It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Debate Answers Full HQ Video 06/05/2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

I am going to make one for Gary Johnson too, he sounds kind of reasonable, but for right now, I would rather put my money behind Ron Paul here, along with the thousands of people who donated to his Debate-Day-Moneybomb, making him reach $1,000,000 in 24hrs the day of this debate.
hey liberals, if you live in an open primary state, you'd better go vote for him, who else is gonna bring up the illegal wars, patriot act, rendition, torture, Gitmo, assassinations, FISA, bailouts, DEA, CIA, NSA, IRS, homeland security, military tribunals, etc. etc....

All Ron Paul 2012 Presidential debate answers:

“What a day! The debate was a big success and I am off to a TEA Party rally here in Greenville. Please consider helping push the Money Bomb over $1 million Dollars for the day. Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee www.ronpaul2012.com America is the greatest nation in human history. “ — Ron Paul

Here the full Presidential debate vid:

Ron Paul 2012

edit on 6-5-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ron Paul won the debate, no doubts about it. Its not a surprise to me that Fox will go out of its way to down play Ron Paul’s success or how popular he is specially among young people. Times have changed, this time for real. More people know about his message of liberty, foreign policy, and ending the FED, etc. He is a true statesman, a very honorable man. He got my vote.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
so sad

not 1 mention by Paul of his
plan to destroy Social Security
and Medicare which would be
a death sentence to over 1 Million
Senior Citizens.

I wonder if this topic was left out
intentionally ???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

You mean his plan to lighten the load on social security and medicare/medicaid by allowing opt-outs and creating a system where we can fully fund them as required by ending all of the empire and foreign wars? His plan actually saves social security and medicare/medicaid if anything. Better to gradually ease people out of the system over time then wake up one day to see all of your SS checks are worth jack squat and you have no health coverage to see a doctor.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

You mean his plan to lighten the load on social security and medicare/medicaid by allowing opt-outs and creating a system where we can fully fund them as required by ending all of the empire and foreign wars? His plan actually saves social security and medicare/medicaid if anything. Better to gradually ease people out of the system over time then wake up one day to see all of your SS checks are worth jack squat and you have no health coverage to see a doctor.

Applause

Thanks for your imput.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
so sad

Senior Citizens.

intentionally ???

I dont think fox news will lose this oportunity, if this was real. But Ron Paul deserves a chance in white house. Obama has had his chance and in my oppinion did worst. Why not give a chance to Ron?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Maybe the Boomers should be left to lie in the bed they made.

Oh wait, I committed the cardinal sin- holding those responsible for the state of this country to their actions. MY social security and government aid? MY job opportunity and security? MY ability to gain an education without mountains of debt? HAH, might as start wishing in one hand and...well nevermind.

They may write our checks, but we will write the history books.
edit on 6-5-2011 by TeddiRevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

so sad

Senior Citizens.

intentionally ???

Whats sad is that there are still those of you out there that still believe that lie.
It's not true, opt out and phase out is his stance, not cut off or destroy.
So no senior citizen death sentences there.
He has said a million times to take care of those who have become dependent.
And allow the next generations to opt out.

It would have been a good question, I agree, That way those of you who believe that lie would know better.
Also paul is being asked questions, so it was not up to him to leave it out.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir
I think we have had this discussion before
on other ATS threads concerning Paul.
And I will re-iterate what I said then.

An opt out Social Security plan will not work.
It will go bankrupt faster than at present because
the rich will be the ones opting out leaving the poor
propping it up on one leg. Social Security only works
when ALL contribute and the gov doesn't raid the funds
to fix the budget problems.

The Seniors will be left with hungry bellies and
no medical care and no medicine. But you can
vote for him if u want to, that is your choice.

Some of Paul's ideas are wonderful but others
will tear this country apart. Seniors being one.

I have contributed 31 years to Social Security.
And for Paul to tell me that we're phasing it out
is an insult and slap in the face. I just lost 31
yrs worth of contributions just to be robbed by
Paul. No thanks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The government has no place in telling me I need to save money for retirement. If they don't steal the money from you in the first place, you won't be asking for it when you're 70. It's completely unnecessary. Saving for retirement should be a personal choice, not a forced one.

