It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people think masons are evil?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

ksig, I dont think its worth arguing with someone who wants to get banned...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz
People who keep secrets usually have something to hide, and people who have something to hide cannot be trusted IMO.

Everyone keeps secrets to some degree, does that make all people untrustworthy? I try not to have that cynical of an opinion of others.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Well, then my last question to you would be why? Why do you keep secrets?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Yeah, everyone keeps secrets, but these secrets are usually just trivial happenings in ones life that arent really worth keeping secret anyway.

Why would a whole society of people keep a secret? And what kind of secret would be so valuable as to keep it secret for so long? What are you afraid of?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
My father in law was a high mason, he was the most gentle, honest, hard working, respected man I knew.

How anyone can say they are wicked is beyond me. He ONLY ever did good in his life. He was not rich, he was not flash, he worked up until retirement at 65 with dignity and grace.

some people in here have to get out more and see for their own eyes, other than believe the media driven claptrap about masons......

peace

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sorry i did not read thrue the hole thread, but here is what i always toth to my self...

Some people in my family are masons, they are nice people.

But for my self i stand alone. and would help any one in need regardless of brotherhood...

To keep with the op, my guess is they are weeded out...
There is a white mason, and black mason.

all new members belong to the white side of masonry, after a period of time the members who believe in good,
god,charity, good will, equality, love for thy brotherhood of men. So on... They stay in the white side.

But those who are judged to be evil..... And so on... They are the ones who will leave the white side and pledge for the real masonry, the ones who we know to be evil.

So if we look...
we do not see...
and we do not hear...
so we can not speak...

(They are playing chess, when we should be playing checkers... (eminem
))

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
To say masons are good or evil is subjective. The fact is that they keep secrets and they wont tell us why.I personally just cant trust something or someone that i do not know. Its just a basic social rule of thumb.

edit on 9-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

To say masons are good or evil is subjective. The fact is that they keep secrets and they wont tell us why.I personally just cant trust something or someone that i do not know. Its just a basic social rule of thumb.

edit on 9-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: (no reason given)

They do not keep secrets, they simply do not throw a pearl to the swine.
You are to find the answers for your self, being told and learning some thing is not the same.
They will open the doors if you knock...
if you like that kind of thing...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Yeah, everyone keeps secrets, but these secrets are usually just trivial happenings in ones life that arent really worth keeping secret anyway.
Same with the secrets in Freemasonry.

Why would a whole society of people keep a secret? And what kind of secret would be so valuable as to keep it secret for so long? What are you afraid of?
It's not fear. It's honor. You want our secret handshakes and passwords? They're in just about every bookstore, and freely available on the web. But I'm not going to tell you what they are because I made a promise not to. It's not that they're important, it's that by staying true to my word, I remember to try to be an honorable man.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Honor is not relative. To be honorable is to be honorable. Hiding petty secrets for no good reason is not honorable in any sense.

If you do have a good reason for keeping the meaning for these things secret, then it is most likely a sinister one.

When people keep secrets it is always out of fear, fear of others knowing what you dont want them to know.
edit on 9-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: added a few things

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

So if a friend tells me privately that he lost his job, and he's embarrassed and doesn't want everyone to know, you think I should blab it to everyone else he knows? Or should I do the honorable thing and keep the secret he entrusted me with?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Honor is not relative. To be honorable is to be honorable. Hiding petty secrets for no good reason is not honorable in any sense.

If you do have a good reason for keeping the meaning for these things secret, then it is most likely a sinister one.

When people keep secrets it is always out of fear, fear of others knowing what you dont want them to know.
edit on 9-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: added a few things

Using that same logic and since you are an honorable person with nothing to hide, please give me your Social Security number, your home address, your full name, date of birth, home and work telephone numbers, bank account numbers and Pin #.

Thank you in advance.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

But we've given you a pretty good reason for it.

What's wrong with "we show we can be faithful over a few things so our brothers know they can have confidence in us"? What's so sinister about that?

Or for the reason we've given you, again and again. There's always the possibility that we're not liars, you know.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkkkay
Sorry i did not read thrue the hole thread, but here is what i always toth to my self...

Some people in my family are masons, they are nice people.

But for my self i stand alone. and would help any one in need regardless of brotherhood...

To keep with the op, my guess is they are weeded out...
There is a white mason, and black mason.

all new members belong to the white side of masonry, after a period of time the members who believe in good,
god,charity, good will, equality, love for thy brotherhood of men. So on... They stay in the white side.

But those who are judged to be evil..... And so on... They are the ones who will leave the white side and pledge for the real masonry, the ones who we know to be evil.

So if we look...
we do not see...
and we do not hear...
so we can not speak...

(They are playing chess, when we should be playing checkers... (eminem
))

I am curious, do these "black" masons go to different lodges, or do they continue to go to the same events they always have? Where do they meet? What do they discuss? What is the benefit to "go dark"? Not that I want to be a bad mason, I am just curious.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
[/yvid]

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by mkkkay

I am curious, do these "black" masons go to different lodges, or do they continue to go to the same events they always have? Where do they meet? What do they discuss? What is the benefit to "go dark"? Not that I want to be a bad mason, I am just curious.

It's still only my thoth on the subject..
it's like in star wars the dark side always recruits from the white side, white side never get to rule the world....
Only the dark side gets to get any kind of control, so no, they go to diffrent event from the time they become black, new book, new rules, secret from the public aknowledge white side.

Me thinks it's about the rush for power, am i to believe that the dark side would let the white side rule the world

the white side are given the real thing, and the dark side are very few and select members that can not participate
in the real masonry. they are a subdivision created from the previous.

all knowledge bein perverted for their pleasure, they are the one who meet at bohemian grove.

edit on 10-5-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

did you know that there is someone on this very site who has been to the grove? I have talked with him. From what I have heard, it's a mens only retreat that is kind of a bonding experience where plays are acted out and different activities happen. Of course it would make sense that world leaders who went there might discuss private events that might shape the world. It didn't seem that there was anything verifiably evil about it. Except the fact that outsiders aren't welcome.

As to your claims of the dark side, I thought you had some sort of inside information by how you spoke about it. Sorry if I put you on the spot. Being a mason myself, I like to know all there is to know about me.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

No spot here only post

You brother ats member are a white mason

No disrespect intended
All for fun and fun for all

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
]reply to post by network dude

Of course it would make sense that world leaders who went there might discuss private events that might shape the world. It didn't seem that there was anything verifiably evil about it. Except the fact that outsiders aren't welcome.

What about the fact that the world is rife with corruption, poverty and war?
Is this government's fault, or the citizenry?

How much evidence does one need to see that "humanity" is not listed on Big Brother's calling card?
edit on 10-5-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: typo

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

the blame game. Always a futile effort. We as citizens must accept responsibility. We elected these people who make decisions for us. Sometimes I think we elect them so we will have someone to point the finger at if things DO go wrong. But the greed that has sustained most of the power brokers seems to be the best target, at least for me. The grove just seems to be another "since I don't know what happens there, it must be bad" kind of thing.

The Utopian society would be a great place to live. But for now, we will have to settle for here.

(how was that for some deep BS?)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

the blame game. Always a futile effort. We as citizens must accept responsibility. We elected these people who make decisions for us.

Which is why the citizens should be allowed to vote, en masse, for the bills that we choose.
The "representative" democracy game has failed to represent us.

Next you'll probably say the citizens are too ignorant/apathetic to run a country this way. I beg to differ - given a chance, the populace could become very politically savvy, provided that their votes actually counted for once.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join