It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan - Kayani does not support Zardari on 'no-first-use' Nuclear Policy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Kayani does not support Zardari

www.indianexpress.com

Pakistan's powerful Army chief Gen Ashfaq Parvez Kayani does not support President Asif Ali Zardari's "no-first-use" nuclear policy, according to US diplomatic cables released by whistleblower website WikiLeaks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6-5-2011 by hp1229 because: edit topic

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This would not surprise me a bit. Now that OBL has been taken out from within Pakistan, the Govt starts advertising its policies to warn its neighbor India? But why?

Is it to maintain fear in the region and project power amongst the islamic countries?

Why in the earth would you advertise such a policy when they very well know that the country cannot go for more than 2 weeks with a full scale war with its neighbors?

www.indianexpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

This would not surprise me a bit. Now that OBL has been taken out from within Pakistan, the Govt starts advertising its policies to warn its neighbor India? But why?

Why? Because the US is making lots of noises about how Pakistan might not be able to be trusted, and how could they have not known Osama was there.......etc.

Pakistan has got to be considering the idea that the US might want to take some action against them. They have to be feeling just a little backed up to the wall right now. And when you feel cornered, thats when people get a little crazy and start lashing out. Especially since they specifically warned its long term enemy India against trying to capitalize on their current unpopular position with "military misadventures."

www.hindu.com...

ISLAMABAD: Taking a serious view of assertions made by the Indian military leadership since the U.S. operation in Pakistan to nab al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, the Pakistan Army on Thursday warned that any “misadventure of this kind will be responded to very strongly.” Earlier in the day, Foreign Secretary Salman Bashir said mimicking U.S. unilateral action in Pakistan would result in a “terrible catastrophe.”

In light of what the US has been doing all over the mid east, Pakistan has got to be feeling a little under the gun right now, and is going the "mad dog" route to try and get everyone to back off.

I personally think the US is just agitating Pakistan as a distraction, but its very possible they the tactic may end up blowing up in their, and Indias face.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

pakistan is such a baby...they always try to distract others from their flawed thinking and the results of their actions...but i sure hope that 3 billion aid of u.s tax dollars will not be given to pak...don't think it wud go down easily with the americans...no aid... pak will go bankrupt instantly and then WW3 in the making...some more teasing of india with a couple of ceasfire violations...wait and c mate...

link   
reply to post by hp1229

pakistan is such a baby...they always try to distract others from their flawed thinking and the results of their actions...but i sure hope that 3 billion aid of u.s tax dollars will not be given to pak...don't think it wud go down easily with the americans...no aid... pak will go bankrupt instantly and then WW3 in the making...some more teasing of india with a couple of ceasfire violations...wait and c mate...

link   
reply to post by hp1229

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by atsmem1980

I honestly hope the US is just using Pakistan as a distraction right now, because surely they must realize that if they push too hard they will likely start a nuclear conflict.

But.............we might really be that stupid. I have certainly heard interviews with people accusing us of high level incompetence, and I guess I dont want to believe we are that dumb.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Uh uh, not good at all

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by atsmem1980

I honestly hope the US is just using Pakistan as a distraction right now, because surely they must realize that if they push too hard they will likely start a nuclear conflict.

But.............we might really be that stupid. I have certainly heard interviews with people accusing us of high level incompetence, and I guess I dont want to believe we are that dumb.

Well..the goal upto certain extent is to also remove the nukes from Pakistan by US as per speculation(s).

This might be another way to corner the failed state of Pakistan before things get out of hand.

new topics

top topics

join