It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male genitalia tops witchcraft list

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You have a very biased view of witchcraft.

I assure you that most wiccans (or witches) do not practice like this.

I'm sorry but witches have been around for thousands of years - wicca is like 50 years old. You can call it whatever you like but it is akin to the those 'born again' churches in christianity, when compared with actual witchcraft.

The OP talks about BODY PARTS, not whispering kind thoughts to the earth and lighting a sage stick.

lol My thoughts exactly.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
my best friend is a neo-pagan. its a new religion, trying to get value and mystisism from ancient pagans, although its more of a wannabe thing. they're white witches and decent people. in darker circles, black witches practice some pretty evil stuff. sure, there is power in such things, but at what cost? and who's power are you tapping? nothing i would ever want to mess with. even white witches tap into some dark things, though they don't seem dark or harmful on the surface.

africa takes this to a whole new level. there are horrid things there.

i knew a very smart man (multiple phd's in history and other subjects), he lived in indonesia for several years as a missionary with tribes of people who had never seen nor heard of white people (his only contact was a supply plane that came every few months). there were cannibals (he had to run for his life multiple times from people shooting arrows at him). but he also told me of some very disturbing things. some sought to become demon posessed for power. several posessed women would speak in a mans voice, a person's head rotating 360 degrees, creepy things. he saw it first hand.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

Yes, and I for one am not laughing at those stories. There are incredible things in our world. I would believe your friend.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Yes, but you said yourself we weren't talking about Westernized magick, I was just commenting on the fact that blood and bodily fluids are important in many other types of magic rituals.

Ugandan sacraficial, ritual killings and mutilations
Even in areas of the world where there is a strong authoritarian presence, people are having their genitals removed, their hearts removed in rituals and sacrifices

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
reply to post by AuranVector

Yes, but you said yourself we weren't talking about Westernized magick, I was just commenting on the fact that blood and bodily fluids are important in many other types of magic rituals.

Ugandan sacraficial, ritual killings and mutilations
Even in areas of the world where there is a strong authoritarian presence, people are having their genitals removed, their hearts removed in rituals and sacrifices

Where did I say I was not talking about Westernized magick? I said the OP had nothing to do with Wicca.
There are forms of Western Ceremonial Magick that do use blood & bodily fluids.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Sorry, my mistake, I meant to say OP stated in a reply to someone else he wasn't talking about western magick, and I do acknowledge that they are used in rituals here too.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

You are right. Have been acquainted with some female witches in Europe and usa and on the
contrary they help people out with their powers rather than do any harm.
But there may be exceptions to the rule imo.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

If only you had said something about that futurama episode where the aliens try to harvest fry's "lower horn".

---

So who was the first person who decided to put a phallus in a pot and grind it up and feed it to people, and what were they thinking?
edit on 6-5-2011 by RSF77 because: it was probably innappropriate

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I was born and lived in South Africa for most of my life. Outside my personal-friends circle, I could never admit that I was a pagan. The vast majority of South Africans associate paganism, witchcraft with "black magic", i.e. the use of human body-parts and other bad muti.

There are 2 groups of traditional healers, the iSangoma and the iNyanga.
The iSangoma heals people by using muti (traditional medicine) made from herbs, and uses bones, feathers, etc. to foretell the future.
The iNyanga heals people, amongst other things, and uses animal and human body parts in their muti. If human body parts are used in the medicine, it is considered to be more powerful. If the body part is removed from a person that is still alive when that body part is removed, that is considered to be extremely powerful. Criminals frequently makes use of the iNyanga, to get muti that will make them immune from arrests, immune from being killed by the police, etc, etc, etc.

Most of the white people in South Africa don't know the difference between these 2 groups, and classify them all under one. Most black people on the other hand, know the difference, but unfortunately, somehow the word "witch" has become associated with the iNyanga, that is feared and hated by most of the population. Most South Africans don't know the difference between a white witch, and a black witch.
edit on 6/5/2011 by Hellhound604 because: added meaning to the word muti

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I found this news shocking, and rather disgusting to say the truth.

Now i have met and spoken to a few traditional healers here in SA, but have never seen human bodyparts around their huts.

The thing is though, witchcraft is also still rather heavily practiced by some of the indiginous tribes, and i have a feeling most of these bodyparts is being used by these "witches".

It is sad however that in a civilized world that we live in today, something like this should still be happening.

