It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBL, the big picture...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
So OBL was allegedly killed this week (which some people debate). I think this whole "was he/wasn't he" argument is the perfect distraction tool, keeping the free thinking minds on symantics rather than the crux of this whole situation.

The US goverment is hardly trying to diffuse this argument, infact I would go as far as saying they are encouraging this by purposely not rolling out "the pics". They know it would be contraversal and that's what they like to do, keep the flames of controversy hot.

Lets all be honest. Wether or not he was killed recently or a long time ago or even if he isn't dead at all, OBL has served his purpose, irregardless of any of the former arguments.

Lets break it down:
1. He was killed along time ago - why roll the body out now, at this time?
2. He was recently killed - there is no way they have only been monitoring his location for a few months, every intelligence agency the world over has been looking for him, someone, somewhere would have leaked this along time ago! So why now?
3. He isn't really dead - well he is now (officially anyway) so he's completely off the radar. Again why?

Outcome: He is nothing to worry/think about now. He's all spent, and all usefulness for him has gone. Happy days?

So given the aforementioned controversy, is it really likely that this was done for the votes? I don't think so.

Why? If it was done for the vote, it would have been "showcased" alot more.
How? Well the pictures and video would have been rolled out for sure, but there are many other ways the adminstration would have made it "hollywood" to get those votes (i'm sure anyone reding this could list a few ways in which they would have done this). I think this whole thing goes way beyond the whole democrat/republican tit for tat stuff. I have a sneaky suspicion this was a "big play" in an as yet undiscovered master plan.

So the big question then is why now? Why has OBL served his purpose? Has Al Quaida served it's purpose too?
What is coming around the corner shortly?

Once again, we have to be honest. We know in our heart of hearts all this middle east/western asia stuff is about OIL. Wether it be a strategically placed military zone projecting it's prescense on or around the oil producing countries, or the invasion of the rougue oil countries themselves, it all boils down to one thing- OIL. The only thing that is different in all the latest wars in the region, is the JUSTIFICATION for action. (And although I think the US is the major player in all this, I think every western european power is involved too. So I'm not US bashing. Britain might even be the protagonist in this all.)

So far we've had WMD's, terrorist harbouring regime's, Ex presidents refusing to cede power, mass rioting/revolutions, the mistreatment of civillians, civil war. I suppose you could even go as far as saying certain agencies making sure a "certain" country's southern half (oil producing) breaks away from it's northern (oil-less)
brother to form a new country.

So there we have it. All the justifications/strategems for complete control of the middle eastern/north african/western asian oil. All completely different tactics, on a completely different timescale, to try to make sure the big picture isn't clear. All of these oil producing countries are "covered" so to speak by the west's millitary projection, wether that be "friendly" countries nearby that allow wetern military bases/installations (like missle arrays) inside their borders, or attack fleets of naval ships close by.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but the big picture is needed to be seen. Back to the original question: If OBL has ceased to be useful as a justification in the "oil wars", is the mission now complete? Has the west secured the oil for themselves?

No.

There are still a few big countries out there, who persist in being "rougue" states. These ofcourse will have to be dealt with.

So going by the whole justification process I explained earlier, I will now open the floor for the great minds of ATS, to explain who are the remaining rogue states, and what justifcation is going to be used to "deal" with them?

edit on 6-5-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It's another balloon and pony show.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by moogins

It's another balloon and pony show.

Is that aimed at my post or the actions of the elite?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Very accurate assessment OP.

My views are simply this chapter is over. OBL was the face on terrorism and that face will be replaced soon enough. I liken him to a Jesse James or John Dillinger in American history/lore. There is still and will be organized crime (terrorism) and famous notorious figureheads. (Gotti) But we are obsessed with such (Sporanos, The Godfather) and we will continue to be both fascinated with those deviant organizations as such. Little difference in my book. Both spread fear and terror, one group worships greed, power and money and the other religious ideology.

We had lived under constant threat of terrorism anyway so in my mind vindicating the atrocities of 911 by taking out OBL and increasing threat of retaliation is worth it.

This was just a battle in an infinite war of "good" vs "evil" with both sides thinking they are on the side of good. A deadly paradox. My humble non partisan .02¢

Great thread that strives for objectivity. S&F
edit on 6-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
OBL: the gift that keeps on giving

Last night as I was watching the news about newly realized threats to our rail systems, realized of course through the information gathered at OBL's compound, it dawned on me: dead or not, a week ago or ten years ago, it doesn't really matter. The government now has the perfect method to growing government, tanking any industry it wants, and the ability to implement ANY security measures it sees fit....Constitution or no Constitution. How, you ask? Easy...

