It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Lysergic
if that was my daughter i'd now be a cop killer.

Overreacting a little, no? I'd be giving that cop a taste, but cop killer? I don't think so. He just needs to be put in his place. A little tit for tat.

Why not revenge 7 fold?

How much more must they step on us?
edit on 7-5-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

The time will come for that if we continue down this path as a country. It's not here yet. Patience, my homicidal friend.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

You can clearly hear him saying "come here" two seconds before he bum rushes her. She didn't want to obey the first time. So the police had to take off the kid gloves at that point.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Wow Woody never seen that before..

He died?

Wow... Did that officer get charged with anything?!

Looks like a clear cut case of manslaughter at least!..
edit on 6-5-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

The police officer was charged with unlawful killing, the case looked like he was going to get away with it but the jury returned the harshest penalty. It has to go to another trial to see if he will be charged with manslaughter.

The death of Ian Tomlinson has been pretty big news in the UK. Not only did the officer knock down Tomlinson , but moments before knocked over a BBC cameraman.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Where have I seen this before...

Officer Patrick Larrison isn't the only Officer Larrison in the Phoenix PD to exercise poor judgement. Officer Marysol Larrison, a detective with Phoenix PD was fired from the department in 2009.
www.kpho.com...

She was eventually re-hired after coming clean. Her partner wasn't so lucky.

Marysol's myspace page with pictures of her and Pat together.
www.myspace.com...

Public records seem to indicate that they are married.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One

You can clearly hear him saying "come here" two seconds before he bum rushes her. She didn't want to obey the first time. So the police had to take off the kid gloves at that point.

I must have had the sound turned down. Let me check it again. But again then did he give her time, she turnedaround.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
happens all the time.... cops have kicked down my door before and i fully cooperated and they handcuffed me while i was down.... then they continue to kick the sh*t out of me... i couldn't press charges because my lawyer told me it wouldn't look good for my case if i wanted to push the issue... so yes i was in trouble and i went through the process but i am half white and half chinese, skinny, glasses, and ON MY BELLY, and they still decided i needed a good old fashion beating.... i know there are good cops but man the bad ones really make you hate all of them...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

She didn't respect him as a law enforcer, and she got the bad end of it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Police are being taught that the American citizens are their enemies
and that all citizens should be treated brutally.

Dressed in para military black uniforms, "protect and serve" is no
longer their motto.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2011 by Version100 because: double post

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

In many areas of our country young teenagers are armed either knives or guns. I hear about it all the time... Ever hear of gangs? Think they are just for men.. think its just adults in them? If so your sadly mistaken. Also lots of gangs use underage people to run drugs for them because 1. They (the person having the adolescent run em) won't get caught usually. And 2. Because the adolescent won't face charges as bad as an adult would. Those guys are armed sometimes. Girls get in gang fights too.. they also get in normal fights about guys too lol. I'd rather be safe than sorry if I was a cop. You don't know who is or is not armed.. they don't carry a neon sign saying so. I did watch the video. Did you watch the video.. did you see it from both sides from their points of view? Do you think people should just be able to do whatever they want, walk away from crimes and the cops can't touch them. Maybe cops should just throw care bears at them.

First off I believe the cop was trying to spin her and put her against the wall.. not tackle her. I could be wrong though and he meant to put her on the floor. But in my opinion he tired to spin her and put her to the wall but because she was drunk she fell.. notice the cop almost fell too but he caught his balance? If it was his intention to go to the floor he would of never been off balance. Also I've hit walls and the floor harder than that while drunk without someone pushing me lol! If he would of just tackled her she still would of hit the floor hard... because she was drunk! Should he just let her walk away?? Sounds like that's what most people want here.. she was not going to just give up, she would be tackled either way while trying to resist.

Second off she had her hands near her waist by her stomach and brought them up towards her chest. The cop can only see her back and her arms moving in that fashion. At that same time the cop increased his pace to make sure she didn't spin around and shoot him. I don't think it was the best course of action.. but I think it was justified. Stopping and drawing his weapon while that close didn't make much sense either to be honest. Should he wait and see if in fact she did have a weapon? By the time he found out it could be too late.

Do I think all cops are saints.. NO! I've been abused by excessive force before. Not this crap but REAL excessive force so I am kinda weary around cops to this day. But I am not stupid.. I'm not going to make moves like I have a weapon while a cop is chasing me. I was "almost" shot even when fully complying why would I do something stupid like this girl did? I do think most cops are nice people though and are trying to do a service to their neighbors.. there is some bad seeds tho for sure.

My story if you care to hear it... I was pulled over at first by the Captain or Sergent whatever while on my way to visit a friend. He was awesome told me its a bad area to be driving my car in and he pulled me over because there was a shooting and the guys fled in a car like mine. Well my friend didn't open his gate up when I got there, and I didn't have a cell phone so went to a pay phone to ask him to meet me outside. So I get back there and I had 2 more cops pull me over. I did all they asked of me, I got out of my car, kept my hands visible way above my head and informed them when asked that I did have a concealed weapon permit and a firearm on my body. At that time they both rushed me slammed me against my car, to the ground and started hitting/kicking me. I fought back and gave one of them a black eye
(Ya I'm a rebel lol!) But eventually I was in cuffs. When I was they searched my car without consent and threatened me.. one said serious as a heart attack to me "your lucky I didn't shoot you I was really close to shooting you!" I was thinking your lucky you didn't because my friend was at the gate watching all this! Well their captain came and let me go after chewing out the rookies. And yea I filled a report, and found out both were suspended indefinitely before I even filed it.

