It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why We Think Atheist.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here and say that we need the odd atheist in society.

For those of us who believe, faith is something that cannot be adequately explained in words, as it is more of a feeling. And those feelings can't be described by science beyond taking a look at brain activity when we are experiencing them.

Atheists play their role in helping us question our beliefs and more often than not actually end up galvanising those beliefs as a result. The catholic church uses atheists as a step in verifying miracles for instance. Why? Because for it to be a miracle, an atheist has to be able to verify that he can't explain what has happened and a scientist has to agree that there is no current plausible scientific explanation. Otherwise we would all be running around saying things like images and sounds appearing on a black box in our living rooms are witchcraft like they would have in the middle ages.

So, for you atheists out there, thankyou. You have helped advance human civilisation through rational thought and technological advancement. Your belief, or lack thereof is a choice, guided by your life experience just as our beliefs in the divine are our choice from our life experiences.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Why We Think Atheist.
5. Faith means not wanting to know what is true. — Friedrich Nietzsche

This is ignorance...Faity means believing your right until provent different in the case that no arguement can be made against the fact that something Exists or dosent exist...Until you Prove god isnt real he is to some people, Until you prove to me this plant isnt alive in someway (Having an electromagnetic Bio-Energy that can hold memory and Emotion/ Actualy being able to controll itself in some way) i will believe it is. Untill someone proves that torsion can be used properly Time travel is imposible! its about proving something exists, Time travel dosent exist...Is it not real?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

there is no need to remove religion you must increase the thinking compacity of the masses if you did remove religion they would find something else to cling to.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Either way....be it dark or light....walk your path my friend.

Thanks Akragon. I'm guessing the dark path is for those who disbelieve what you believe?

Thanks for the star, you know i enjoy reading your posts too.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Akragon

Either way....be it dark or light....walk your path my friend.

Thanks Akragon. I'm guessing the dark path is for those who disbelieve what you believe?

Thanks for the star, you know i enjoy reading your posts too.

haha, yet again more assuming my friend. You should really stop that honestly, you're not good at it.

I didn't say your path was dark... believe whatever you like, as i've stated before it doesn't matter in the least. We all return home when we die, so make the best of your life.

You don't need to believe in God to be a good person bro. Once you return home you'll understand everything... or even "all will be revealed"...

And we'll have beers when we meet there

Expect a "told ya so" though

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Just some random nonsense that your preaching again?

Dark and Light?

How stupid of me to assume, to make a belief without evidence, VERY STUPID of me. Apologies for that.

. We all return home when we die, so make the best of your life.

We're already in agreement.

edit on 9/5/11 by awake_and_aware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by Akragon

Just some random nonsense that your preaching again?

Dark and Light?

How stupid of me to assume, to make a belief without evidence, VERY STUPID of me. Apologies for that.

Just a metaphor man...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm interested to know the deeper meaning behind your wise metaphors.

Thanks

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm interested to know the deeper meaning behind your wise metaphors.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join