It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Vatican Warns Modern Feminism Dangerous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Welcome to the era of modern feminism. Or not. The Vatican has issued a warning against modern feminism and linking it to the destruction of the family and family values. Even more in saying that modern feminism is creating a climate where gay marriages are seen as acceptable. Though they endorse equal rights for women in the workplace, they demand that the differences between the sexes be recognized...

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Modern feminism's fight for power and gender equality is undermining the traditional concept of family and creating a climate where gay marriages are seen as acceptable, the Vatican said Saturday.

In a 37-page document "On the Collaboration of Men and Women in the Church and in the World," the Vatican said women should be respected and have equal rights in the workplace, but differences between the sexes must be recognized and exalted.

"Recent years have seen new approaches to women's issues" including a tendency "to emphasize strongly conditions of subordination in order to give rise to antagonism," it said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well ladies, its all your fault. You demand equal rights and fairness in a world you see as dominated by us men, Now we have documentation that shows that you have caused all that is wrong with this world... Or maybe not.

Really does it matter what the Vatican says?

Last time I checked there were not to many women inside the Vatican. Maybe this could be the reason.

Related Link:

USATODAY.com

[edit on 31-7-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This coming from the same institution which covered up years of sexual abuse of the faithful and denigrated (sp), the religion that millions world-wide hold dear.

I say, Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Hey!!!!!!!!!!!lets gather the women in the world and start burning them for being witches, after all the catholic church has a history of punishing women through history, may be this time instead of burning us they should gas us.

It is unbelievable that women are still blame by the church with the original sin myth of the bible how convenient for men to keep women as the guilty one for their mistakes.

Women are the goddesses of the earth and the givers of life and men have never been able to get over that after so many centuries.

Nothing personal guys is just the church I am talking about.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Are they going to excommunicate women?
Maybe it's time for another Inquisition, pass the comfy chair and pillows!

The Vatican are sooo... Medieval

[edit on 31-7-2004 by shanti23]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hello... Having read "The DaVinci Code" it does not surprise me one bit that the pope would issue such a statement.... It makes it all fall into place..I have NO respect for the papacy even though I have been brought up as a Roman Catholic..It is an evil organization without a doubt and the pope is a fraud.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The Pope is sick in the mind and in need of desperate clinical help, I kid you not. How much more of this do we have to go through ?

Deep

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I really liked this part:

"Recent years have seen new approaches to women's issues" including a tendency "to emphasize strongly conditions of subordination in order to give rise to antagonism," it said.

In plain english - women shouldn't complain when they are being treated unfairly as it only draws attention to that treatment.

The Vatican keeps making statements like this and their already dwindling numbers will continue to increase.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I'd like to hear the Vatican's reaction to this!

news.bbc.co.uk...

In a packed and giggling court-room, both the priest and the nun pleaded guilty to the charge of indecent behaviour in a public place and disorderly conduct.

The nun tearfully told the magistrate she regretted her brief lapse in judgement, while the priest said that as a man of God he accepted Satan had tempted him.

Any organization that seeks to subjugate humans and their natural behaviors should be done away with in my opinion!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
As a practicing Catholic, I've about had it with the Church's directives in the last few months. The sexual abuse scandal was bad enough and I had to barely hold on to my faith during that. Then, they begin issuing statements that seem designed to drive away the few that have remained faithful.
I was a female Lector, but I quit because of new practices put into place for lectors that (I felt) undermined the role of women.
I truly believe Pope JPII is no longer in control and his even more conservative aides are jockeying for position to fill the vacuum.
I won't even revisit the whole Phoenix fiasco with out Bishop except to say: they no longer have 5:30 daily masses because of monetary crisies, but are still paying for our felonious former Biship to live in his $750,000 house +housekeeper and driver. Something stinks!
joey

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I really liked this part:

In plain english - women shouldn't complain when they are being treated unfairly as it only draws attention to that treatment.

The Vatican keeps making statements like this and their already dwindling numbers will continue to increase.

Yeah I'm 22 and I was born and raised a Catholic Christian... and I want to keep true to my faith, the religion i was brought up to believe..... but all these things.. with the child molestations and now this... It confuses the heck out of me and I just dont know what to believe. I really dont know what to believe and I need some help.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm glad you posted those links, UM.

I heard a seconds long blurb on the news, and wondered what the story was.

It seems to me the Catholic Church continues to be mysogynistic. This should not surprise. They have a very long history of denigrating and subjugating women.
I believe the Church is afraid that women will awaken their hidden selves and prove to be much stronger than we are given credit for.

The Church is not alone in this! Please look around and see how strong women are treated in our society. The man is strong; the woman is a b*tch, or worse.

[edit on 31-7-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Wow, they're really reaching far now.

I say, the Vatican is an obsolete organisation. The world will be way better when people realise they don't need those "organised religion" that have been stealing them and brainwashing them for years.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I was born and raised a Catholic. I was a very devout Catholic in my youth. I cannot understand how the Church can be so out of touch with logic and reason, as well as the state of society today. To say that feminism creates a climate where gay marriage is acceptable is incredulous.

Unless the Church makes major changes in its attiude it is destined to become a refuge for a radical reactionary fringe element.

Mind you, I think feminists can go overboard, too. Believe me, ladies, most men just want to get along, not subjugate you. Equality should be the goal that we work for.

I better shut up ...I'm digging a hole and marg will throw dirt on my head if I'm not careful.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
ha, ha, ha, well jsobecky, I will tell you something about myself I was raised catholic and sevenday adventist do to my mother and father been from diferent believes so that is why I do not believe in organize religion I got enough as a child.

Remeber women rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It confuses the heck out of me and I just dont know what to believe. I really dont know what to believe and I need some help.

it seems to me that today's mainstream religion is good for 3 things:
1) money
2) control
3) gives people hope

i believe most religions are completely outdated and in dire need of modernization, especially since science has come along and stolen much of religion's thunder by proving their fairy tales, which are an attempt to explain the unexpalinable, to be false. in that regard it's ironic that the role of religion has been passed onto science.

has anyone heard of secular humanism?? check out this link, it seems to be the next generation of religion incorporating both science and technology. i'm not religious myself (if u havn't already noticed) but humanism seems really interesting.

www.secularhumanism.org...

-raven

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This Pope is a member of Opus Dey, a right wing(yup) old doctrine fool. Look up Opus Dey. They have their headquarters in New York city- Its an evil organization, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh goodie. Now we can be blamed for the decline and fall of civilization because we refuse to stay in the kitchen, and refuse to stay "barefoot and pregnant."

I sez that the guy could stay home just as easily and be barefoot and preggers for us. Maybe the pope should try it, eh?

Luckily, most men that I've met don't hold to this, nor do most women. We need to re-invent the social paradigm. Remember, before WWII, MOST families in middle and lower class had both parents working and the kids taking care of the kids (or grannies or aunties doing it.) Apparently the Pope isn't much of a student of social history.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I say, Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

I could not agree more, the Vatican (one of the biggest untaxed corporations in the world) . The level of hypocracy is staggering. From the coverup of the sex abuse (mostly in the US, but one has to wonder about other countries as well), the "caveman" attitude towards the rights of women, and the ongoing genocide of AIDS in Africa "cuz condoms are a sin"

How many wars in the last 1000 years have been faught because of org. religion?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   

How many wars in the last 1000 years have been faught because of org. religion?

Almost every war in the world has been fought because some beliefs that people disagreed upon.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
-sorry, i meant OPUS DEI.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join