It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lucid dream question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
latley i've been having dreams where i realise that i'm mearly dreaming. the only problem once i realise i'm dreaming i can hardly do anything (cept for flying). so when one realises there dreaming, how does one turn a regular dream into a lucid dream?

blueberries rock

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ive only had one lucid dream, so idk if what im telling you will be entirely accurate.

When you realize you are dreaming, spin around really fast, turn a corner, something. Tell yourself that when you do this, you will be at this location ______. you can also do that when you feel like you are losing the lucid dream state. Unfortunatly for me, i did not know this the first time, and eventually got so into my dream i forgot i was dreaming again.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I had a dream once where i knew i was dreaming and even told the person with me in the dream that it was one and that i was now in complete control.... didn't quite work....

I've had other lucid dreams where i could control the location and the people i saw, but my control never lasted long. I have the problem of turning these dreams into nightmares.

My best was a neo-agent smith-fight-type dream, but long before the film... once you realise you're dreaming you realise you're invincible.... yay...

I recommend that, once you realise you're dreaming, control every aspect of that dream or you may end up forgetting and losing it.

Most of all have fun, the dream world can be better than reality, make what you want out of it.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Often, I realize that I'm in a dream but most of the times I can't control the situations. It was once may be that I think I was successful. I have a great fear of heights. But during this dream I was on a cliff and I realized that its just a dream and so I jumped off with no fear of dying. That was fun!

Originally posted by xenometric
Most of all have fun, the dream world can be better than reality, make what you want out of it.

Well said!

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
In my experiences with lucid dreaming, I find that I can gain control by telling myself 'This is a dream. I am in control of my own mind." I dont know if that works for other people, but that's what I do.

When I first started with lucid dreaming, I had a hard time doing much other than consciously controlling my interactions. Over time though, I was able to gain more control simply by telling myself I could control what was going on. Maybe you'll have to do what I did, keep telling yourself until you believe it.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
A few rare people master lucid dreaming on their own.
However, for those of us who dont know how, Stephen LaBerge's classic, Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, is, in a word, fantastic.

Buy it, read it, absorb it.

Its not some collection of "pie in the sky" abstract concepts.
It is a book of solidly practical exersizes and advice.
I cant recommend it highly enough

Lucid dreamer
Corvus Corax

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Yes spinning around in circles Is definately one way to help clear your mind and make yourself more lucid, more in control.

Another way is to rub your hands together.

And from what i've experienced... Looking into a mirror is another way.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
For me I have always been able to do this. I never knew it was anything special; ive always had complete control of my dreams.

I usually start out in a random situation, which could be anything. And from there I sometimes see in 1st person and others in 3rd. What usually happens then is I allow the dream to continue, then If i didnt like the outcome of the story I would rewind my dream and start making it up as i went along with some of the occurances in the first dream replaying in the 2nd but not all sometimes it would finish with a diff ending.... And i could do this any number of times or even change the story completley as well as the setting. Also i can pretty much do whatever i feel like in the middle, for instance sometimes i will just stop in the middle of my dream and play x-box and the start the dream back up again right where i left off. (i am playing x-box in my dream, not in real life)

Sometimes I can even pick up where I left off in the middle of a dream when i was awoken that morning.

Either that or I will just have total control and start doing whatever i want. Most of the time I will prove to everyone I am dreaming and can do what i want by moving my arms in circles then leap into flight. If i start to loose control of my dreams I wake up and go back to sleep and restart the process. However not everynight does this happen, sometimes i wake up and dont remember dreaming. But i would say 90% of the time i dream and in about 75% of my dreams I have complete control.

However on rare occasions in my dream something horiffic may happen and i just think to my self there is no reason to go back becuase anyting i do will end in the same conclusion. Either something really bad or something really amazing sends me in awe and i know i dont wanna go back.

one time though I was dreaming, and i realized i was dreaming, woke up, only to find out i was still dreaming, and no joke this went on 4 times. Until i finally made myself step out of bed. THAT WAS VERY ODD when i finally woke up.

(My mom has narco s/P? she doesnt ever hit the deep stage of sleep, and the doctors are gonna do a sleep study on me in a few months to see if i also may have narco, which may be one of the reason i can control them so well? My mom though cant control her dreams. Like i said though i dont even know if i have narco, so maybe im just a lucid dreamer?)

so yeah, I guess i have lucid dreams...(if the term lucid means to have control over)

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
BTW: I have never read anybooks on dreaming or anything.

THis is one area where i have very little knowledge in, so if someone can give me the basics of dreams. why, what are we doing in our sleep, what do they mean, the way we dream, etc.
that would be very much apperciated.

Just a link would be fine.

CAN I do anything special or can all ppl do this?

so.... help anyone?

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Here is an easy method of learning to dream lucid dreams.
Before falling asleep, tell yourself you will look at your hands
in your dream. Keep auto-suggesting this to yourself until it
happens. Once you find yourself dreaming you are looking
at your hands, this will be a springboard from which you can
begin to be conscious while unconscious!

I've had many dreams within a dream, which are amazing to me.
Anyone ever had these? You're dreaming, and then in your dream
you wake up and are doing something else.

You can try suggestions to yourself before falling asleep like
"I will travel to ____'s house and look in on him while he is
sleeping". Then as you fall asleep, imagine their house, and
plant the seeds in your mind before you drift off.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
As far as lucid dreaming goes, I'm not thinking of anything that I wanted to do that I haven't already. I didn't read any books or study anything on how to lucid dream either. However I have noticed if I don't get the so called proper amount of sleep that I tend to not remember my dreams. It is kind of fun to dream about the past and future, different dimensions, and far away civilizations on other planets. A strange dream for me is like waking up only to see a different place and time when I look outside my window. I was really sleeping but it seemed like I was awake but then I knew I had to be dreaming when I saw a place that I had never seen before.

I wonder if you have gotten used to lucid dreaming if that may be why you often seem to have supernatural abilities in your dreams when you aren't lucid dreaming.

new topics

top topics

join