It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please read and consider. Libya and OBL killing. Is there a connection? My opinion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I generally don't post these opinion type thread, but I'd like to ask that other members investigate this with me. I have this strong feeling that there is a connection between the Libya situation and the timed OBL killing.

Here is my post from another thread.. I was feeling a little hysterical so I'm putting it in quotations.

OBL was "taken out" to mix things up and muddy things for future incidences. It was used to get some support for Obama and to give a temporary rally for the dollar so silver and gold will drop and people will get worried and sell/stop buying. Everyone the rise in the dollar is temporary and will be very very short lived. Buy silver and gold up as quick as you can. It is a planned ruse.

Also in the event of a possible future lashing out from Gaddaffi who has many more resources to carry out an attack in retaliation for the murder of his baby grandkids they can pin it on a new Al Qaeda boogey man who will be the same as OBL. They can pin it on an AQ retaliation instead of Libyan for our crimes there. The reason we tried to kill Gaddaffi last week was because Osama is a huge enemy of his, he was the first to issue an warrant for Osama, and if anyone can shed some light on what really happened with Osama it is Gaddaffi so we tried to kill him before we had to announce the Bin Laden news.

Our president has committed at least two war crimes in one week and no one is saying anything. They are setting people who question it up as perpetual conspiracy theorists. Speak out when the final act is initiated and see what happens. All we can do is try to get the truth out now.

Tell me.. what is your guys' opinion. Do you think it is ok that our president allowed an attempted assassination on Gaddaffi that resulted in the death of his family (son and three baby grandchildren) should be considered a crime? Given the info we have on what has happened since the OBL killing do you guys think it is possible it was engineered to put a seed of doubt in the minds of people investing in real money ie gold and silver?

Also I think they are kind of making preparations (MSM not the government or anything physical or extreme) for a witch hunt to discredit anyone being skeptical as a conspiracy theorist. I'm actually not a through and through theorist, but this is certainly strange.

Again sorry for the opinion thread. I will add videos as a find them relevant. As I said earlier the quotation is my hysterical exaggerated opinion of what is going on.
edit on 6-5-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Well first off let's be clear on where I stand on the issue:

Do I think that Osama was killed because of something to do directly with Gaddafi? No.

Do I think that the West will capitalize on the death of Osama in a way that helps to deal with Gaddafi? Yes.

I don't believe that there was any direct link beforehand, however I do believe that NATO will use the killing of Osama to send a very strong signal to Gaddafi to step down, and not mess with the big boys.

The message that world dictators should take from all of this (especially Gaddafi) is that if you piss the west off enough, especially the United States, it will be terminally bad for your health. Gaddafi has committed terrorist acts against NATO member countries in the past. The most notable of these was the bombing of PanAm 103 over Scotland.

Now I do not believe that Gaddafi is living on borrowed time quite yet. While the US and UK would love to bring him before a court and make him answer for the past, he didn't enrage the west to the point Osama did. I hate to say it, and be this cold about it, but I do believe the president had the right to kill Osama. For all intents and purposes he was an enemy general whom had attacked the US multiple times.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProjectJimmy

Yeah.. I'm not saying Osama was killed because of Gaddaffi. It's backwards
I'm saying the attempted assassination of Gaddaffi was because of Osama.

The direct link is that Gaddaffi was the first to go after Osama in 1996 and he has publicly said that the rebels we are arming to oust him are in fact Al Qeada. Whether that's true or not is in the air.

The U.S. would never, ever, ever bring him into a court. The have one intention and that is to kill him. A court room would be a podium for him and he could opently discuss the truth. Also if there is any truth to be told about this OBL news, he is probably the guy to tell it. I think they needed to have him out of the way before they "killed" OBL, they just failed and had time constraints. Doubt they will ever let Gaddaffi speak out again.

Thanks for replying.
edit on 6-5-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
As promised...

SnF

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
after the way americans cheered for osamas supposed death, just wait till they get Gaddafi. with that kind of support they could go after any opposition. us

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

That's just it.. absolutely no one cares if we get Gaddaffi. No one wants him dead.
Everyone thinks we should stay out of it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm shamelessly bumping as I originally posted this last night during hours the site is generally sleeping.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
after the way americans cheered for osamas supposed death, just wait till they get Gaddafi. with that kind of support they could go after any opposition. us

You are assuming that those Americans on TV cheering were not in some way incentivized and organized to do so. I say thats a poor assumption. Just because you can send someone in to knock on doors in dorms at colleges and raise a crowd, or get people in a stadium to chant something, doesnt mean the majority of Americans would spontaneously burst into chants and cheers.

In fact my experience has been completely the opposite. Not only did no one spontaneously burst into chants and cheers where I am, no one at all has even mentioned it. I have ASKED a couple people what they thought, but not one person has said a thing about it to me, or around me.

And not everyone I asked bought the story the press is serving, either. Even mainstreet has issues with the dumping of the body at sea so soon after the event occurred. They may not believe he was already dead, or that the whole thing is a lie, but most of the people I have talked to feel that something just isnt right, and that at least part of what we are hearing is a lie.

I think if this event was a way for our leaders to take the temperature on the unconditional support of the American people, they were sorely disappointed.

Edit to add, Exuberant crowds the day after Osamas "death" cheering on a subway. Or not.

edit on 7-5-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yep.. I got the same experience. The videos online seemed so surreal because I haven't seen anyone that worked up about it and in fact, as you mentioned, I've seen the opposite. I've seen people who were in no way shape or form conspiracy theorists or conspiracy minded saying this is pretty strange.

new topics

top topics

join