It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people think masons are evil?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Hi guys
I was watching a video on youtube (see below) and it stated that 33 out of the 35 signatures on the declaration of independence were Masons names. So how can that be seen as an evil act when you have the right to bare arms?

I will probably get shot down for asking this question. But I thought it would be worth reading peoples replys.

Peace

Gareth

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gareth01422

Masons are fine and normal and dandy until you hit the upper levels. Not many secrets are passed around the lodge but once you reach the 33rd level [which takes years ] it is revealed to you that you are worshiping the god of darkness.

They are basically a front for much bigger things. I don't want to say a front for the illuminati because I believe the skull and bones society would bea better candiate for that title, but they are all intertwined.
They are heavily involved in everything [hollywood/media/music/video games]
Watch any TV show and within 20 minutes you will see a checker board floor. Checker board designs are used alot actually. That is because the floors of Masonic Temples are checkerboard. They believe the checkerboard design to represent the duality of all. [the darkness - the light]

The masons will lie and manipulate its new comers, and once you reach the higher levels of masonry you will realize it is, what we would call satanic worship and black magick.
They are evil. They do not have the average citizens best interest at heart.
They beleive in an elite ruling class [ which has actually been in place and secretly running the world for a long time now. ]
Evil.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

What "people" are you talking about?

This is a problem for any group that guards esoteric information. They are a "secret society" so that creates a vacuum of data about them that can be filled with any story, true or otherwise, that anyone decides to come up with.

I wouldn't worry that much about it, though. I think the Masons can take care of themselves!

You also have the "guilt by association" factor. One famous criminal politician who happens to be a Mason can ruin the reputation of the whole group!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iversusvsversusi

Oh and Im sure, like most things, they started out with a real purpose and a cause at heart. "To make good men better" is the current BS line they throw around. Im sure it started out that way, but over the years they feel to corruption and greed, much like our entire political system has.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just look at the way their numbers and influence expanded exponentially right after the illuminati was founded.

The world had previously been managed by the Vatican as the largest most influntial, powerfull and wealthy body on the planet - the Jesuits had gradually taken control - when the monarchies forced the Pope to disband the Jesuits due to their incessant mischief making - they simply decided that new control methods were needed in the 'age of reason' - they simply took over and infiltrated the then nascent masons as a 'network of influence' - a relatively harmless semi-secret society that could be used as a cloak for their activities.

With anyone who is anyone belonging to the masons in every town in the Western (protestant) world - ready to do favours, requests etc from fellow masons without asking questions - just how much additional power and influence do you suppose that gave them!? - the abilitytosteer societies in any direction they choose,to controlanyones carreer and fortunes, to plant ideas,publish books etc etc.

It is meaning less to say that most masons are just perfectly normal guys - yes! - of course they are, thats the whole point of the deception!

as it is TPTB have largely moved on from the masons into other vehicles of control.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
wow, you guys seem to have real strong feelings about the Masons!

Around 5 months ago I put a thought I had about the structure of the Masons to a friend of mine (who is a Mason and has asked me to join) and he actually wanted to carry on the convosation instead of the usual diversion he does when I start asking questions.

My thought was the structure is like 2 pyramids, one ontop of the other but the upper one to be inverted. with the point in the center being the 33 degree level. The bottom being the first 3 degrees. And above the 33 degree will be other level. But whaty I like about this shape of structure is that one side of the pyrmid is reversed after the 33 degree level. This sort of fits in with your theory elightenment about worshipping the devil at the 33 degree level. My friend did say that he was told there were a lot of levels above the 33 degree which half confirms what i am trying to explain.

What are your thoughts on this?

Gareth

p.s. As above so below - This statment could also be attached to my theory.

edit on 6-5-2011 by gareth01422 because: added p.s.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Yeah that would make perfect sense to me. Nice visual.

Yeah my friend showed me the online recruiting site the other day. Its pretty wild to know what I know about them, and then see how innocent they try to play it off as. Yeah apparently masonic brothers help each other out like nobodys business. [job positions - no tickets - lend specific skills free of charge] its all connections and its all corrupt.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi

Yeah that would make perfect sense to me. Nice visual.

Yeah my friend showed me the online recruiting site the other day. Its pretty wild to know what I know about them, and then see how innocent they try to play it off as. Yeah apparently masonic brothers help each other out like nobodys business. [job positions - no tickets - lend specific skills free of charge] its all connections and its all corrupt.

I am taking on what your saying but from what your statement it sounds like a golf club house without playing golf. hahaha.

If you know what I mean.

I used to play golf about 8 years ago and our golf club was just like what you explained.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

If your friend is indeed a Mason and indeed did ask you to join, he is wrong as no one should be asked to join, but rather they should join of their own free will, their own decision.

