It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

wow! pure anger at its best! is what i see in this video.i do not see a lawful system ,but one of anger being applied here.no hints in the video of anything else.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

couldnt agree more - this is a classic case of 20/20 hindsite from people in the saftey of thier den , who have the benefit of a clear view of the girls actions - which is denied to the police officer

my bottom line - i would have dropped the [snip] too

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Jump To 1:53

I think both the girl and the cop were drunk
The police force needs to condemn publicly police brutality and because of how far widespread police brutality has come the president also needs to publicly condemn this action and provide a plan to reduce police brutality.

At the very least if not that then presidential candidates should shed some spotlight on this and that could also help them during the campaign trial.

www.dailymail.co. uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

jesus, he nearly knocked that poor girl out cold. He should be charged with assault for that, that was disgusting behaviour, if that had been my daughter, friend, whatever, i would beat his ass, cop or no cop, men do not hit females like that, infact hit anyone like that. Dirty sneaky so and so

+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You're flat out wrong.

First of all, if the officer thought she might have a weapon, he would have drawn his weapon and told her to drop her weapon. So we can toss that "theory" out the window.

Second of all, this catch-all-excuse that the officer's perception could have been this or that is just that - an excuse. This fantasy land world of imagination could allow an officer to do ANYTHING he wants because he "perceived" a threat that simply wasn't there, regardless of REALITY.

Lastly, it's obvious that this sign of aggression from the officer is simply a form of dominance behavior towards ANYONE who disrespects their authority, at the very least. "You disrespect me? I'll show YOU!!" Bam.

At the very worst, this cop might be a misogynist who jumps at ANY chance to hurt women, you know, "in the line of duty." Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

The officers do this because the corrupt system allows them to. End of story. Absolute power corrupts, absolutely.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
And what is it with the shaved head Neo Nazi look???

It's been popular in every municipality I've lived in.

I guess the shaved head or the crew cut thing replaced the mustache in cop dress code. Maybe it's a carry over from military duty. Maybe it's to make people think they are military. Nothing worse for playing toughguy than letting it leak that you arent really a toughguy so the shaved head helps with the image.

It fits nicely with the black uniforms and angry expressions.

I want to know if there is a police force left that isnt all about the posturing and threatening presentation.

Almost all the cops, medics, dispatchers, etc... Ive ever worked with or met (even the morbidly obese ones) all wear the shaved head look. It's become the haircut of insecurity. And keeping in step with the research cited in this thread here it fits the insecurity model perfectly.

So next time you see a shaved head on an "authority" figure don't be intimidated or angry. Be sad and sympathetic because the person under that fuzz is lonely, insecure and afraid.
edit on 6-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

I agree with you. This was an excessive show of force. All the officer had to do was ask her to stop. And being withing walking distance, run in front of her to keep her from running away. This is the typical type of officer on the force. What are they training these officers to do? Use military tatics!? I'm not sure about the whole story, but this is diffinately a case of brutality on the officer's part. But when you stop and think about it, what are they really going to do about this? Sweep it under the rug. Just as they always do. Welcome to America, the land of the controlled.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I hate these types of COPS... they are the kind I reserve the word [SNIP] for.

Total abuse of power, pure assault plain and simple.
edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: removed derotatory term

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Defend the cops at all costs, some of the apologists on here make me wanna puke. Yeah that big scary drunk 15 yr old girl was a huge threat, she was poised to pounce on the defenseless cop. You could tell he was fearing for his life as well, seeing as how another cop stands there talking to the other people like nothing too exciting is going on.

What a huge piece of garbage that cop is, after his shift he probably went home and played the incident over and over in his head, loving the feeling of his victory over a wretched foe.

Hope the [SNIP] gets canned, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: removed profanity

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
**ATTENTION**

Please desist with off-topic and rude remarks. Moving forward please discuss the topic, not each other.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Another untrained [SNIP] attacks a girl and gets away with it. Cops everywhere are getting ridiculous with their force, it seems like hitting girls, kids, old people, or even the wrong person in some cases, is happening more than actually doing their job.

