It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown submarine sighted in Sweden

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Edews

Oh noes... It's our super secret swede slayer sub we've been working on. Now we're busted.
On topic I'd love to see the original image. Maybe get some detail out of it. If it however shows clearly a sub the swedish military might want to keep it under wraps at least untill the investigation is over. We've had our share of possible subs here and both NATO and Russian air forces cross our borders regularly.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
when you enlarge the photo, you cannot detect water movement, wakes, or waves, coming off of either end of the object. something that size, and moving however slightly, would create some type of visible water disturbance. even enlarged to 400% i cannot see anything to suggest movement.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Edews

That ain't no conventional sub or even unconventional sub. It is too flat along its top. Think in terms of a new type of stealth ship as were the old civil war Moniter and the Merrimac that barely broke the water's surface, riding almost submerged. That short conning tower is probably retractable and only used when actual eyesight is needed such as when operating in narrow channels and where other ships and boats may be moving and a potential danger.

If it takes two months before the Swedish authorities have an answer, we can figure one of two things: After that length of time they figure the sighing will be forgotten for the most part. Or, two, their intelligence section consists of a forgetful, old spinster with a note pad and a old rotary dial phone doing the investigation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Whatever it is looks smallish (in relation to most known military submarine types) for the given distance. Typical nuke subs are about the length of a destroyer or somewhere about 1/3 the length of an aircraft carrier. They aren't small compared to the WWII stuff. Not to mention nuke subs often need a lot of cooling water and a shallow draft tends to interfere with that while submerged. So that rules them out.

It's likely a diesel model of some sort... The wake in the picture appears to be on the left, which would put the coning tower on the right. It does seem like it could be that new Swedish sub, provided you remove all the masts and leave it with a clean coning tower. The military doesn't always readily admit to things like sea trials, because then you'd get everybody nosing in on their business and doing that spying and intelligence gathering stuff.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Mr Hankie the Christmas poo.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
could have been these guys. they're slated to launch in june this year IIRC, so maybe they paid a visit to stockholm to take care of paperwork and what not.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Swedish Navy sub doing recon near Stockholm! Russia or anyone else would not be in the legal waters of Stockholm without generating or creating an international incident!

Russia has a launch point via the Berrants Sea to the Northwest Russia into the Norwegian Sea and through the North Sea would've triggered an alert in Norway, The UK, Denmark and Finland but since none is on a heightened alert tells me the sub belongs to Sweden as there is currently no heightened alert in Sweden.

Remember around 06/07 timeframe when a Russian and Venezualan subs were about 200 miles out of North Carolina's waters? This triggered an alert at The Pentagon which thank God led to nothing.
edit on 7-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Could it be a Whiskey? Yeah, I know it's an old sub, but...

Here's a photo I took last summer. Whiskey class Soviet submarine S-359.

Click for bigger

Remember Whiskey on the rocks?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Could it be a Whiskey? Yeah, I know it's an old sub, but...

Here's a photo I took last summer. Whiskey class Soviet submarine S-359.

Click for bigger

Remember Whiskey on the rocks?

Is that still active?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

This one is not. Whether there are others, I don't know.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Ah, i forgot about this thread.

It was no submarine apparently, it was either a sheet of ice with part of a pier attached or a sewage pipe that had floated to the surface.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

don't you think the part protruding, and the relation to what we see, might indicate it is a Borei Class submarine?

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join