It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geronimo's Great-grandson Reacts (Geronimo was codeword for Osama)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
I'm not trying to incite Racism here...
What I am saying is as an Apache myself to equate Goyaałé AKA Geronimo with Osama is an outrage to my people!

Goyaałé was not a war chief as told in popular fiction he was just a man, family man like most of us here at ATS...
what happened was one night while in town trading for goods and supplies with his father when his camp was attacked by a vicious band of Mexican Comancheros... they came looking for women to sell into slavery... his wife, mother and children were killed in that raid...

Goyaałé was trained in the healing arts he was not a warrior... when they returned from their trip and learned what had happened Goyaałé broke down... it is said he spent most of the day crying by the river while others made plans for a reprisal...

That night this small band of red skins attacked the town harboring the villains... a small Mexican army unit was stationed there ....it was they who encountered Goyaałé wrath... Armed only with his knives and grief he tore into the troops killing many men... the solders terrified of the aberration prayed to the patron saint of solders
"Ayúdeme San Geronimo...Ayúdeme San Geronimo"
the name stuck...Geronimo

This was not your cold blooded killer...this was no more than a grief stricken father husband and son... his real purpose in all that he did... was try to keep his family alive and together... something all of us here today would ...

So to equate Geronimo with Osama is an insult beyond measure!
edit on 6-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

Seldom have I seen a post more deserving of applause.

Thank you for your information, so brilliantly articulated, and for your inspiration.

JR

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Much ado about nothing. Any excuse at alll to promote your agenda. I guess all paratroopers will now have to find a new phrase when jumping out of airplanes because it might "offend" the precious sensibilities of a few people. Get over yourselves.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

It's not much ado about nothing, this is slurring the name of a good man. As if stealing the country and perpetrating genocide is not enough for these Fkn idiot's they have to place a so called crazy terrorist next to one of the American (come to think of it that's a laugh)Indians greatest hero's. Here's a question...If American's where treated like the Palestinians where would they go to?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Very well put.
TY for putting this together daddy bear.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join