Public servants should have DOUBLE punishment for crimes that harm public, or when they mess up like this. Hell the court system does that and more to YOU for less.

youtu.be...

police brutality is way too out of control here.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Nope. Cleared of all charges pretty recently too if I remember correctly.

Do you have a link for this?

Thx

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah, bum rushing a 15 year old girl from behind like that is really keeping the streets safe.

Hope the girl sues and the jack... loses his job over it. People like this are unfit for duty.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Former PHX sergeant says officer's use of force on teen may have been justified

“It is a tactical hit,” said Penzone. “From what I know, the use of force may very well have been justified. That does not mean it was the most appropriate or necessary use of it. That is what the police must decide.”

Officer Patrick Larrison is on leave as internal and criminal investigations are ongoing.

“After he picks her up he doesn’t show any more aggression and there is no more violence,” said Penzone

www.abc15.com...'s-use-of-force-on-teen-may-have-been-justified

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

OK...so if we are gonna look at the bigger picture here then let me add this. First of all, I did watch the video from the start. The girl is not fighting back. She is trying to get out of the grasp of the person who is holding her. Second off...the police do not see this part either. They might have been told she was drinking and disruptive, possible even combative, but that is not what they see when they arrive.

I can assure you, if she was being combative, BOTH officers would have charged her. This isn't what happens. All she does is walk off. Or try to. Her arms aren't raised. She assumes NO threatening posture. She isn't verbal as far as I can tell. All she does is try to walk off. I hear the cop ONE time tell her to "come back" or something like that.

Does she turn and threaten him then? Does she mouth off? NO. She keeps walking. Not even running. Just walking. The cop already knew what he was going to do when he started running. "I'm having to run after you, and now your going to pay for it."

The girl only turns when she hears the cop close to her. His arm was already raising up when she turns. She reflexively raises her arms as she turns. She was off balance enough from being drunk. That's already obvious to me. No...His intent was to punish her for running. He was having a bad day/life and this person has the audacity to not respond to a single command from him.

She's just a punk young girl. So she deserved it. That's what he though, and that's what I'm hearing from others on this thread. No. She was a misguided teenager, who was attempting to walk away from trouble. It sped up and caught up with her though

Was she wrong for drinking in school? Yes. Was she wrong if she passed some out to other students? Yes. Was she wrong if she did hit a male teacher as claimed? Yes. Was this officer wrong in his treatment of her? YES.

People need to stop defending something that is blatantly wrong.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
While I have a lot of respect for law enforcement officers, and have always been treated respectfully by them whenever I've had to deal with one, this guy should have re-thought his tactics and handled the situation much differently. There's nothing worse than a punk with a badge and a gun, and episodes like this just give the good cops a bad name.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Wow, what an aggressive roided-out piece of garbage. I hope this jerk got fired. I mean, he could have just ran UP to her...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This piece of [SNIP] should be put up against that wall and shot. You think these retard inbred human garbage cops would do this kind of stuff if they knew that would be the punishment?

Situations like these I loose my ability to stay calm and non-violent. I just can't believe it.

I hope she takes everything this POS cop has. I know I would try if I was her. Then I'd spend every last cent of the money ruining the rest of the guy's life.

Notice the other cop didn't run over and ask "WTF ARE YOU DOING!?!?!" Yeah.... not all cops do these things. But all cops don't get outraged by this they are nearly as guilty and deserve just as bad as this guy does.

Never a shortage of reason to hate cops. They are the REAL terrorists. You think Bin Laden ever smashed that girl into a wall? Don't think so.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This post is for all those that do not consider this Police Brutality or Excessive force..

Before I begin this is a Minor Child of 15 years old.

We all know she was just walking and the cop runs up to her..

The initial impact made by the police officer was with his left elbow driving forward at full force contacting her jaw...

However you will notice the result was not an elbow to the face... He backhanded her with such force it caused her to literally lift off of the ground and become airborne and possibly causing injury to her jaw and or neck.

