It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Faces Weekend Hack Attack, Report Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sony Faces Weekend Hack Attack, Report Claims

www.pcworld.com

Word of an impending attack comes from CNET that reports it has received an anonymous tip from an "observer of the Internet Relay Chat channel used by hackers." CNET reports people involved in the alleged attack plan to publicize some or all of the information they get their hands on, including customer names, credit card numbers, and addresses. The source also told CNET that the hackers claim to currently have access to some of Sony's servers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
As if sony has not suffered enough with the current psn being down, caused by hackers.

It seems that there is another attack planned this weekend. What gets me though, is that the people doing this is hurting the end users, the consumers more than what they are hurting sony.

I think the hackers need to let it go now, and give us a break!

VVV

www.pcworld.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

As if sony has not suffered enough with the current psn being down, caused by hackers.

It seems that there is another attack planned this weekend. What gets me though, is that the people doing this is hurting the end users, the consumers more than what they are hurting sony.

VVV

www.pcworld.com

These are not hackers but credit card thiefs, dont get the two mixed up. You are taring all hackers with the same brush in that blanket statement. Some hackers work for the people and other work for money (they are called credit card thiefs or people that steal you identity).

My two cent is this is an info war from the US over Anon.

The US have already claimed through Sony that it was Anon the first time. With the support that Anon has with gamers,teenagers and young adults this is the only way that they can turn the tides on them and cut there support buy making people think they are targeting orginasations for money.

Anon has never ever been accused before of stealing credit card info, so why now?

If Anon was needing money all they would have to do is open up a donation widget on their site and millions would pour in....

More false flag operations imho.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Tough! As long as hackers keep letting it happen and not give up the people who ARE responsable, then they deserve to be lumped together. This is seriously to the point of rediculous that these people keep farking things up. Leave the gaming community alone or we will have to start taking out our aggressions in real life! Mainly you, the hackers. I know if it keeps up I would certainly want to go slit whoevers throat that is doing it and I'm sure tons of other gamers feel the same. Murder is ALWAYS a good way to vent some rage!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

Credit card thief's don't hit the same target over and over.
These guy's are using the info theft as a decoy, and are really only trying to hurt Sony.

So i think you are wrong, cause it's the other way around.
I can't say if the hackers are using anon as a blame, but anon did say they would hit Sony hard, but again it could be a decoy from the hackers.
It looks like it's supporters of Geohotz and a bunch of xbox fanboys, who want's Sony down, nothing else.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

I agree with you over the statement that credit cards hackers dont keep hitting the same source but this is a 'Hear say' story and it seems like its intent was to stir the pot a little more.

Im sorry i should have mentioned this in my previous post. I believe Anon before I would believe the government and thats the problem they are trying to discredit them.

If not its a nameless hacker looking to make a few $$$$ in which case he has some 1337 hacking skills to go against one of the biggest companies in the world and come up thrumps.

Nothing more will be herd of the hacker if he gets caught not because he will disapeer but companies tend to hire hackers that attacked them to expose there weak spots.

edit on 6-5-2011 by michaelmcclen because: ugh...bad grammar

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I just hope they put a secure network up TODAY. I'm getting tired of waiting.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If you follow the story line ....

1) Sony finds no apparent Anonymous link to PlayStation attack

2) Sony Says Hackers Planted File Marked 'Anonymous'

You'll find that Anonymous was unlikely to have had anything to do with the big attack.

My vote is on "don't blame us for the problem"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I was saying in the other thread that its not Anonymous' MO.
Now I wouldn't put it past some other powers to try to Blame Anon,and its actually quite a clever way to make a ruck load of youngsters hate anon,if they blame them for busting their Identity.
Shady as hell,and part of the plan to lock down the internet incrementally IMO.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

VVV

www.pcworld.com

Don't mess up my Socom LAN parties...

CIAnon needs to stop its false flag attack on Sony.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
New York Attorney General Subpoenas Sony

....Patrick Seybold, senior director for corporate communications at Sony, said in an e-mail: ”We will review and respond to this request, and will continue to work with law enforcement authorities as they investigate the criminal attack on our networks.”

The subpoenas have been added to a long list of other questions for Sony coming from Congress, United States Senators and foreign countries.

top topics

join