It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three NASA scientists confirmed there was life on Mars.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
reply to post by TuXXXeR

The article says its very similar to terrestrial microbes, however some are strange enough that they can't identify anything similar on Earth.

reply to post by Beavers

Don't all the planets (and other solar bodies) slowly move inward towards the sun? Gravitation tends to attract things right.

I can't believe I haven't heard of this from Dr. Hoover, I eagerly wait for anymore news.

Also, this is science, so perhaps its in the wrong forum? Someone might come by and post about alien death rays or Chinese lanterns before long. Wow, a thread that actually crosses science and tech with a&u, imagine that.
edit on 6-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

By the way I sense in your avatar a strong sense of self, I like that... Anyway My comment for the moment is this. Yes their exists other non-terrestrial life forms. No, I don't really understand what they mean. Do I know we are not the only intelligence in the universe? With out question. Do I know what that means? No. I Hate being such an idiot but I am just doing the best I can. At the end of the day if I succeed or fail I guess depends on each of us. At the end of the day it is up to us. What does that mean?.

Christ, if I knew that answer by now I would be a very rich man. And I can assure you all I am not. Pity, I would so love to die rich...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Flag and star here. I think this is very important especially given the fact that these were legitimate, peer-reviewed scientific papers. Evidence like this should be putting debunkers to rest once and for all--if there was/is life on the planet that is CLOSEST to us in the Solar System, then there has to be life, and most likely intelligence life, many times over in many different parts of the Universe.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by linliangtai

Then why haven't the Mars rovers detected microbial organisms (or, have they)?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
NASA is such a funny organisation

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by zcflint05
Flag and star here. I think this is very important especially given the fact that these were legitimate, peer-reviewed scientific papers. Evidence like this should be putting debunkers to rest once and for all--if there was/is life on the planet that is CLOSEST to us in the Solar System, then there has to be life, and most likely intelligence life, many times over in many different parts of the Universe.

Not a debunker, I just don't know, but I have a lot of questions. Like, how do they know these meteorites came from Mars? Isn't it well established that our moon once crashed into the Earth, sending earthly debris hurtling through space; couldn't these meteorites have come from that event, having crashed back into the earth years later?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

as our sun burns off it's mass does it's gravity force weaken?

did mars' atmosphere die the further it got from the sun?

could venus become a terra style planet whilst earth becomes a mars?

clutching at logical straws maybe

The sun loses about 4 million tonnes per second, which is the mass equivalent of the energy it produces through thermonuclear reactions.

Another few million tonnes are lost in solar wind and other particle emissions.

However, even after 2 billion years, this loss constitutes only one 10-thousandth of the sun’s mass. So the change in the Earth’s distance from the sun will be of the same fractional order.

The situation will be more drastic when the sun eventually becomes a red giant, 6 billion years or so from now.

Then, the solar radius will be 100 times its present value. Some of the latest estimates suggest that in its giant stage the sun may well engulf Mercury, Venus and Earth, while planets more distant than Mars will survive and continue to orbit the sun when it later becomes a white dwarf.

sourc e

edit to add beavers question
edit on 7-5-2011 by benzjie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I am at a point that I doubt everything what the US government and any of its departments have to say to the public. That includes NASA....With that I also doubt every statement or report from individual scientists affiliated with those departments.

Too many lies and corruption brought me to this point and I have the strong feeling that the US government is invested with a group untouchable greedy idiots who are blinded by promises of personal gain if they play along with the real scary decision makers.

Ofcourse I want to believe there is life on Mars and it is probably teeming with life. But what can you take serious these days? We live in the Boy Cried Wolf Age.....you just do not know what is true or false.

Shame on the people who colloborate with those lies, we live in a time where technology can elliminate most of the problems we have on Earth and can give everybody a meaningful life without the worries for food or fresh drinking water.

But we all should know by now why this is not happening.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Yeah well, until if ever we get some geologists, and biologists up there we'll never really know...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

There may have been life on mars but there is nothing there now.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac

Yeah well, until if ever we get some geologists, and biologists up there we'll never really know...

The evidences are overwhelming, not only from the three NASA scientists mentioned above.
You can also see numerous Martian animal remains with this simple method:
wretchfossil.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

There may have been life on mars but there is nothing there now.

How do you know there is nothing there now?
Earthling humans have contaminated Mars, possibly with microbes since a long time ago. How do you know civilizations develop in a linear way instead of a circular way? Are you not too bold in presuming the present civilization is the only civilization ever establihsed?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The microscope onboard Mars rovers can magnify objects to 15X only. MSL, the new Mars rover to be launched this year, can magnify objects to 30X. You need 2,000X or 10, 000X microscopes to see microbes clearly.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by zcflint05

Not a debunker, I just don't know, but I have a lot of questions. Like, how do they know these meteorites came from Mars? Isn't it well established that our moon once crashed into the Earth, sending earthly debris hurtling through space; couldn't these meteorites have come from that event, having crashed back into the earth years later?

The third link in the original post explains why the CI meteorites originated from Mars.
No scientific documents proved our moon ever crashed into the Earth.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Well, we're really not that interested whether there WAS life on Mars millions of years ago. What we want to know is whether there IS life on Mars TODAY!

Perhaps there is....

edit on 7-5-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
S+F for this

My team and I have been covering this since the advent of the Viking landings. NASA always seems to discredit their own scientists when it comes to anything about life on another planet. To us, Mars is the petri dish we are watching, and a good laboratory on life.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I love it how when people do 5 seconds of reading on anything in space/science they go" oh thats surely evidence of intelligent design"

Why can't intelligent design which is a revised concept to make religion sound more scientific, just be accepted as mother nature? What is more intelligent than her? Nature is my religion

I hate to say it but I think if a "god" exists in any way, it would be just like a giant all knowing atom that controls the laws of nature or something like that.

I think it is close minded to think 1 single guy can run the universe. Not to mention 20,000+ people die every single day do to the lack of food and water.

If you ask me, were just sitting on this crazy spinning ball trying to stay alive, any belief after that does not matter to anybody. If you need to believe in god to survive, then believe in him, I don't need to believe in him to survive, so I don't. That simple

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
When venus was radar imaged in the 90's in high resolution, it was realized that all the craters on the surface were relatively young. One theory is since there seems to be an absence of plate tectonics, the planet gets rid of its internal heat by its crust melting completely periodically. I have wondered if its possible in the relatively recent past, venus collided with a large enough asteroid to completely melt the surface, possibly slowing its rotation in the process. If that may have happened, before the impact Venus may have been very Earth like, with oceans, possibly even complex life. If debris was blown off in the impact, and it almost certainly was, some microbial life might have made it to Earth and Mars. When you think about it, this may have been occuring for the whole history of the solar system, and we may find microbes on most of the planets and moons in our system having been tossed back and forth by impacts..

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

edit on 7-5-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

erm. Human microbial life? This is a fail statement. perhaps you meant Earthly microbial live.

Bare in mind life is very likely to start from similar origins. That does not mean there were bipedal martians with the intelligence of man. That just means they both started with the same dna and cells. From then on it's pure speculation where life can go.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

wow, nice find OP

I hope they can do the mars-earth comparison soon. Are there any photo's or further data available yet? I'm at work just now, but will save it for my sacred bedtime reading

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join