VVV

www.iol.co.za
(visit the link for the full news article)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of the main customers are amongs the world's so-called civilised elites.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

That is actually a very interesting angle you brought up. Thanks.

I did not even consider this possibility.

VVV

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

i agree there is a difference, but don't both evoke the same powers? the use of runes and other objects to fortell the future taps into the same power black witches use. you don't have to believe in demons to get power from them. no offense. and i'm not sure if its different in africa from over here. neo-pagans don't believe in evil spirits. or evil/wrong at all. only positive and negative. (although i guess it depends on who you ask because most are extremely eclectic) if i'm misunderstanding, please explain to me.

more powerful if obtained from someone who is alive? ouch.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
People need to calm down... witchcraft is a very generic term, and you new ager wiccans or whatever else you care to call yourself don't own the word. If someone saying something about evil witchcraft that doesn't apply to you, then it doesn't apply to you and there is no need to say anything, in my opinion.

Anyway, pretty disgusting indeed. Amazing this kind of stuff still goes on in today's world. Anyone remember somewhere in Africa where they were kidnapping albino Africans and chopping them up and using them for similar purposes? I can't remember where it was, if anyone does was it in the same place as this? Sick sick sick....

I wonder where the people who talk about respecting native religions and practices are right now... personally I'm all for destroying someone's culture if that culture is hacking people up for magic tricks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I would say that you just ruined Africa for me V, but depending on who you marry here in the states you can get you nuts chopped off all the same.

This is disturbing and as an American, I feel the need to invade them now. Perhaps we can swing by the Kenyan lost and found and see if they have any old birth certificates laying around.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Isnt it fascinating that on one side of the same planet you have people walking on the moon and on the other side you have mutilation of body parts for voodoo and raping albinos to cure HIV?

There's a lost verse for What a Wonderful World in that somewhere.

Oh, and if civilization began there couldnt we be possibly looking at our advanced future rather than our uncivilized past?

edit on 6-5-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I would say that you just ruined Africa for me V, but depending on who you marry here in the states you can get you nuts chopped off all the same.

This is disturbing and as an American, I feel the need to invade them now. Perhaps we can swing by the Kenyan lost and found and see if they have any old birth certificates laying around.

You have to understand, this does not happen everywhere in Africa mate. And it is not something you would even notice or see if travelling in Africa. This is very hush hush type of dealings, much like drug dealing and drug smuggling really.

You will only learn about this if you go looking for it. It does happen yes, and for all we know it happens everywhere in the world. There might even be witches or cults in America that require body parts for their rituals etc.

VVV

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yea, I know it probably doesn't happen right out in the middle of the street and the like and I'm sure there is some moron somewhere here in America cutting off peoples junk. What a messed up world we have created, I really hate having to comprehend some of this, and be here on this same planet while it is happening.

If only I was rich enough to get a plot on the moon like Tom Cruise... well, the other side of the moon from where ever he lives... I'll settle for an asteroid maybe.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

there are a decent amount of satanic cults in america that do some very dark stuff. animal sacrafice, humans, even children. i'm not gonna go into it, its very disturbing. i saw a documentary on it. freedom of religion only goes so far.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Ignorance is bliss, huh.. but I thought we were supposed to DENY it here.
Sounds like VooDoo / HooDoo to me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

For the record, Witches: Wicca mean the same thing, it means WISE

You say witches in the western world but the Druids, Asatru and all other Pagan traditions are included, it's like saying Christian.

DENY ignorance people, read and learn before you speak.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by RSF77

there are a decent amount of satanic cults in america that do some very dark stuff. animal sacrafice, humans, even children. i'm not gonna go into it, its very disturbing. i saw a documentary on it. freedom of religion only goes so far.

According to the FBI, there has never been a documented case involving satanic human sacrifice by Wiccans, Witches, or any other group in America. I know many Wiccans, have been to Hinton, W.Va. and Burning Man festival, and to a few group gatherings of like minded people. Never say anything that could be called "Dark." In true Magick, there is no Dark or white, it just is. The black/white aspect comes from the operator alone. And to say "freedom of religion only goes so far" means your religion is OK, while mine should be banned? Not on my watch. Freedom of Religion means all Religions, not just Christianity.

The Myth of Satanic Ritual Abuse

1992 FBI Report --Satanic Ritual Abuse By Kenneth V. Lanning, Supervisory Special Agent Behavioral Science Unit National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join