It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Greece Threatens To Leave Eurozone, Reintroduce Own Currency

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
•GREECE THREATENS TO LEAVE EURO AREA, GERMANY'S DER SPIEGEL SAYS
•FINANCE MINISTER FROM EUROZONE AND EU COMMISSION HOLDINGS CRISIS MEETING TODAY IN LUXEMBOURG
•MEETING AGENDA INCLUDES POSSIBLE NEAR-TERM DEBT RESTRUCTURING FOR GREECE
•EUROGROUP CHAIRMAN JUNCKER "TOTALLY DENIES" MEETING TO BE HELD TODAY TO DISCUSS GREECE
◦And cue panic and furious denials:

•French finance ministry official cannot neither confirm or deny Spiegel report of emergency Eurozone meeting
•Austrian Finance Minister spokesman says Eurozone breakup "absolutely unthinkable"
•German government source says theres no plan for Greece to leave the Eurozone
•Senior Greek government official denies report that Greece raises possibility of leaving Eurozone

www.zerohedge.com...

This will be a big problem over there. All Greece banks would become instantly insolvent. This will put more pressure on Germany and to top it off what will the new Greece currency be backed by? Paper? Who’s going to want to buy there bunds when this happens?

We live in crazy times my friends

edit on 6-5-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
And this is one of the reasons a global economy is not all its cracked up to be; if Greece tanks it could very well drag down all the other member nations as well as have a ripple effect around the globe.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So it should everyone knows it cooked the books toget in to the euro Greece would be better off. Good on them!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the links

Be interesting to see if this plays out into anything more than Greece getting better terms on the current stitch up..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
No surprise here. The Euro zone is cracking apart.

This is what happens to "bailout economies".

It is ridiculous to think anything but this would happen.

Waiting for the USD to start showing enough cracks to get the
attention of the general public. Won't be long now.
edit on 6-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Great for Athens, hopefully more follow suit and collapse The EU and The Rothschilds banking cartel.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Good. It was a stupid idea from the get go. This whole "globalist" agenda is a way to keep afloat something that can inherently never work in the long run. An economy that needs growth to stay viable.

Someday at some point, people are going to have to seriously look at the underlying fallacy that you can have infinite growth in a closed system. Its impossible. Its stupid. And it is bound to crash at some point. You can figure out clever ways to delay the fall, but the fall itself is inevitable.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I guess a country has to do what a country has to do for their people and their pockets. Even if that means becoming an enemy of the Status quo, sell your soul and your people to the global banks.

Way to go Greece.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

This is what happens to "bailout economies".

It is ridiculous to think anything but this would happen.

Waiting for the USD to start showing enough cracks to get the
attention of the general public. Won't be long now.
edit on 6-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

Yep. You just have to look at the Market to know its gonna be soon,because they are going to buy all that physical Gold and Silver when they manilpulated the Prices down enough with the selling of Paper Gold and Silver...After they have enough (do they ever?) and the Prices skyrocket,its Game Over.

Lately,i don´t know if i want to cry or laugh,watching the Mess that is the Eurozone

And as a German,i know we will never get our Money back that Merkel is giving away to everyone,but us...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The place secret crisis meeting will take tonight

Château de Senningen

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

And then you wonder why the hurry to get Qaddafi out of libya, they hold very large reserves of gold beside their oil.

And they don't own a penny to the central banks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
If Greece goes you can guarantee Merkel and Sarkozy will take this as their quene. Hello again, Dracma,Mark and Franc.

Once more the Guilder,

The Peseta

The Korun

The Lira

Ahhh the old days when things made sense!
edit on 6/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Finally some common sense. Go Greece. I hope you get yourselves out of Nazi Europe.

And I'll be coming over to buy some herbal remedies if you do!
edit on 6-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
If Greece goes you can guarantee Merkel and Sarkozy will take this as their quene. Hello again, Dracma,Mark and Franc.

Once more the Guilder,

The Peseta

The Korun

The Lira

Ahhh the old days when things made sense!
edit on 6/5/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

How wonderful that would be.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I'm sending energy to the Greek representatives, they will be having their arm well and truly twisted tonight.

I hope they stay strong and defiant.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
And people said we were silly for holding on to the Pound Sterling.

As much as I wish it was sterling, but it is still our monopoly fiat currency.

Things went wrong, after the EU expanded too quickly after the launch of the Euro.

Too much corruption.

Too much hidden spending and pocket lining,

Ahhh I missed the PUNT. Although now Ireland is a wholy owned subsidiary of the IMF,m I am sure they will get the SDR.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Rumors are still flying that Greece has threatened to leave the eurozone. There are a lot of denials naturally, but I suspect something's up. It just makes sense for two simple reasons.
1) The first is that the market has totally lost confidence in Greece.
2) 2-year yields are above 25%.

p00hbear

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by p00hbear

If I though they could pay it, I would maybe buy some!

Apart from that, no chance!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
i was actively trading at the time...and don't anybody try and fool you, this was deliberate (in my opinion and others), and it made billions for a few people...i have heard rumors that it was done for chinese and middle eastern billionaires that held massive amounts of our debts, and the fact that they lost so much money in the 2008 and 2009 markets and failures in lehman, merrill, bear sterns, real estate, and other corporate financial products, that they were ready to cash in billions in U.S. treasuries. so,...a gift was handed to them, now i obviously have no evidence, but at the time, conspirecy theories was popping up in alot of trading rooms around the world, and the excuse that it was a errant keystroke by a broker didn't fly too well.
edit on 6-5-2011 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I can believe that!, pity it only time limited for the USD also! hehehe

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join