It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three NASA scientists confirmed there was life on Mars.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Galactic Federation Of Bacteria..

doesn't have the same ring to it now, does it...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thundersmurf
reply to post by linliangtai

wow, nice find OP

I hope they can do the mars-earth comparison soon. Are there any photo's or further data available yet? I'm at work just now, but will save it for my sacred bedtime reading

Peace

Here is evidence for numerous animal cells/tissues found in meteorites, which should have originated from Mars:
wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by linliangtai
Here is evidence for numerous animal cells/tissues found in meteorites, which should have originated from Mars:

Gah, don't spread that around, we will end up having people believe meteors are like space cows or something...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

Well thanks for buttering my bum, but that is only my dog and shes quite silly most of time... or asleep.

I'm just a mere human like the rest of you feeling around trying to find some light of truth in a vast ocean of darkness that is our reality, problem is... Anglerfish!

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by linliangtai

Then why haven't the Mars rovers detected microbial organisms (or, have they)?

I think they detected methane possibly being produced from the soil, which could be life. Let me find a link to it in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

Methane has been detected on Mars by three independent groups of scientists. And this could be a sign of life - indicating methane-producing bacteria.

But scientists are advocating caution when interpreting the results, saying that the instruments looking for chemical signatures in the Martian atmosphere are not yet good enough to conclusively detect methane. Even if methane exists on Mars, the gas could be a product of non-biological processes such as active volcanoes.

new scientist.com

NASA says it could be emissions from space duct tape though, don't quote me and call me a NASA conditioned sheep though, I am just relaying information and you can take what you want from it.

To settle the question of the methane’s origin, the next Mars rover, called Mars Science Laboratory or Curiosity, will launch in late 2011 equipped with a suite of instruments capable of sniffing out one molecule of methane in a billion other molecules.

But some of the materials in the rover itself could also release methane and confuse the sensors. In a paper in press in the journal Icarus, microbiologist and veteran Mars simulator Andrew Schuerger of the University of Florida and colleagues show that the tape used to hold the rover’s joints together could release enough methane to be a problem.

wi red.com

Duct tape fixes everything! Even in space I guess.

The Mars Science Laboratory rover: Na sa.gov, Wikipedia

Scheduled to touch down on the Mars surface on August 6th, 2012. Cross your fingers and maybe some new evidence of life on Mars will be revealed shortly after that!

This thread at the top of this same forum is also talking about the methane on mars.
edit on 7-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
there still is....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Could it be that microbrial life found on Mars is the same microbrial life that started on Earth.

Just that the microbes that landed on earth via asteroids had the lucky break that was needed, and so life started, unfortunately life didnt get the lucky break it needed on Mars and so didnt develop into anything like we have here on Earth.

The meteorites could all be from one planet that for some reason or another exploded and sent meteorites into our Galaxy.

So its all come from elsewhere so to speak.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by multichild
Could it be that microbrial life found on Mars is the same microbrial life that started on Earth.

Just that the microbes that landed on earth via asteroids had the lucky break that was needed, and so life started, unfortunately life didnt get the lucky break it needed on Mars and so didnt develop into anything like we have here on Earth.

The meteorites could all be from one planet that for some reason or another exploded and sent meteorites into our Galaxy.

So its all come from elsewhere so to speak.

Mars produced the asteroid belt and meteorites :

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrixXxtaR
Has this kind of claim not been expressed before?

I've read somewhere on ATS that when they found these strings of Microbes that one explanation for them being there was that at some point a meteor hit earth with such force that it sent pieces of bacteria, along with rocks etc, into space which eventually ended up settling/crashing on Mars. They also mentioned that the bacteria could have found water under the surface of Mars and multiply. Then many years later a meteor hits Mars sending the bacteria to us.

I may be completely wrong as I’m not technical/science minded and lack the knowledge on the matter.

Either way, its incredible stuff and i suppose with enough examination could produce the ultimate answer of whether there is/has been life on Mars.

edit on 6/5/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Corrections.

There is but one huge hole in this theory. Consider how much energy would be need be put behind these 'rocks' to send them from earth to mars (into a higher orbit) rather than the other way around. Afterall, water does not flow uphill.

I don't think this reasoning requires an orbital mechanics degree. I'm sure it could happen, still... It just 'feels' to me that rocks coming to earth from mars, are much more likely than vice-versa.

I could be wrong.

EDIT: I just had an afterthought... OR would the energy required to put something into a higher orbit be the same amount of energy needed to place something into lower orbit? Afterall this would just be a direct result of delta V.

edit on 10-5-2011 by darius2025 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
This was an absolutley great read OP. I can't believe I actually read every page up until this point. Thank you & I will keep lurking.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Well anyone who puts their friend be it cat, dog, goldfish, "representation of a significant other" up as an avatar has a degree of self confidence and seems to me, a natural open-mindedness. My grandfather ("Moms" Dad) had stationary with a beautiful drawing of his mina-bird as a watermark. Sadly, I only knew him to 1966 when he died. That bird would swear a blue streak in three languages, plus Yiddish and since my Grandpa also let his feelings known, when someone showed up at my Aunts house where he lived his last years, if he, anyone in the house OR THE bird didn't like them, like people who "had no time" for animals, the bird would start out in perfect American English, then use a South German accent where he (Gramps, not the bird) was from with "you god damn son of a bitch, you'll rot in hell you m***** ******" etc, etc. Hey, my Grandfather was honest, and so was his "pets". That included over the years a few dogs, cats, birds, fish, a chicken, (I didn't ask...) and even a pet alligator, but he had to send "Scales" (sounds like a member of one of the 5 families...) to the Brookfield Zoo when he started looking at the cat, a little too close, like "Ted Bundy". I heard he lived for years and even recognized my Grandfather, and Mom for years after. The scientists at the time said such "animal empathy in so primitive a creature was impossible", ah ha...

So I like those who don't need to validate themselves with an avatar, not that its a "bad thing" mind you. Mine would mostly be a Sanskrit version of "!????!?" With my Cat looking on in disgust...

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join