It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicken fat as fuel for jet engines!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Well this would be a perfect article for April's Fools, but date is 3/25/11....so it must be real!

I have to be sincere, if this is proven to be also economically valid I believe we'll see an impressive boost in poultry breedings all over the world:

Researchers are testing the biofuel on a NASA DC-8 to measure its performance and emissions as part of the Alternative Aviation Fuel Experiment II, or AAFEX II. The fuel is called Hydrotreated Renewable Jet Fuel. "It's made out of chicken fat, actually," said Langley's Bruce Anderson, AAFEX II project scientist. "The Air Force bought many thousands of gallons of this to burn in some of their jets and provided about 8,000 gallons (30,283 liters) to NASA for this experiment."

NASA says it's an experiment with "eco-friendly" fuel but this is wrong IMO. Chicken farming on industrial scale it's a ruin for the environment:

The Washington Post

So NASA hurry up with antigravity, magnetic levitation etc....chicken fat is definitely NOT the right direction.

Hundroid

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Yo that is a lot of dead chickens. We will be swimming in chicken feathers and gizzards inside of one month trying to maintain that kind of b.s. I dont think even us fat azz Americans can eat enuff B.W.W.'s to keep that turd flying. We better franchise Buffalo Wild Wings like we do liquor stores and coffee outlets if this is gonna be the answer. Lord, I hope some intelect returns to this world soon or we are finished.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Yeah, I was horrified when I heard that malarky. Now there will exist many more gigantic cruel filthy factory farms than ever before. Thousands upon thousands of chickens, who are actually personable individualistic and smart birds, individually. Packed and crammed together, in tiny confines, getting abused and their beaks cut off so they wont peck each other within the holocaust-like madness. WHY don't they use the fat from certain inmates instead, those one specifically getting tax paid 3 squares a day, because their sexual 'orientation' is very young little kids. I guess the gov. needs those to select from, as they increase their amounts of pat down agents, because we are now less safe than more safe, since the OBL -apparent- hit.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

Yes a very good idea. But why stop there I would gladly let them lipo-suck twenty or so pounds of fat from my azz to contribute to a free ride out of this crazy country I live in. Hell if all of america chipped in we might solve the fuel crisis all together

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

This has been worked on for about 10-15 years. One company takes what is left from a chicken processing plant and converts what they can to a fuel. All of the renewable fuel schemes together can meet only a small part of the demand. Certain producers will be able to met their own needs but most will still require an outside source.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
then kill the chickens!!!

new topics

top topics

join