It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Male genitalia tops witchcraft list

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

www.iol.co.za

The study also found South Africa had created a market for body parts trafficked from Mozambique.

The research showed that at least one mutilation occurred in both countries every two weeks during the 14 months of the study between 2008 and 2010.

Male and female genitalia, tongues, ears, heads and breasts were among the body parts that topped the list of those most sought after in the two countries.

According to the research project’s manager, Simon Fellows, the vast majority of mutilations, 89 percent, took place in Mozambique. However, 75 percent of the parts removed from a bod
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I found this news shocking, and rather disgusting to say the truth.

Now i have met and spoken to a few traditional healers here in SA, but have never seen human bodyparts around their huts.

The thing is though, witchcraft is also still rather heavily practiced by some of the indiginous tribes, and i have a feeling most of these bodyparts is being used by these "witches".

It is sad however that in a civilized world that we live in today, something like this should still be happening.

VVV

www.iol.co.za

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
In Papua New Guinea, tribes like the Biami were still cannibalising humans up to only one generation ago, and possibly still are. It's very possible that 'outlandish' practises are still in use in other parts of the world
edit on 6-5-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You have a very biased view of witchcraft.

I assure you that most wiccans (or witches) do not practice like this.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If this was in the Western world I am quite sure those body parts would be used for another type of healing, a sick sexual one.

Either way those who commit such disgusting crimes likes this should be brought to justice in a court of law and tried for their crimes. Surely there can be no sympathy towards those who mutilate others?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

The problem is, mainstream religions just toss all kinds of groups into the "satanist" or "witch" catagory together. Lumping in everything from canibals to pagans and painting them all with the same broad brush.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

In those parts of the world, what people would consider black magic/spirit magic or voodoo is still highly practised; where blood and bodily fluids at least are a very important ingredient.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

www.iol.co.za

The study also found South Africa had created a market for body parts trafficked from Mozambique.

The research showed that at least one mutilation occurred in both countries every two weeks during the 14 months of the study between 2008 and 2010.

Male and female genitalia, tongues, ears, heads and breasts were among the body parts that topped the list of those most sought after in the two countries.

According to the research project’s manager, Simon Fellows, the vast majority of mutilations, 89 percent, took place in Mozambique. However, 75 percent of the parts removed from a bod

Lotta good all that witchcraft has done South Africa...

It is rather unsettling, but it ain't happening here, so its all good. We have the good old fashioned Washington occult building mysticism.
edit on 6-5-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Interesting post...though I'm always bothered when the news simply labels someone a "witch". I just think it brings to mind a Western stereotype of what that word implies. There are certain people in the world that practice a type of ritual magic that is downright Evil....And I don't mean that in a God VS the Devil sense, I simply mean it as a fact....Using human body parts simply so you can cast a spell to get a promotion.....Thats evil in my book!

I simply think a distinction should be made between the small group of people who do this kind of thing, and those who don't. Its not as if all "witches" would even consider such a thing...In fact the majority of "witches" in Africa wouldn't. Africa for one is an incredibly rich culture with countless traditional Shamanic practices. I'm quite certain that only a small minority of these traditions condone such action.

Come on Newspeople...lets name the tradition(s) by name, instead of just lumping them all together as "witches"!!! ....Thats what being a reporter is all about!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

I am not judging witchcraft at all. Sorry if it seemed that way, i am shocked that human body parts is used in African witchcraft. Clearly this is not the same as "westernized" witchcraft.

But using human body parts, for anything is sick IMHO.

VVV

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

His post is not about wiccans at all. Wicca is far from the religion most associated with the words witch or witchcraft. Wicca has only been around since the early part of the 20th century! People didn't even really hear about it til the 1950's.

No he is talking about a very different witchcraft.
Likely the kind that values the hides of young albinos.

edit on 6-5-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

I'm sorry but witches have been around for thousands of years - wicca is like 50 years old. You can call it whatever you like but it is akin to the those 'born again' churches in christianity, when compared with actual witchcraft.