There is every benefit to personal savings, and everything wrong with government forced savings.

I find it interesting that you feel robbed by SS, but when it comes to the slave tax (income tax) you don't seem to have any qualms about that. Do you not feel like you've been robbed your whole life, you won't be getting that back either.

I'm not saying that people who contributed their whole lives be shafted. But the system needs to be ended, and people should be compensated based off of their level of contribution as much as possible.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by miconATSrender

His fiscally conservative views, plus his “stay out of board rooms and bedrooms” attitude is rock on.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Misoir

The Seniors will be left with hungry bellies and
no medical care and no medicine. But you can
vote for him if u want to, that is your choice.

Some of Paul's ideas are wonderful but others
will tear this country apart. Seniors being one.

I have contributed 31 years to Social Security.
And for Paul to tell me that we're phasing it out
is an insult and slap in the face. I just lost 31
yrs worth of contributions just to be robbed by
Paul. No thanks.

So you should be for him since you would still get what you were forced to put into SS.
It is the new generations that will opt out. The "opt out" is the "phase out". You will still get yours.
The slap needed is for us to wake and realize that he is not even close to saying anything like how you took it.

But if you are referring to the next generation not putting money in for you to have, that is what sucks, it was not a forced saving for us, it is a ponzi scheme. They have taken from me for 40 years. I am pissed also. But I planned for it not being there. I, in no way, even need it. So if I have the option to forfeit for those who did not plan for them selves I will, Just for you and others who fell for it.

Robbed is being forced to invest in the scam of SS in the first place. It's not Paul who robbed you it was the scam.
We are perfectly able to invest/save for our own retirement.

Its time to man up and be responsible for ourselves and our families. My parents took care of me growing up and I will help take care of them.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
I'm not saying that people who contributed their whole lives be shafted. But the system needs to be ended, and people should be compensated based off of their level of contribution as much as possible.

now that I would agree with.
yes, the system does need to be ended.
However, you cannot rob the people who have
already contributed to it. It was not their choice
to contribute. It was the law.

If there was a 1 time lump sum cash payment
in a stable currency other than the US Dollar
to pay back every penny one has contributed,
then I might reconsider my vote for Paul.
But phasing it out completely with NO compensation
for everything contributed is nothing more
than robbery.

With the lump sum payment, one can
deposit in their own IRA and retire according
to their retirement plan.

But no compensation for SS contributions
means no vote for Paul. And I'm fairly darn sure
millions would agree with me as they do not want
to feel robbed either.

But the gov cannot do this. They are broke
and have a $14.6 Trillion deficit. Where will the
funds come from to pay back all those contributors???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by miconATSrender

Its time to man up and be responsible for ourselves and our families. My parents took care of me growing up and I will help take care of them.

Beautiful words and attitude.

The children of this generation are so selfish that they forget their own parents. They act like Homer Simpson and even find it funny.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
If elected, Ron would attempt to cut spending on the military and administration... Wouldn't there then be a lot more money left to spend on things like welfare?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NeuronDivide

I don't think we should be spending any more on welfare.

Welfare spending in this country is ridiculous because we measure it's success by how many are on it rather than how many are not.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I would understand your frustrations as well. However if I understood his plans for Social Security correct those under 30 would be moved out of Social Security, those between 30-55 would have the choices of opting our or staying in, while 55+ would remain within the system. All funds will be guaranteed even if through re-appropriation of funds from the War budget. You will not be thrown out. The system for those over 55 will remain except you will be 100% guaranteed your funds you have paid in. Those between 30-55 will have the option of taking their investments out or keeping them in and getting back only what they put in.

This guarantees that those who have paid their whole life into this current ponzi scheme will be entitled to a system that is balanced and safe.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeuronDivide
If elected, Ron would attempt to cut spending on the military and administration... Wouldn't there then be a lot more money left to spend on things like welfare?

Create jobs would be very nice.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
A National ID Card? Outrageous!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A lot of people are talking about how they were impressed with Cain. Cain is an ex-chairman at the Kansas Federal Reserve. The last thing we need in Washington is another banker, much less from the Fed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join