It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total Annihalation Scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
During WW2, there was a general agreement, though never on paper, as to what would happen to the armed forces should their country should fall.

French forces were to either surrender to the Germans or make for British ports. (Most of those that surrendered were the brand new ships - like the battleships. Just for interest - most got sunk by the British whilst in port with all hands on board - something i'm sure the De Gaulle never forgave Churchill for). Commonwealth forces were to fall under command of the Canadians should the UK fall. Then, if Canada fell, to the Americans.

What would happen today?

If WW3 started, and Britain got nuked, who would take command of our forces? Canadians, Americans, French or Aussies? What would happen to American forces if all command stations in the USA got nuked - would they go to the British or Canadians?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
WIth no doubt we have a great love for our allies. That being said, I think the American forces would be led by a American Sargent rather than another country's General.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by Mainer]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
There is a plan.

All British Forces are to head to a commonwealth country and place themselves under the command of the United States.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I think that already happened.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My question is how does NATO fit in? There must be plans under the NATO agreement?

Correct me if I am wrong but the US is not a commonwealth country since they broke away from the British empire. So I think NATO would come into play before the Commonwealth?

top topics

join