It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSR71

thanks, brotha... It is good to know I am not the only one trying to keep it real, even if it is a little hard to take for the squimish. Thank god our founding fathers were not the squimish types or we may still have british accents.....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!
Please discuss the topic and not other members.

That means no belittling, off topic posts, name calling, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts
edit on Sat May 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I'm afraid not lad. I've watched this a few times now and I cannot see how the cop would "assume" the girl would be carrying or about to show aggressive behaviour.

I can see where you are coming from... But look again.

1: The cop has already made up his mind the minute he left the vehicle. His body language says it all. As Cartman would say it states "Respect my authority". He knew what he was going to do from the get go.

2: Even if the cop didn't have an idea what he was planning... His run up to the girl is like a juggernaut. It's not like the girl was fleeing the scene (I would have understood that) But again... His intentions are clear.

3: Once that girl turned around he was 1.06 seconds from her. Not like she had time to do anything. That reaction of her arms is just a basic "OH CRAP" reaction. A flinch. Nothing more. So strike 3 the cop knew what he was doing.

So after my detailed observation... The guy deserves everything coming his way. Too extreme. Maybe he watched WWE before he went to bed the night before... Seen a cool move and decided to use it

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by romanmel
reply to post by Turkenstein

I would not want to see a world where police officers are allowed to "punish" people at will.

That is why we have courts and a jury.

Otherwise what you have is a Police State. To each his own, but not for me.

He did not punish her, he subdued a violent drunk. Get your head on straight and watch the video without the intent of judging the cop.

If he had of done that to his own child in his own home whether she was drunk or not he would have been charged with child abuse. That's what this was and civil ligation should be perused. I wish I had of become an attorney instead of an anthropologist. Easy pickins!!
edit on 7-5-2011 by whaaa because: code green

Hold on partna, not so easy pickins. You just saw her mom fighting with her. Also any judge who watches the video and hears the facts will send your easy pickins client to jail. 9 out of 10 times. The girls had already violated the right of so many people. What about the parents who have a right to send their kids to school without some trampity tramp offering them alchohol. She assaulted two people and was apprehended aggresively when she displayed aggression.

But, if we are talking fantasy, and that was his kid, then I would be president and give him a pardon

edit on Sat May 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The cop hurt her so she wouldn't hurt herself?! Messed up. If I were her parent, there would be some serious # going down......and not for a quick buck.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by psyop911

Originally posted by Turkenstein

I think you are a retard with down syndrome, if you can not see this little b#%ch deserved everything she got. She just struck two people, was walking away from the scene, and was obviously gearing up to get physical with the cop. Did you watch the video even watch the video with any intent other than to judge the cop? Come, the little bit was doubling up her fist and mouthing before the cop even got there. The cop just witnessed her violence and saw her showing aggresion toward his advance. She got it, she deserved it, and he should be commended for giving that little brat a good lesson.

lol. you is silly. are you a cop maybe?

No cop, just an engineer who attempts to filter realty with an unbiased eye, a little better than most apparently. You have to remember this, "you know your intentions, the cop does not"

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSR71

Seriously lad?

Does that cop not have a mouth, tongue or vocal chords? He could have talked to the girl.

Granted she attacked two people... I haven't see the part of the video where the second person was attacked, but... She didn't attack the cop.

Lets put it this way... If I saw a fight, where a friend was getting wailed on by another dude. The other dude got up and walked away, I ran after him and laid him out... Would I not be reprimanded??

So why should the same not happen to this cop?? Crazy!

As you stated... You can't have it both ways. There cannot and shall not be one rule for one and another rule for someone else. Thats not how the law works.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Jump To 1:53

I think both the girl and the cop were drunk
The police force needs to condemn publicly police brutality and because of how far widespread police brutality has come the president also needs to publicly condemn this action and provide a plan to reduce police brutality.

At the very least if not that then presidential candidates should shed some spotlight on this and that could also help them during the campaign trial.

www.dailymail.co. uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

So...its not Ok to have sex with 15 year olds, but its Ok to bust them on the head, and cause possible brain damage?
Wow. Not gonna judge, but i see soo much hipocrisy from most law enforcement. If you are going to "protect and serve" make sure you practice what you preach.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by Marked One

Wrong. If it is a melee weapon, you widen the distance.

If it is a firearm, you draw your own weapon and take cover if you can.

That is typical police training.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Reply to post by Marked One

First of all, two seconds is nothing. She was drunk off her ass. It would take her that long just to process what he said.

Secondly…we were taught the rule of threes. You give someone three chances to listen to your command before you go to the next course of action.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSR71

No.

He did not follow the continuum, plain and simple.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Investigation has been expanded outside of just the IA investigation. A Criminal investigation is now underway and the PA's office has been given a heads up as to whats going on with the officer.

There were actually 2 officers present. The girls was intoxicated, and the fight she had with the male teacher was actually her pushing the teacher out of the way as she stormed out of the school office. Mom was present because the school called her to come get her daighter. The cops were also called at the same time. She has been charged with one count of assault for the teacher, and one count of domestic violence for punching her mom during the fight.

The officer has been on the force for 6 years, and has no excessive use of force complaints, or any unjustified use of force reports.

This incident actually occured back in January.

Phoenix officer investigated for excessive force

PHOENIX - UPDATE.................

...............A Phoenix police officer has been placed on administrative leave pending a use of force investigation.

Police officials say the department has initiated both a criminal and internal investigation of Officer Patrick Larrison's actions.

They say the use of force incident occurred Jan. 25, but wasn't brought to the department's attention until late Tuesday night................

edit on 7-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Not so much that per se. But the girl could have gave the police officer a black eye. I've known a police officer who got a black eye by a thirteen year old girl.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Jump To 1:53

I think both the girl and the cop were drunk
The police force needs to condemn publicly police brutality and because of how far widespread police brutality has come the president also needs to publicly condemn this action and provide a plan to reduce police brutality.

At the very least if not that then presidential candidates should shed some spotlight on this and that could also help them during the campaign trial.

www.dailymail.co. uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

So...its not Ok to have sex with 15 year olds, but its Ok to bust them on the head, and cause possible brain damage?
Wow. Not gonna judge, but i see soo much hipocrisy from most law enforcement. If you are going to "protect and serve" make sure you practice what you preach.

right it is NOT ok to have sex with children, and it is NOT ok for them to act out violently or drunk. It IS ok to subdue a minor that is dangerous to the public and herself. And if you do have sex with a 15yo I hope this cop gets you because your line of thinking is way off base.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join