It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda Confirms Osama Bin Laden's Death!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

But that’s a pretty big IF.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy
My thoughts are complicated and many.

The night I heard about it a load was lifted
and I went to my friends house and said
"Let's drink beer. Osama is dead."

Then I watched ATS descend into a rash of OBL threads
like some kind of yeast infection.

This headline reads to me like it's saying
"We don't believe our own president until the enemy confirms his statements."

But that doesn't bother me.
Not at all.
I think it's good medicine for our Government to find itself not getting a free pass on anything they say.

And even better I really dig what it's doing to the rest of the world.

From what I understand many people of the middle east are pointing to conspiracy web sites in America and saying, "see, the US did 9/11, it's all a conspiracy." This makes me lol. So which is it. Is suicide bombing a brilliant difficult to fight technique developed by eastern terrorists, or is it all an American plot. I can see the recruitment posters now. "Join the Mujahadeen, and die for America's political advantage."

It warms me to think that our open society,
with it's volitile free opinions,
are inducing schizophrenia in the closed repressive cultures of the world.

David Grouchy

Your thoughts are not complicated at all, very typical, and simplistic.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Not sure if this has been brought up before or not, but "jihadi" websites could be set up by anybody, including allied intelligence services, to put out any information that might be required at any time.

Personally, I am waiting for some message from Ayman al-Zawahiri (the brains behind bin Laden's bank account) on the subject of bin Laden's "death". If Zawahiri says bin-Laden is dead and talks about the circumstances of his death, I would be inclined to give his story careful attention.

There is another thread on ATS discussing an interview that Alex Jones had with a top government resource person and former official of the State Department, who asserts that bin Laden died in 2001.

www.infowars.com...

Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under three different Presidents and still works with the Defense Department, shockingly told The Alex Jones Show yesterday that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001 and that he was prepared to testify in front of a grand jury how a top general told him directly that 9/11 was a false flag inside job.

Basically, Pieczenik states that bin Laden's body has been on ice (refridgerated) since 2001. Several people of importance, including Madeleine Albright and Benazir Bhutto and General Tommy Franks and others, have let slip in one context or other (Bhutto in a TV interview) that bin Laden was dead.

Bhutto said he was murdered and someone of the others said he was killed in a Special Forces raid, while Pieczenik says that whatever these other stories might be, since bin Laden was suffering from kidney failure and Marfan's Syndrome, a degenerative disease of connective tissue caused by a genetic abnormality, for which there is no cure, he Pieczenik, a medical doctor himself, is certain that bin Laden is dead.

We are still getting no specifics on this "death" from years ago. It's a rumour. It's being spread by insiders from a high level. Is it true? Was it propaganda at the time? Were they lying then for political reasons? Are they telling the truth now?

Why is this moment of triumph blowing up in Obama's face? Why was a guy with a questionable personal history right down to his place of birth allowed to become President? Why is confidence in the political process at such a low ebb? How did it get that way?

I recommend that people listen carefully to the Pieczenik interview with Alex Jones. Litsten very, very carefully to everything the man says. Go further. Listen to what he doesn't say. Go further still. Listen between the sentences as you would read between the lines and ask yourself this question:

Is a military coup being planned in the United States?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/612863c88213.jpg[/atsimg]

Is it just me or doesn't anyone else find this type of nationalism and patriotism to be well, rather primitive..

Seems the things that appeal most to the American base, is that which appeals to the base of the brain stem. Makes for very effective politics I guess...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Breaking News 1:34pm UK, Friday May 06, 2011 Al Qaeda Confirms Osama Bin Laden's Death

I have been wondering when this would happen, its just breaking now but apparently Al’Qa’ida have confirmed that Osama Bin Laden is dead. I will post more as more information becomes available.

Your thoughts?

edit on 6-5-2011 by kevinunknown because: (no reason given)

Bin Laden is not dead, as far as I know...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Your last sentence my friend is the exact same thought that I had when listening to his last interview with Paul Joseph Watson. He was making threats and saying that we, the American people, wouldn't put up with another false flag operation - he said it would be the second American revolution. He also implied, I thought, that the Army would side with the people against the conspirators. Was he suggesting a coup by the military? Maybe.

edit on 6-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

"There might be a retaliation"-Obama

"Now let's throw that video on the news that shows the Americans celebrating Osama's death..that should make them angry"-Obama lol

Be prepared people,sounds like your own government is preparing to attack..I mean the "terrorist"..sorry I get mixed up some times I mean,soldiers kill..terrorists kill...what's the difference?

edit on 6-5-2011 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I am also waiting for a statement from Al-Zawahiri would be interesting to hear what he has to say. I don’t really have much time for what Doctor Steve has had to say, I have discussed this way too much on ATS recently and don’t want to get into it again. I think we are giving him way to much attention, I have also posted on this thread about how I don’t believe OBL needed kidney dialysis.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DarylHamblett

Why, what makes you believe that?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword.