As she is falling her center of gravity is rotating from her feet as the low point to her head.. You will notice her face is pointing away from the officer as a result of the back hand strike. (which is why I mentioned a possible neck injury) You will also notice the officers left hand completing the swing.

Now with her entire body weight mixed with the force of the blow causes her head to contact the solid concrete with extreme momentum. This was with such force that it could easily have caused a severe head injury including concussion, brain hemorrhaging or even death due to brain trauma... You will noticed her feet have not yet made contact with the ground.

The police officer then handcuffs her as if in triumph although she may be dead on the ground or dying from hemorrhaging inside her cranial cavity.. She may also have sustained a severe concussion.. Head trauma is no laughing matter especially on concrete.

The police officer showed complete lack of awareness for the possible damage he could have done to a 15 year old girl ,who even if fleeing, was just walking away. This could have been a possible death sentence for her. This police officer obviously could have handled this in a way that would not risk severe injury (possibly permanent) to this girl.. What we don't see is the medical attention she received after this event and what injuries she may have sustained.

That is all.
edit on 6-5-2011 by DaMod because: Grammatical Changes

edit on 6-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realms

Originally posted by tristar
Simply a case of resisting arrest.
. I guess all those years of training paid off...the officer was obviously in danger i am only surprised he never drew his weapon !
edit on 6-5-2011 by tristar because: (no reason given)

Again, no resisting arrest. I just saw an interview with a retired cop who claimed he thought it was excessive force, and that she showed no signs of resisting. Resisting arrest would be in a physical struggle with the officer...don't know about you but I didnt see any type of confrontation between the parties.

Resisting arrest defined:

physical efforts to oppose a lawful arrest; the resistance is classified as assault and battery upon the person of the police officer attempting to make the arrest.

I think you misunderstood my post,

what i should have said and since the officer was faced with a life threatening situation he should have called in the s.w.a.t. team and wait for the bomb squad incase she's strapped with a jakvest , then and only then as the video shows, she made sprint in trying to get away, he then should have tazered her and if that wasnt successful he should have unloaded several hollow points, better yet, he should have had the 50 cal out of the trunk and let loose several hundred rounds. Lets not forget while all this is going a squad of F16's with hellfire's were already in a holding patter incase this girl actually managed to leave the immediate area. But for back up, there should have been a pair of apache's hovering two blocks away with heat activated body thermal tracers.

You do realize i am only stressing what my original point was.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Thank you for a mature and logical reply.

The girl is not fighting back. She is trying to get out of the grasp of the person who is holding her.

If you recall I called it a wrestling match, not a fight, however,

The problem with your statement...

Second off...the police do not see this part either. They might have been told she was drinking and disruptive, possible even combative, but that is not what they see when they arrive.

Is that it is incomplete. To complete it for you, I propose the following, but you can put it in your own terms if you like.

What the officers do see is another girl on the ground being looked after by other witnesses.(her condition is obstructed by the car in the video).

As the suspect was pointed out buy the witnesses and an assault situation is visible. She has proven herself by, visual observances, to be combatant.

I can assure you, if she was being combative, BOTH officers would have charged her.

Due to the fact that the officers know she is intoxicated and she was walking not running or "Spouting off at the mouth" the second officer may have decided no back up was necessary.

The "attacking" officer may have made a judgment call to catch her off guard thus his motion at the time it was.
If you have any type of martial arts training you know to use your opponents balance against them. Why because it further controls their balance thus controls the combat. With this in mind and an officer coming up fast she may have shifted her weight away from the officer combined with his impact making it worse than it actually was. This could be simple negligence of the officer.

No...His intent was to punish her for running. He was having a bad day/life and this person has the audacity to not respond to a single command from him.

This is simple speculation that can not be proven, as we do not know whether his "Wheaties" were white or yellow.

My point was this can be explained legally and lawfully and probably will when it comes to trial. Was it excessive use of force? Maybe. Was it intentional? Maybe. But what it is not is a clear cut example of police brutality, as in example the video posted earlier when the man died in England. There are many like this and as unfortunate as this event may be it is not a good example.

Edit to say: Did the officer have other choices? Most definitely.
edit on 6-5-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join