So bottom line.. I don't really care for cops that much. But I DO see where they are coming from in certain situations. Like this one, I don't think it was the best option this cop used. But what he did could of saved his life had she been armed. There is NO way to know who is armed or not, you assume some 15 year old is not and you could end up being shot its that simple.

Sad thing is, If she did shoot him you wouldn't see any outcry on ATS or posts about it would you? No one would stick up for the guy on here. No one would say anything on here... and it could be a good honest cop who might of saved your life someday. Nope, it would just be another silent cop death adding to the many that happen every year (almost 160 last year). How many of them upset you? They weren't tackled.. but died. Wonder what the #'s of assault on officers are... and you wonder why they are so cautious? So many of them die in the line of duty I know I would be cautious!

Some drunk girl gets this amount of a outcry.. why don't you blame her parents for putting her into this situation in the 1st place. The cop?? He's just a guy.. maybe with a family to come home to. Maybe just trying to survive in a job where lots of people hate you. If someone makes moves that looks like they could be pulling out a weapon I don't see what's wrong with tackling them. Its much better than shooting them right?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

I went back and watched that segment twice. I still did not hear him till he was on her. She clearly heard him though and turned around. Sunglasses? Is that what she had in her hand? That whole scenario sickens me. We do not know who all those other people were. The guy in the jeep? The girl struggling with her? Sisters brothers grandmom, friend? Were any of those people trying to stop her from getting into more trouble? I do not assume she picked a fight. What if she had a mental condition and was not in her right mind? What if she needed to be Bakeracted for her own good? The takedown was way too violent. The guys an azz.

Froom my point of view it looked like that other girl was trying to prevent her from leaving. Either that or it was shoplifting but they were both dressed too casual for that girl to be security. Who's the lady with the nametag?
edit on 7-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Yeah she turned around at the very last second right as he was trying to reach out to grab her and then he ended up knocking her over.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Yeah she turned around at the very last second right as he was trying to reach out to grab her and then he ended up knocking her over.

That was a body slam worthy of WWF Geez man

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by ModernAcademia

She didn't respect him as a law enforcer, and she got the bad end of it.

She didnt respect him? Hows that? She turned around and literally no time to react to his approach.This stuff sickens me. It's just like the people who think TSA should be groping 5 yr old girls in private areas. Get a grip. Or am I just old enough to remember a nicer time in America?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
There will always be the apologist, and yet I do not understand why.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Wow kids are getting fat these days

Just sayin

That cop needs to be duct taped to a tree and beat with wiffle bats imo

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretUsername

1. The OTHER Girl was on top of her and had her in some kind of hold, looked almost judoesque. She got free and said "get off me" and then apparently walked away.
2. Cops arrive and body slam her. Geez
3. We don't know what other extraneous circumstances were involved.
4. If I was in the jury, Id want to see all the evidence and testimony of all people involved including woman with the name tag, passerby, guy in jeep, girl in fight, and both cops.
5. It's doubtful that vid would be used as evidence
6. Why do people like you insist on blaming the parents for everything? How about peers who offer drinks and drugs and call you a wuss for not engaging? Do you have any idea what goes on in kids circles of friends in this regard? As a parent I know that often parents do the best they know how, but kids are influenced heavily by their peers, tv, society in general, etc etc etc.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Exactly he should be innocent until proven guilty just like everyone else.

I am just offering a different point of view than most wanna be cop killers on here. I think from HIS point of view, not the camera's it could look like she was reaching/pulling out a weapon. Remember he is behind her, he cannot see what we see. All he see's is her hands go down to her waist then back up and that could be interpreted as drawing a weapon.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretUsername

Exactly he should be innocent until proven guilty just like everyone else.

I am just offering a different point of view than most wanna be cop killers on here. I think from HIS point of view, not the camera's it could look like she was reaching/pulling out a weapon. Remember he is behind her, he cannot see what we see. All he see's is her hands go down to her waist then back up and that could be interpreted as drawing a weapon.

So, what I hear you saying is a cop can arrive on the scene, have basically zero clue what's going on and go rush a person and slam her head into a concrete wall with barely a moments notice? And that this is ok on the streets for any one of us? Carry it to the conclusion. That means we are all subject to this treatment.

Oh yes, one more thing, the girl has a weapon and doesn't use it on the girl shes fighting with but instead uses it on a cop she knows has to have a gun?

This is right up there with preggie women getting tasered.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What does one even say?

At minimum he should be fired and tried for assault and battery.

Amazing what they'll do in the absence of a video camera.

These are criminal thugs in cops clothing.
edit on 7-5-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join