It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Greece Threatens To Leave Eurozone, Reintroduce Own Currency

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think in this case, they expected these countries to drag the others down.. Eurozone 2.0 will steal the sov. of the people completely and will more than likely reach out beyond Europe. World-One?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

And this is one of the reasons a global economy is not all its cracked up to be; if Greece tanks it could very well drag down all the other member nations as well as have a ripple effect around the globe.

Hey, whatever it takes to take down this sham of an economic system. Only fitting that the country where democracy was born should spearhead the dismantling of the current UnSustainable and UnDemocratic economic system.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
You know what , they should go for it. Surely they are screwed anyway, so to try to set up their own currency again would be fun to watch. They will burn, not that I want them to, but the E.U will make sure they do.

While we are at it, why not let Scotland have their independence? They will have to start paying for the hospital services, drugs et al. Watch them come begging to re-join the union. Well all the clap trap from Alex Salmond, I say screw them, go to hell. Have your independence, but please for the sake of your own dignity and ours, don't EVER come crawling back.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TREASONFX
So it should everyone knows it cooked the books toget in to the euro Greece would be better off. Good on them!

The rest of Europe will be better off without Greese, we'r pumping billions into a failing country.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Will this cause a rush to the dollar?

or precious metals?

Hell, maybe even the Yuan!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
No surprise here. The Euro zone is cracking apart.

This is what happens to "bailout economies".

It is ridiculous to think anything but this would happen.

Waiting for the USD to start showing enough cracks to get the
attention of the general public. Won't be long now.
edit on 6-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Yep the euro is a big fat load of crap and the USA economy is crumbling but they are doing a bang up job of keeping them all distracted.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Good for greece! and god bless them for this. see, this is why globalization is NOT good. our leaders wnat ALL our moeny, to bail themselves out. american is trying to do the same thing, i belive..destroy the dollar and middle class so we end up slaves, 3rd world country like, overtaxed, so they can keep going to the bank..its also for politcal reasons. america had better make its own jobs again soon,a nd keep the money local* meaning IN US. screw the rest of the world...we have our own problems, and so do they. we need to worry about ourselves.
NWO is coming it seems. all so thier are no borders, and president will become a dictator. once you elimate borders, and merge everything, its agood thing* dont get me wrong, its good to bring people together, learn new things..but when its all about money = greed thier is no hope at the end of the rainbow* in any system its in. I dont see why, for example, europe goes back too having boarders, but without the guards. jsut have currecy exchange booths or something set up at borders* people can still come and go ect..that simple.

<< 1   >>

join