and it's OK about Ron Paul,,, It's just when I listen to the Political candidates talk, I guess you can say, I'm Tainted in my way of listening and thinking of their words and watching their body movements and their eyes and then how they react to other people,,,,,,,,

I was raised in The Peoples Republic of China, I know Communism first hand, memorized my Little Red Book, you know Mao's Book by the time I was 12 years old, I went to Parades and carried signs demanding the total destruction of America and sang songs in school about the Greatness of The People and Evils of America, I had to stand and watch our leaders give long speeches every other Sunday for 7 to 11 hours at a time.
Then I worked for our Government and I meet my husband who worked for your Government ( Don't Ask )
and the rest is history.
I'm Sorry, I was Ranting,,,, It is This, I keep Waiting For Obama's Red Book To Become Mandatory Reading

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join