The government claims to have obtained a "wealth" of information from OBL's compound...all of which has been classified. Want more security and TSA agents...well, what do you know? We found a threat in OBL's computer and now have to more closely monitor the railways. Want to revive the airline industry? Maybe for guaranteed campaign contributions? No problem...what do you know....the government happened to find credible threats to cruise ships through OBL's papers. Not immediate enough? Tell people you found highly credible information for a possible attack on several cruise ships tp occur "sometime during the summer months?". Of course, the government will do all it can (read: hire a bunch more government security personnel) to make Americans as safe as possible, but people should be cautious when considering taking a cruise....

I'm sure you can see where I am going with this. A wealth of information, with only a few select individuals knowing the contents, yet we have to "trust" the government when they say new measures are necessary due to information deciphered from OBL's cache...

They have already increased security at train stations and subways stations in NY. Not a bad method to job creation either...unfortunately they will be government hires that we pick up the tab for...but no matter. As long as we're safer....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, but I wanted to add another thought I've had recently...

What if the whole OBL asassination was simply to judge the public's reaction?

Since the public doesn't appear to care that an unarmed man was blown away, that opens the door for more of these same type of executions. Quadaffi, anyone?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Well put.. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't even matter if bin laden is dead, died, or even is still alive. Like you said, the purpose has been served..
I actually decided to make a quick vid about it..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
All good replies so far, and all accurate. But nobody has addressed what's next in "the war on oil" yet...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
i gotta laugh at the realtime, constant editing of the OBL drama...

here in this article the 1 May drama is portraid as a film documentary in the making/editing stage....enjoy

www.marketoracle.co.uk...

...read Zebrignew Brizezinski (sp) for the roadmap of whats next for the central asia & ME oil/resources
'The grande chessboard' ? i think its titled...& this illuminiti has been the Øbama Advisor all along!
edit on 6-5-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here are some good maps for people to enjoy:

OIL:

OPEC Members & Major oil producing countries-

Peak Oil Flow-

Oil Production as it stands-

Oil Reserves-

Western Military Prescence:

US military bases worldwide-

US military bases South America-

US bases middle east-

Nato Members in europe, showing when they "joined"-

US naval strike forces-

US ships of importance-

Royal Navy (Great Britiain)-

The Franco-German sphere of influence-

There are plenty more maps I could post, but I think you'll get the general idea. So now look where the military prescence is (be it Army or Naval), and then go check if a major oil producer is nearby. Also, what % of the major oil producers have had some serious problems latley, or major diplomatic rifts with the US?

So the question remains-where next and under what justification?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Oh come on people, or are you not interested in real conspiracies?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Very accurate assessment OP.

My views are simply this chapter is over. OBL was the face on terrorism and that face will be replaced soon enough. I liken him to a Jesse James or John Dillinger in American history/lore. There is still and will be organized crime (terrorism) and famous notorious figureheads. (Gotti) But we are obsessed with such (Sporanos, The Godfather) and we will continue to be both fascinated with those deviant organizations as such. Little difference in my book. Both spread fear and terror, one group worships greed, power and money and the other religious ideology.

We had lived under constant threat of terrorism anyway so in my mind vindicating the atrocities of 911 by taking out OBL and increasing threat of retaliation is worth it.

This was just a battle in an infinite war of "good" vs "evil" with both sides thinking they are on the side of good. A deadly paradox. My humble non partisan .02¢

Great thread that strives for objectivity. S&F
edit on 6-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

damit just stated looking through your threads didnt figure Id be agreeing with ya but wth dead on and happy to give this thread a bump and another SnF

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Interesting thread however you are overlooking one thing. What was the significance of the timing of the announcement? There must have been something else going on at 11pm on Sunday night that TPTB felt was important enough to warrant this distraction. What was it?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by -mytym-

Animation Domination.....i dont think we have gotten to the part the government is trying to keep quiet. but it will come soon. obama wasnt too convincing on his late night lie though. he looked scared and like he was looking at someone while reading his prompter.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by -mytym-

Well that kind of question is exactly what this thread is for. Why then at that moment? Why had OBL served his purpose?

Remember-this is "the war for oil", the end justifies the means. OBL was just one of the justifications, for taking out and over a strategically important country in this war.

What is coming next? I'm not gonna hand the answer to you all on a plate. Look at the maps I posted, all information is there. Look at news stories for the middle east too, and you will find the answer.

St Udio has been closest so far. Forget terrorists and terrorist organisations.
edit on 7-5-2011 by AmatuerSkyWatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

join