The structure of Freemasonry is more like a tree, the Blue Lodge being the trunk and the appendant/concordant bodies being the branches. The branches are still reliant upon the trunk as the appendant bodies do in fact rely upon the Grand Lodge for permission to operate within the jurisdiction. Too many folks see the Scottish Rite with their numbered degree system and see it as some superior system. This is a illogical and really stems from lack of knowledge.

Here is my structure of the fraternity. Note that the dashed lines indicate invitation only bodies.

reply to post by iversusvsversusi

Except the Scottish Rite doesn't represent the entire Fraternity. The Scottish Rite is not a superior branch in Freemasonry, it is but one of the branches as there are several.

Checkered floor is not an exclusive use of Freemasons. Even if it was, it's not an evil symbol.

And how is it that you think you know more than the actual members? I mean, by the use of logic, members would be better able to get their hands on information about the fraternity. Do you also think that we all just blindly entered the doors of the Lodge?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

He didnt actually ask me to join, he said " You would do well joining a Masons lodge". I was also asked to do some photography work for a dinner they were having with a fter dinner speaker (some football dude). I was asked to do this for 2 reasons 1. They needed some photos of people with the footballer and 2. So I could meet the worshipfull master in person. But sadly the dinner was cancelled for some reason which I can not remember.

I am at work at the minute but when I get home at dinner time I will study that image you posted.

[Mod Edit - replaced unnecessary quote with Reply To Tab]
edit on 13/5/2011 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Masons are just men. Like most of the people you know. Some of the people you know might one day decide to join masonry. When they do, do you think they grow horns, or suddenly get an urge to eat human flesh? I doubt it. The structure of masonry is really simple. The blue lodge where you get your 3rd degree is the heart of everything. Once you are a master mason, you can join if you chose, any or all of the apendant bodies. Each one costs a few hundred dollars to join and have yearly dues, in my area, around $100 a year each. The 33rd degree is the highest in "regular" masonry. It is an honorary degree and only given to men who give a lot of themselves to either masonry, the community, or both. They seem to be the same nice guys they were before they got to put on their white hat. None of them stopped going to church that I know of. None of them started giving thanks to Baal, Lucifer, or Satan before meals. I think it's safe to say that the poster who thinks himself more knowledgeable than men who are part of the craft, might be a bit over zealous.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

So wait a second, the growth on my head was not from my initiation ? Aw crap...!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Why do people think Masons are evil? (choose as many as you like):

• People believe Masons are keeping some sort of ancient hidden magick and/or technology from the masses.
  • People believe that Masons take oaths to cover each other's crimes.
  • People believe that there's a hierarchal structure controlling and uniting all of Masonry, and thus, somehow wielding power over all its members.
  • People believe that all of the "haves" in society, politics, etc, must be part of some group, to explain why the "have nots" aren't as well off.
  • People believe they are entitled to know what anyone is doing behind closed doors, and if they don't know, or aren't told, they assume that it must be evil, wrong, illegal, etc.

Of course, all of these points are entirely wrong, but those are the most common points an anti-Mason will try to use to justify their bigotry.

edit on 2011.5.6 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
Here is my structure of the fraternity. Note that the dashed lines indicate invitation only bodies.

Good chart. I'm only a member of 8 of the bodies listed, so far, but am considering going through Chapter & Council this year perhaps.

I'd say you could add the Jesters as an invitational body of the Shriners. And the Grotto should be added.

Of course, there are all the research societies, Philathes, etc., but that would just get jumbled.

(also, if you do make an edit to the graphic, KYCH could probably be labeled with its name... it's in the logo, and the description is important to explain in terms of structure, but it's hard to tell that it's KYCH...)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by iversusvsversusi

Yeah my friend showed me the online recruiting site the other day. Its pretty wild to know what I know about them, and then see how innocent they try to play it off as.

How do you know that what you think you know about us is true?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gareth01422
You'll see comparing to KSig's chart, the intersection of the two pyramids is the 3rd degree, not the 33° of the Scottish Rite.

Once one becomes a Master Mason, there are a dozen different groups he could join. Once a Scottish Rite Mason is awarded the 33° Honorary, there really aren't any new doors opened to him based on that status.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

So how can that be seen as an evil act when you have the right to bare arms?

Good = Thou Shalt Not Kill

Evil = Carrying a big gun cause some masons made you fear your neighbours

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
reply to post by network dude

So wait a second, the growth on my head was not from my initiation ? Aw crap...!

with one growth, you would be of the unicorn variety and indeed be a rare gem. With two horns, you are just another 33rd. Please keep up with the times.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

So how can that be seen as an evil act when you have the right to bare arms?

Good = Thou Shalt Not Kill

Evil = Carrying a big gun cause some masons made you fear your neighbours

Or, Have a nice big gun and when some bonehead knows you have it, he might think breaking into your house is a dumb thing to do, and go elsewhere. Much like why Japan didn't invade the US mainland in WW2. A gun behind every blade of grass. Quite effective.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join