It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROPAGANDA: Media is promoting "Situation Room" photo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

edition.cnn.com...

(CNN) -- By now, the photo is a classic. It's become the most viewed image on Flickr -- a mesmerizing picture that suggests as much as it reveals.

You may know it simply as the "Situation Room Photo," but you may not be aware of what some say are three subliminal messages that make it so powerful and unusual.

The photo captures President Barack Obama huddled with his national security team in the White House Situation Room as they monitor via live video the capture and killing of Osama bin Laden.

Most commentators have focused on the historic nature of the photo: Obama staring at the screen with a grim intensity; Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, covering her mouth to repress her reaction -- the epicenter of U.S. military power hunting down its most hated foe.

And the Academy Award for Best Actress in a Government Hoax goes to....Hillary Clinton, for her dramatic oh-so-shocked hand over mouth gesture.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Biden looks like he's watching a baseball game. Maybe he took bets on how it would turn out and Obama and Hillary lost.

MSM is promoting this photo as if they watched it all go down live and then saying there was a 25 minute blackout during the raid. (which probably took less then that to complete)

I wonder why Obama was off to the side. Shouldn't he be in the big boy chair instead of the General playing online poker.
edit on 6-5-2011 by leemachino because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yeah,must have seen this pic about 30 times on TV and in the papers over the last few days...And thats in the UK.

You seen any of the viral mods of the pic?

www.buzzfeed.com...

There are many others.
Some less tasteful than others.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mercurio

the OP title implies that this image is not what the MSM says it is. any evidence? or just a theory?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So one minute they say they don't know the details, and they are waiting for the info from the SEAL team, and then next minute they claim they watched it all go down. They don't even put any effort in any more with their propaganda, it's a real shame.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I think they were watching last weeks episode of American Idol that they have on DVR. This is clearly their reaction when they saw Casey get voted off.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Wait a minute....didn't Hillary say the hand over the mouth was her probably coughing from allergies??

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

LOL one of them is from ATS heres the link www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hillary is just hoping that Bill is not in that bedroom.

Obama's mad they turned the Bulls game.

Biden is thinking this is a Big F'n Deal.

The other women...Is also hoping Bill's not in that bedroom...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Its not clear at least in the UK media if they were watching the helmet cams or a top down view from a drone/chopper.
Hilary looks shocked,could be from the chopper crash,or the events inside,

Theres something very grim about the whole image IMHO.
Watching people who are watching a planned execution of someone does not sit well with me,no matter how evil the target.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Did you read the OP? The came out and claimed afterwards that there was no video due to a 25 minute blackout so the question is what the hell are they claiming to be watching? It's just a staged photo like the whole friggen thing. I can't believe people are buying this. Now the most transparent admin is saying no more talking about it. I guess if the news keep spewing the same lies over and over people will believe its true.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HoldTheBeans

I did read the OP,and the blackout was mentioned on the MSM,but still not sure what to believe.
They have also mentioned helmet cams and ariel cameras.
I won't just believe one source of info,so who knows at that point what is true.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Anyone think "The Situation Room" should be a little bigger, a little more Presidential, maybe set up with a larger table, formal chairs etc?

As my kid last night commented, " I think Wolf Blitzer's Situation Room is nicer."

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Funniest thing about the picture to me is that I was gonna comment and ask the question........Notice how everyone in that room is white?

Then I was like....... Oh man, i'm an idiot.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Funny my spouse pointed the exact thing out last night, while discussing this. What I don't get is why that is shocking. We all know our govt is a white man's place, well almost. I did not ask him the significance of this but maybe you can answer, just out of curiousity.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
If you care, my comments, and many other peoples', about this subject and the media's role in it are in these two threads....

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A summary is that we ALL play a role and bear responsibility in this matter...the White House, the "news" media, and even us. I agree that the media has not been forthright in this. They've made some assumptions and jumped the gun in reporting information that they misinterpreted. But we ought to know by now that they do that. And so should the White House (though it can be argued that they can fully use this to their advantage at times, sometimes it spins even out of their control).

P.S. I read this article yesterday, almost posted it, but decided it was just plain stupid in the way it was written, in what they addressed, and in it's overall tone.
edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
reply to post by Helious

Funny my spouse pointed the exact thing out last night, while discussing this. What I don't get is why that is shocking. We all know our govt is a white man's place, well almost. I did not ask him the significance of this but maybe you can answer, just out of curiousity.

I don't know exactly but are there black Masons? If not, there is your answer.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Somebody farted and Hilary is about to vomit..

That's what I get out of this pic..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

This is not a warm crowd in the photo to begin with but the ice coldness of POTUS is inhuman.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HoldTheBeans

Did you read the OP? The came out and claimed afterwards that there was no video due to a 25 minute blackout so the question is what the hell are they claiming to be watching? It's just a staged photo like the whole friggen thing. I can't believe people are buying this. Now the most transparent admin is saying no more talking about it. I guess if the news keep spewing the same lies over and over people will believe its true.

It could always be them watching the person in charge of executing the mission talking them through what went down after it was all over.

I dunno, Hillary to me looks more like she has her hand over her mouth like you do when you're watching something interesting and putting your full attention on what's being said rather than her looking shocked or horrified.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join