It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Its sad that in the world we live today,you dont know who the criminal is. Not EVERY officer is bad,just like not every citizen

Well said. My dad once told me that in order for cops to do their jobs they have to think like criminals, and that they really have the same thinking process. Kinda scary.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

What that means. "Think like criminals" is to try and predict a criminal's next move and stay one step ahead of them. Case-in-point; I know how to look for car burglars. They commonly work in a group of two or more. And they don't go around on foot. They drive. The average age of the most hardcore professional car burglar would be about 30 some years. And most of the time they're going to get into a car by popping the lock as opposed to a young punk who's going to break a window. I've always made it a point that if I ever catch a car burglar that I'm going to stop them at gun point. Because #1. You never know what kind of weapons they may be wielding. #2. They're sure as heck not going to be a single bit afraid to use said weapons since they're DEFINITELY not going to be too happy about being caught red-handed. Especially by me (a security-officer). And #3. I've confronted a car burglar before. And he pointed a gun at me. So... 'nuff said on that.
edit on 5/7/11 by Marked One because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
you say can NOT trust a dope dealer
they also say you can not trust a cop

for the same reasons

I recall when a huge clique of high school teachers used to go the local water hole
( where I worked as a student part time)
every friday at lunch and then they would go back to school hammered for the afternoon
( teachers don't tip..they weren't popular in the bar... for TWO good reasons)

the stoodent pot smoking area was right along the drive to the teacher parking are
for 15 years.....!

I tended bar when the pope was here and our bar was taken over by off duty cops and security
they were just the same kind of pain in the but as bikers
the exact same

drunk cops that swing hit the wall pretty hard too when they swing at waitresses
meh

For a profesional to use violence the way he did on a CHILD
drunk or not...
is just to bad
PS
wonder where she learned to behave like that?
and who is paying them to teach that stuff?

edit on 7-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
I have no sympathy for the girl that was pushed down by the officer. She had already been accused of assaulting her mother and another person, on top of being drunk. She got what she deserved in my opinion and wasnt hurt. So whats the big deal? The officer did his job. Case closed.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by arbelisk

*Shrugs* It is what it is.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

So I guess I'm not really surprised to find that you are a Security officer. It makes sense you were rooting for that cop.
Look, I know that cops risk their lives every day. The stress of such a job must be enormous. Things have changed from the time of horse-drawn carriages. I think tv and Hollywood have a lot to do with that, and surprisingly, the deliberate injection into our culture of immorality, drugs, ugly art etc, which is part of the plan of communism to subvert us from within (per Nikita Kruschev).

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I just know what cops deal with. Even though me being a security officer. The private security firm I work for has off-duty police working for them as security guards. (In fact I'm at work right this second. I'm just reading ATS and typing up my reports for the night at the same time here on my laptop.)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
As a serving frontline officer in England, i would have to say i have never taken anyone down like that. I have had more than my fair share of incidents of dealing with drunken and violent people.

I can't say what he did was wrong, everyone has their own interpretation of reasonable force in detaining someone. I can say that dealing with drunken and violent women is a nightmare. You will always run the risk of being accussed of 'abusing a woman'. The chivalry aspect most of us have been raised with can be detrimental. I have a permanent scar where a woman assaulted me, i though i had gained her cooperation and had not handcuffed her...we don't have compulsory handcuffing over here.

I have come out of hospital on a few occasions carrying the marks of battle, thinking if i had been more 'officious' i could have avoided it. It's not nice for my young child to see his daddy in slings etc...but that is the job i do and on the whole do pretty well. We have had an incident over here recently where 2 officers attended a house and all of a sudden a woman has plunged a knife into an officers chest. Thankfully he was wearing a stab vest..the other officer was not.

I have found it hard sometimes not to think of all members of the public in the way some on here think of the police. Fortunately i can do a reality check.... but when you are constantly being called to deal with people high on drugs, drink, who have mental health issues or are just plain evil, your brain gets wired into thinking the next one you come across will be the same. That's the nature of the job.

Best wishes to you all.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Usually I can somewhat see the officers side in these situations. But THIS here is disgusting, it's just Blatant use of Excessive Force. Police Brutality in it's most simplest form.

Not only did he tackle this 15 year old girl on a full run, he left his feet while doing so and drilled her (which is a major penalty in some grown mens most violent contact sports) He also stiff arms her in the face as she turns around, and he's flying through the air with all of his momentum and I'd guess 220 lbs of force behind it.

Not all cops are bad, but this guy with the shaved head and "The I'm out to kick some a$$ tonight" sunglasses, makes up a good majority of police officers. They we're usually the drunken Jock, Bully all the smaller kids...a-holes you remeber from Highschool, that couldn't do anything after he graduated except get paid to be a bully.

What in the world was this jack off thinking? The best cops have more patience than this. I don't care what the situation was that we might not know about, this cop was in the wrong.

