It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F22 raptors.grounded!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
www.cnn.com... yes this is right all f22's grounded till ??? will they fly again?? what say you? and is the reason why, the real reason? from the link

Washington (CNN) -- The U.S. Air Force has grounded its entire F-22 Raptor fleet amidst continuing concern over how the fighter jet provides oxygen to the pilot, according Capt. Jennifer Faerrau, a spokesperson for the Air Force's Air Combat Command.

The stand-down order was made Tuesday but is just now becoming public. It's unclear how long the stand down will last.
Mods if this is not the right place for this, feel free to move to the right place.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

What a waste of %#@&ing money...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
www.cnn.com... yes this is right all f22's grounded till ??? will they fly again?? what say you? and is the reason why, the real reason? from the link

Washington (CNN) -- The U.S. Air Force has grounded its entire F-22 Raptor fleet amidst continuing concern over how the fighter jet provides oxygen to the pilot, according Capt. Jennifer Faerrau, a spokesperson for the Air Force's Air Combat Command.

The stand-down order was made Tuesday but is just now becoming public. It's unclear how long the stand down will last.
Mods if this is not the right place for this, feel free to move to the right place.

First the Prius recall, now this -- when will it end?!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I'm thinking yet another software hiccup.

Is microsoft writing this stuff or what?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What planes provide security to America? I.e if planes were to be hijacked, what would NORAD send to intercept them?

The F-22 is a badass plane, it just blows me away seeing videos of it in flight.

edit:: all I can find online is F-22's intercept planes that have been hijacked.
edit on 6-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: edit stated in post

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

I think it's pretty clear why they use the words "stand-down." It's obvious that we are to expect a bombing campaign on American soil, because our entire fleet is "doing exercises out over the Atlantic" as was the reports on 9-11.

So do these raptor pilots fly other planes while their birds are down?

Here's a link with interesting links to follow; NORAD

edit on (5/6/1111 by loveguy because: add a link

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
good thing the US owns over a million more F A 18s that are always combat ready..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I can tell you, I'am at a base with F-22s. This was about two months ago that it happened. One of the Cols found this out the hard way. He passed out during normal training because of the lack of Oxygen that his helment was supposed to provid. Its already fixed. They are out and about flying again. I dont know why this is just coming out as NEW news. Like I said its old news to us. FYI.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
now that is cool that they fixed but i am perplexed as to why this is out now??? 2months old , some one had a slow news day and my first false flag story!!! oh the MSM is right on top of the news are they not... sarcasm maximum
edit on 6-5-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DrakeDarc

Being a ATS member, (paranoid) I find it hard to believe that its an O2 generator problem. We have been using these systems for only, what 50+ years and the latest and greatest mass produced Gen 5 has an O2 problem?
www.airforcetimes.com...
Though this is saying that all systems are being investigated. I too was an Airman I have never heard of any O2 problems in any of our aircraft. Now have they changed from a PSA system or liquid 02 to the MSOGS systems . ntrs.nasa.gov... if so are these legacy aircraft having the same problems? I havent heard of any B2`s crashing minus that one that had a pitot sensor failure. It would be a major engineering blunder if something as critical as O2 was overlooked, again I hope its not so. I would feel more comfortable thinking that they are updating the weapons systems or stealth coatings to some super secret stuff than they screwed the pooch on O2.

Bill

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by VicDiaz89

Sorry but the number is in the hundreds no millions. The only number I can find online is 300 but that likely doesn't include all of the variants.

And no, pilots do not climb into another type of aircraft. Even if they came from that other type earlier. In a time of dire war that practice could change. But you need to be current in the type you fly otherwise you will become a target.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
up date as of June 24 no more f22 they are grounded old.news.yahoo.com...
from the link

The US Air Force has grounded its entire fleet of F-22 fighters, the most sophisticated combat aircraft in the world, after problems emerged with the plane's oxygen supply, officials said Friday.
the reason, from the link

Ferrau said it was too soon to say for certain that the technical problem was related to an onboard oxygen generating system, known as OBOGS.

"We are still working to identify the exact nature of the problem. It is premature to definitively link the current issues to the OBOGS system," she said.
so it is up too the f35 to take on the j20 nice out gunned and out maneuvered, china is jumping for joy on this one.

new topics

top topics

join