It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 28
<< 25  26  27   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Try doing that to your own child of 15yrs, drunk, violent or not. You would be slapped with a felony child abuse charge so fast your head would swim.

A gun and badge does not exempt you from a child abuse charge and that is what I saw. There was no need for that extreme violence on a child. That situation could have been handled in a much more appropriate manner.

That LEO just wanted to hurt someone and proper protocol was ignored. Steroids, frustration, bad day is no excuse for unprofessional behavior.

I always have my iphone or camcorder at the ready to record events like these.
I also always record acts of heroism by LEOs in the performance of their duties to "protect and serve" and upload it to my local news stations and cable access channels.
edit on 9-5-2011 by whaaa because: ivy 2

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
To all those coming out with cracking lines such as "he didn't beat her up" or "she was a threat and deserved what she got!", can I just point out that she is walking away from the scene and not even looking in the cops direction? People seem to have missed that important point...

The fact of the matter still stands; the cops actions were bang out of line. I'm not one to pussyfoot around those in the wrong, those who want to get physical with others deserve what they get in my opinion but a police officer has to obey the law just like everyone else.

It's wrong for people to justify the cops actions, he's at least twice as heavy as the girl and basically body slams her to the floor when she was walking away, not looking.

There is a major difference between restraining someone, and flooring them when they aren't looking.

I understand that when people are drunk, high, extremely angry or a combination of all three they have the ability to demonstrate unusual levels of strength/resistance but does anyone seriously doubt the cops physical ability to handle the girl in a professional and safe manner in this particular situation?

Once again, the cops actions were not appropriate for the situation, he went overboard and as such should be punished.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I just watched this video again and again andagain, I am changing my opinion.

the cop f'd up and hit her way to hard. nuff said.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

#1. She assaulted a teacher.

#2. She assaulted her OWN mother.

3#. Police wanted to apprehend her when she was walking away. That's why that one officer did what he did. All he wanted to do was talk to her and ensure she was no longer a threat whether it be a threat to him, others, or herself. Instead of complying she wanted to walk away. That's not the way to cooperate with police in an investigation. That's evasion. He then did what it took to begin taking control of the situation. Even if it means knocking her to the ground. If that's what it takes then that's what he's expected to do. The officer was doing his job.

#4. I had a police officer tell me he once got a black eye from a thirteen year old girl. Similar situation.

#5. I'm a security officer. I know what the heck I'm talking about. I know how these things work because I'm talking from experience.
edit on 5/10/11 by Marked One because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
reply to post by Death_Kron

#1. She assaulted a teacher.

#2. She assaulted her OWN mother.

3#. Police wanted to apprehend her when she was walking away. That's why that one officer did what he did. All he wanted to do was talk to her and ensure she was no longer a threat whether it be a threat to him, others, or herself. Instead of complying she wanted to walk away. That's not the way to cooperate with police in an investigation. That's evasion. He then did what it took to begin taking control of the situation. Even if it means knocking her to the ground. If that's what it takes then that's what he's expected to do. The officer was doing his job.

#4. I had a police officer tell me he once got a black eye from a thirteen year old girl. Similar situation.

#5. I'm a security officer. I know what the heck I'm talking about. I know how these things work because I'm talking from experience.
edit on 5/10/11 by Marked One because: (no reason given)

#1. Irrelevant.

#2. Again irrelevant, you cannot let your person opinion of a suspects actions change the way you react to them.

#3. Similar to my above point, the girl was in no way resisting arrest or posing a threat, this is evident from the fact that she wasn't even looking at the police officer and was walking away. I'm not saying she her previous actions were right and agree she is in the wrong by not stopping and speaking to the officer, but she was drunkly walking away; that doesn't warrant being violently shoved to the floor from behind.

If she had her arms flailing, windmilling all over the show and angrily shouting verbal abuse then my opinion would change slightly but the point still stands that the cops actions were over the top in this particular scenario.

#4 I don't disbelieve you but in all fairness it's not that hard to give someone a black eye and once again it's an irrelevant point because in the situation we are discussing the girl isn't even looking at the cop and prior to him full forcibly body slamming her to the floor from behind there was no physical contact between the pair.

#5 You could be a pastry chef for all I care, my opinion stands firm. I'm not disagreeing that the girls previous actions were right and I appreciate that security guards, police officers, bouncers etc all have a difficult job which involves using a certain amount of violence in order to subdue difficult offenders but as I keep pointing out there are methods to do this.

I'm not going to keep arguing the same points over and over again, I've already made it clear that sometimes a degree of violence is a necessary evil as part of that particular line of work but I think it's fairly clear for all to see that in this particular example the cop went over with a blatant disregard to the girls personal safety.
edit on 10/5/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I will seriously harm anyone who does this to anyone I care about, regardless of any social standing or government position.

My life is ultimately for those I love.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

#1. Irrelevant.

#2. Again irrelevant, you cannot let your person opinion of a suspects actions change the way you react to them.

#3. Similar to my above point, the girl was in no way resisting arrest or posing a threat, this is evident from the fact that she wasn't even looking at the police officer and was walking away. I'm not saying she her previous actions were right and agree she is in the wrong by not stopping and speaking to the officer, but she was drunkly walking away; that doesn't warrant being violently shoved to the floor from behind.

If she had her arms flailing, windmilling all over the show and angrily shouting verbal abuse then my opinion would change slightly but the point still stands that the cops actions were over the top in this particular scenario.

#4 I don't disbelieve you but in all fairness it's not that hard to give someone a black eye and once again it's an irrelevant point because in the situation we are discussing the girl isn't even looking at the cop and prior to him full forcibly body slamming her to the floor from behind there was no physical contact between the pair.

#5 You could be a pastry chef for all I care, my opinion stands firm. I'm not disagreeing that the girls previous actions were right and I appreciate that security guards, police officers, bouncers etc all have a difficult job which involves using a certain amount of violence in order to subdue difficult offenders but as I keep pointing out there are methods to do this.

I'm not going to keep arguing the same points over and over again, I've already made it clear that sometimes a degree of violence is a necessary evil as part of that particular line of work but I think it's fairly clear for all to see that in this particular example the cop went over with a blatant disregard to the girls personal safety.
edit on 10/5/11 by Death_Kron because: (no reason given)

#1. & #2. - The point is if she's willing to attack a teacher and her OWN mother. What's going to stop her from attacking the police officer. Police officer shoved her as a preventative measure against her turning her aggression toward him.

#3. If it weren't for him having shoved her then there would have been a better chance of physical contact against the officer.

#4. If he would've kicked her while she was down or pulled out his ASP and beat her with it or pepper sprayed her followed by drive stun her with a taser or any combination of those mentioned. THEN I would say the police officer was using excessive force.

All the officer did was knock the wind out of her. He didn't ALMOST kill her--much less ACTUALLY kill her. In fact she was very much conscious while she was on the ground as you can clearly see her trying to pull her arm away as the officer is trying to hook her up.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Put simply, I've never seen someone and pose a threat when they are walking away from the person in question. I've tried to reason with you, even relent a little bit but my opinion still stands. It seems we shall have to agree to disagree...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I posted the beating video on another site and they banned me for it. They accused me of enjoying it. Be aware, people are really stupid. Here is stupidity in action www.elpasotimes.com...
edit on 11-5-2011 by earthdude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I've never seen someone and pose a threat when they are walking away from the person in question.

You would be surprised.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

I've never seen someone and pose a threat when they are walking away from the person in question.

You would be surprised.

In some situations yes, in the video and girl in question no...

Like I said, I don't mind disagreeing, no hards feelings.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

edit on 12-5-2011 by Tamahu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27   >>

join