If the girl was a serious enough threat to warrant that sort of violence...this cop should have followed procedure, and pulled out his tazer, and made his presence clear, and not approach her.

If she wasn't a serious threat he should have walked up to her and talked to her, while keeping a bit of a distance.

So yea I can't thing of ANY situation that warrants an all out running full speed, open feild spear tackle into a concrete wall/sidewalk.

If I was his boss, he'd be fired.

If I was that girls family..., he'd have been sue'd.

When I see stuff like this I just think....More Police Officers need to learn Gracie Jiu Jitsu. (Military style training just doesn't work for police officers, it actually makes them worse officers, as they are not in warzones; although the cop in the cvideo acted like he was in one).

Ryron and Rener are teaching it to as many police in the world as they can, but they are only two men.Jiu-Jitsu is so much more tailored for LEO's who's job is to "SERVE and PROTECT".

If this cop was even a Blue Belt in GJJ this altercation would have most likely

A) Never would have become physical

or

B) If the girl turned around and violently started swinging at the Cop, He would have been able to secure her in any number of holds that would protect himself, as well as the girl, while keeping his weapon securely away from her hands (if she was really Crazy).

So any police officers reading this. Look up GracieAcademy on you-tube, and learn the most effective, and least dangeous ways to subdue and secure a person in a street confrontation.

They also have a "Bullyproof" system (which has been shown on major news networks) for kids that are being bullied in school. It's amazing if I had young kids, I would be teaching them it.

They also have a DVD course geared for Woman with guaranteed proven ways to escape from sexual predators. It's amazing, girls check those out.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Nola213 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

Yes, very interesting post from a Martial Arts perspective, and you just made me realize I made a mistake in one of my postings. I've seen some jiu jitsu matches on ESPN and I thought that the two girls were engaged in similar form, but I mistakenly posted it as judo which is more like strikes to specific places on the body.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Holy crap.

I know I'm not saying anything different from many of the other posters, but that video was insane. At first I thought he, like, cracked her head... the impact against the wall looked so rough.

But to be honest... the cop looks more idiotic than malicious. As though he doesn't have the mental capacity to understand that he just slammed a teenagers head into a cement wall.

I'm very against going through the legal system when one is wronged, because the legal system is so incredibly flawed that it's almost impossible the get any semblance of justice in this country... but in this case... she should sue. I don't know if it would do any good, but at least maybe it would get more attention in the media and people would be more disturbed about police brutality.

If anything, the girl looked like she was trying to stroll away from the scene, so she wouldn't be noticed... obviously not a smart thing to do, but it's not as though she was running from him.
I could maybe understand the cop charging at her if she was running and he needed to catch her... but she was walking. Just walking. The cop didn't need to go all gung-ho and attack like some kind of bully-freak.

But of course, I only saw one persons perspective of the incident, and I don't know exactly what occurred... so who knows, maaaaaybe the officer had a legitimate reason to charge her head-first into a cement wall.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Disgusting.

Another example of a common thug hidden behind a uniform and a badge, I wonder whether the "officer" would think about his actions a little differently if he had to watch a video of his daughter being slammed to the floor.

The cop gets 5 stars on the toughness scale.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
The two girls fighting and the cop.....all three are wastes of human flesh. You think any one of those to girls are going to grow up and lead good lives? Hell no they wont, they will be living off of people like you and me. Makes me sick. Obvious they have bad parents too, which is the main problem with kids today.

The best thing that could have happened in this situation is the cop smashed her head on the wall hard enough to kill he, then himself continues to fall over and breaks his neck on the curb resulting in his death, the the other chick tries to run across the street and gets ran over by a bus. Why couldn't that have happened?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

You are crazy, and an enabler of how our american youth is going down hill. I think anyone who exhibits the behavior that she did deserves more than what she got. Hopefully they line that little bitch out, because if it was my kids that she was giving alchohol to she and her poppa would be in for a lot worse that that if I got to them first. The bitch deserved every piece of what she got. I think it makes me
to she her get her just deserves.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

Disgusting.

Another example of a common thug hidden behind a uniform and a badge, I wonder whether the "officer" would think about his actions a little differently if he had to watch a video of his daughter being slammed to the floor.

Unfortunately, a guy like that (with a short fuse) may very well be abusing his own child already. A thug is a thug, whether or not he is on duty.

But, Police Departments want thugs in today's world. Best advise is avoid cops...they ARE NOT your friend.
edit on 7-5-2011 by romanmel because: missing text

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
If any police officer cannot handle the "stress" they should find a new line of work, no one is forcing them stick with that job. We all know the reason they don't quit is cause they love the power a badge and gun gives them.

The cop used excessive force, he wanted to injure that person for making him sprint to catch her.
"worthless citizen, forcing me the all mighty police officer to sprint to catch you, time to eat concrete scum.
He should be fired and assault charges filed. That will be the only way to make other cops think twice about using excessive force.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join