It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three NASA scientists confirmed there was life on Mars.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Three NASA scientists,Dr. David McKay, Dr. Richard Hoover, Dr. J.E. Brandenburg, respectively published peer-reviewed articles that confirmed there was life on Mars.

Dr. David McKay has published many articles on meteorite ALH84001.
He and his research team has never stepped back from their initial conclusion that there was past life on Mars: en.wikipedia.org...

Dr. Richard Hoover found alien microbes in meteorites Ivuna and Orgueil: www.foxnews.com...

Meteorites Ivuna and Orgueil belong to the CI group of meteorites. Two days ago, Dr. J.E. Brandenburg found the CI group of meteorites originated from Mars: journalofcosmology.com...

So, the alien microbes found by Dr. Hoover actually originated from Mars. Past Martian microbial life has been verified by these three NASA scientists.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Does anyone know how similar it is to Early Human microbial life yet..?? Or will that be covered up till we start colonizing..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
as our sun burns off it's mass does it's gravity force weaken?

did mars' atmosphere die the further it got from the sun?

could venus become a terra style planet whilst earth becomes a mars?

clutching at logical straws maybe

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I sincerely believe that life is supported on most planets, ether its microbiol or on a mammal or insecticidal scale. Just a thought...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

I was thinking the same thing. Probably Mars had life once and now doesn't have and we are next.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
A frendly advice to Nasa boffins: This is the right Time to show the truth about Mars life.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
How does a meteoroid comes from Mars to Earth? It just lifted up?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lunica
How does a meteoroid comes from Mars to Earth? It just lifted up?

When it gets ejected from the Martian surface and atmosphere through a violent event such as a meteorite crashing into Mars

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TuXXXeR

The article says its very similar to terrestrial microbes, however some are strange enough that they can't identify anything similar on Earth.

reply to post by Beavers

Don't all the planets (and other solar bodies) slowly move inward towards the sun? Gravitation tends to attract things right.

I can't believe I haven't heard of this from Dr. Hoover, I eagerly wait for anymore news.

Also, this is science, so perhaps its in the wrong forum? Someone might come by and post about alien death rays or Chinese lanterns before long. Wow, a thread that actually crosses science and tech with a&u, imagine that.
edit on 6-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Edit, deleted

edit on 6/5/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

We dont get closer to the sun due to an effect that I am unsure of the name, or if it even has a name. The effect happens as follows:
We spin on our axis while revolving around the sun.

Simultaneously, our entire solar system is hurtling through space.

Our Earth doesn't make a full circle orbit around the sun, as the sun moves forward, so does our orbit, meaning we never come back into any of the same space we have previously been in.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by linliangtai

There was or there is?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Ah, I was wrong, for some reason I was thinking everything was gradually gravitating toward the sun. What I had in mind is called orbital decay and only applies to bodies with a big enough atmosphere to slow down orbiting objects, like around Earth.
edit on 6-5-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

"Simultaneously, our entire solar system is hurtling through space."
Just curious why Earth did not collide with or come close to other heavenly bodies except meteos?
Is that not a sign of intelligent design?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by linliangtai

Because space is... well... spacey.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

There was Martian life, according to these three scientists.
There possibly is microbial life on Mars, but I am not sure if such life originated on Mars.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by linliangtai
Three NASA scientists,Dr. David McKay, Dr. Richard Hoover, Dr. J.E. Brandenburg, respectively published peer-reviewed articles that confirmed there was life on Mars.

Dr. David McKay has published many articles on meteorite ALH84001.
He and his research team has never stepped back from their initial conclusion that there was past life on Mars: en.wikipedia.org...

Dr. Richard Hoover found alien microbes in meteorites Ivuna and Orgueil: www.foxnews.com...

Meteorites Ivuna and Orgueil belong to the CI group of meteorites. Two days ago, Dr. J.E. Brandenburg found the CI group of meteorites originated from Mars: journalofcosmology.com...

So, the alien microbes found by Dr. Hoover actually originated from Mars. Past Martian microbial life has been verified by these three NASA scientists.

Finally something reasonable to discuss. I had missed Dr. Hoover's findings, and they are quite interesting, though none of what you mentioned above has been deemed conclusive within the scientific community. It's been going back and forth for 15 years or so. I remember when the news broke about the apparent evidence of ancient microbial life in meteorite ALH84001... it was pretty cool. Not world-shattering in my view, as it seems only reasonable to me that a planet with an atmosphere, water, and a relatively mild climate [as opposed to say Venus or Titan] would have supported life at some time in the past, or even present. I find it equally reasonable that some of the hardier microbes could have hitched a ride on a chunk of ejected martian material and seeded the earth.
edit on 6-5-2011 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Has this kind of claim not been expressed before?

I've read somewhere on ATS that when they found these strings of Microbes that one explanation for them being there was that at some point a meteor hit earth with such force that it sent pieces of bacteria, along with rocks etc, into space which eventually ended up settling/crashing on Mars. They also mentioned that the bacteria could have found water under the surface of Mars and multiply. Then many years later a meteor hits Mars sending the bacteria to us.

I may be completely wrong as I’m not technical/science minded and lack the knowledge on the matter.

Either way, its incredible stuff and i suppose with enough examination could produce the ultimate answer of whether there is/has been life on Mars.

edit on 6/5/11 by TrixXxtaR because: Corrections.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by linliangtai
reply to post by Vortiki

"Simultaneously, our entire solar system is hurtling through space."
Just curious why Earth did not collide with or come close to other heavenly bodies except meteos?
Is that not a sign of intelligent design?

The most intelligent design. yes.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
life on Mars -

enterprisemission.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join