The OP talks about BODY PARTS, not whispering kind thoughts to the earth and lighting a sage stick.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
my best friend is a neo-pagan. its a new religion, trying to get value and mystisism from ancient pagans, although its more of a wannabe thing. they're white witches and decent people. in darker circles, black witches practice some pretty evil stuff. sure, there is power in such things, but at what cost? and who's power are you tapping? nothing i would ever want to mess with. even white witches tap into some dark things, though they don't seem dark or harmful on the surface.

africa takes this to a whole new level. there are horrid things there.

i knew a very smart man (multiple phd's in history and other subjects), he lived in indonesia for several years as a missionary with tribes of people who had never seen nor heard of white people (his only contact was a supply plane that came every few months). there were cannibals (he had to run for his life multiple times from people shooting arrows at him). but he also told me of some very disturbing things. some sought to become demon posessed for power. several posessed women would speak in a mans voice, a person's head rotating 360 degrees, creepy things. he saw it first hand.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

I found this news shocking, and rather disgusting to say the truth.

Now i have met and spoken to a few traditional healers here in SA, but have never seen human bodyparts around their huts.

The thing is though, witchcraft is also still rather heavily practiced by some of the indiginous tribes, and i have a feeling most of these bodyparts is being used by these "witches".

It is sad however that in a civilized world that we live in today, something like this should still be happening.

VVV

www.iol.co.za

I agree it's disgusting, but the use of human body parts really isn't that unusual. I believe the Tibetans have goblets made from human skulls. Some Aghoras in India use cannibalism in their rituals. Then there are sacred relics used in Christianity -- a bone fragment from a saint -- that kind of thing.

Even if your S.A. healers were using body parts, I doubt they would be on public display.
It's alarming that so much of this trade is bought up by South Africans. I would be willing to bet some of the "witches" or sorcerers are White.

This type of magic came to the New World with the Africans. Palo Mayombe from the Congo routinely uses human bones to make their prendas or nganga. It's been in the US for ages and has grown with the influx of Latinos, as part of Santeria.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
In Papua New Guinea, tribes like the Biami were still cannibalising humans up to only one generation ago, and possibly still are. It's very possible that 'outlandish' practises are still in use in other parts of the world
edit on 6-5-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

I've read somewhere that some of the tribes in New Guinea actually consider dead humans as "food." I mean they literally dig up their dead and eat them for sustenance.

Contrast that with "ritual" cannibalism, where only certain parts are eaten for magical or religious purposes.

Pretty disgusting in either case.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

You can bet the article is not referring to "Wiccans" -- lol.

Many practices around the world go under the name "Witchcraft" or sorcery. And I'm not talking about some benign pre-Christian nature religion revived in mid-20th century England.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Nat Geog
This was recently shown in the UK, the question of whether humans were killed for the purpose of eating came up and was denied by the Biami tribe at least, although they did kill and eat as revenge for someone from another tribe using black magic upon someone from their tribe

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
If this was in the Western world I am quite sure those body parts would be used for another type of healing, a sick sexual one.

Either way those who commit such disgusting crimes likes this should be brought to justice in a court of law and tried for their crimes. Surely there can be no sympathy towards those who mutilate others?

There's the crux of the matter -- committing mayhem on a living victim or murdering someone to get those prized parts -- is a crime and an abomination.

I've read that in traditional Palo, the body parts are taken from someone who has died naturally or a prisoner who was executed. A disgusting process in any case.

I wonder....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

In those parts of the world, what people would consider black magic/spirit magic or voodoo is still highly practised; where blood and bodily fluids at least are a very important ingredient.

Blood and bodily fluids are also important ingredients in certain kinds of Western Ceremonial Magick. Read Aleister Crowley.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow

It is rather unsettling, but it ain't happening here, so its all good. We have the good old fashioned Washington occult building mysticism.
edit on 6-5-2011 by SmokeandShadow because: (no reason given)

You are naive. It is happening here. Just not as widely.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join