Any questions?

David Grouchy

Wasn't he unarmed?

He had no sword?!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

reply to post by IamAbeliever

Some people on ATS only believe what they want to believe or news sources that back up their beliefs

Yeah, as you're so very fond of pointing out, seemingly every chance you get Kevin...you know, you want to get some new material, the old psychological mumbo jumbo is getting very old and tired matey.

...quick...say it again...there might be a new member or two that is yet to be intimidated to keep their mouths shut, just in case they are thought of as one of the hypocritical 'some people'!

It's really quite transparent.

'Some people'..in reality are *most people*, if they have an ounce of common sense and they're not trying to insert their tongues into their governments rectum as far as humanly possible...that is.

You see Kevin, whether or not you tend to believe it or not...people lie...and they lie *a lot*.

Politicians lie a lot too, more than average and repeatedly so, if it serves them to...as shocking as it sounds.

News/media agencies lie a lot as well, if you can get your head around that astonishing piece of truth...you'll soon realise that picking out elements of truth in a tissue of lies is par for the course, with today's media.

If you seriously don't realise this, you're on the wrong forum mate.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

With Pieczenik we are in Robert Bayer territory.

I believe that people, like Bayer, who are ex-CIA, are so in the same way that some pizanos are ex-mafia, you know, like never.

Pieczenik doesn't so much transmit information when talking as, make chess moves.

edit on 6-5-2011 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I am also waiting for a statement from Al-Zawahiri would be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Maybe he will ask the pentagon why he wasn't invited to the pentagon after 9/11 like his buddy al-Awlaki was.

www.cbsnews.com...

Anwar al-Awlaki - the radical spiritual leader linked to several 9/11 attackers, the Fort Hood shooting, and the attempted Christmas Day bombing of an airliner - was a guest at the Pentagon in the months after 9/11, a Pentagon official confirmed to CBS News. Awlaki was invited as "...part of an informal outreach program" in which officials sought contact "...with leading members of the Muslim community," the official said. At that time, Awlaki was widely viewed as a "moderate" imam at a mosque in Northern Virginia.

Northern Virginia ... hmmm ... not far from Langley, Virginia I suppose. Maybe they were recruiting operatives?
edit on 6-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Absolutely its called Cognitive Dissonance a well known psycological effect where evidence is denied in order to ensure the core belief is not questioned.

reply to post by malcr

Interesting post I would like to find out more about that Cognitive Dissonance

If you visit your local psychiatric I'm sure s/he can give you more information on your condition. You seem to be denying everything so that the official story can remain true.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Oh look, another personal attack that has nothing to do with the topic at hand but everything to do with me.

I think the comment you quoted me on is fair, if you don’t like it fair enough but I stand by it most people on ATS only belief the sources that enforce their paranoid beliefs. If you want to continue with personal remarks against me or my posting style please pm me about it because it has nothing to do with this thread.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

In your opening post you asked what our thoughts were. I posted a reply to you and you seem to have skipped over it without giving it a second glance. So let me ask you to share your thoughts on my previous post if it is not too much trouble.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by DarylHamblett

Why, what makes you believe that?

I am Bin Laden, dude

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

reply to post by michaelmcclen

I had a debate with some else about the CIA and Al’Qa’ida working together in Libya. All I will say is that I don’t believe it however it is not the purpose of this thread to discuss this issue but if you have a thread on it please direct me to it and I will happily explain why I am sceptical about that story. This thread is about the death of OBL and I would like to keep it that way

What...you want to start a thread and then move the goalposts when the replies don't suit you?

YOU brought up Al'qa'ida, which isn't a living breathing 'outfit'..it is and only *ever was* the name assigned to a database of ex Mujahideen fighters, and groups that were active fighting the Soviets, while liaising with and being trained and supplied by the CIA and others during the 80's/90's.

'Al'Qa'ida would have a hard time *saying anything* since it's not nor ever was a living entity, or even the name of a group...databases can't talk and dial up the UK to have a chat about anything!

You can't prevent people putting their views across man...as long as it's germane to the tenor of the thread...it's in.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So here we have one disreputable and murderous media creation, Al Qaeda, confirming the death of another wretched media creation, Bin Laden.

Thank you very much Mr. Al Qaeda for your 2 cents, however, due to obvious credibility issues, it appears your contribution is worth a lot less.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

A number of things strike me about the story of Anwar Al-Alwarki being invited to the pentagon. First of all the timing 2001, at that time as far as I know he wasn’t considered to be a terrorist he was just a radical preacher at a mosque by the US government. Then I also think that there is nothing wrong with trying to have dialogue with radicals form the Islamic community and even with Islamic terrorists.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join