It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture is real but your probably not going!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

I would not think he'd know when the rapture is taking place if indeed there is a pretribe rapture.
hummmm..good point thou about a city being spared if there were so many righteous people living there..
vs none at all..oh well it is late ( early actually ) and i am a very tired ol lady, no joke.
I may be t totally wrong but I feel like we are being played and the next step to come terrifies me..ah !! but
perhaps there will be a lull in activity and like the calm before the storm it will catch us when we least expect it.
I don't get any jollies out of osama's death or any other..though some should be kept away from harming
others. It's just another earmark in the sad human history of bloodshed and mayhem and yes, sin.
I'd be careful about accepting any so called new info about contact..way I see it the ufos are either
of human origin or demonic...I believe if you check in the revelation you'll see how big the new jeruselum
will be..a very big cubic covering 2/3???? the size of the united states..wow, ya really think TPTB would
jump on HIS bandwagon..the real Christ who returns in the clouds??? They will however jump into the
antichrist's lap and you know what that means for the rest of us who would choose to not bow down to
their "king". Just my thoughts..goodnight all. I may have it all wrong in my head but everyone is entitled
to their ideas.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Awwww man.....you mean I pimped out my Jeezy ride for nothing?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

if rapture does happen ...that guy won't be around anyway

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

I wasn't even going to waste my time on you, but I'm not doing anything else at the moment. While reading my post keep this in mind: I'm talking about the general idea that God will take certain people to heaven and leave the rest behind. Not the specific word for word scenario of "The Rapture" Perhaps that makes things clearer?

Originally posted by Watts
Why are you putting words in the Bible that clearly aren't there?

Care to point out which words? Perhaps your comprehension skills are lacking but I didn't put any words in the bible.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or judge but let's say the Bible is true, how can you possibly go behind it, and say, "bump what the Bible says, I KNOW God will say its all good, come on"...?

Not really what I said, but if you prefer to think I did then so be it. The basic premise of my post was that, if there is a God, it's my OPINION that being a good person would be the most important thing to him.

I'll make a metaphor relating to a job. One place I worked had "Improvement based raises" meaning how good of an employee you were wasn't important, just that you improved.

If someone does an incredible job, and hits their quota 100% of the time from day one, they do not get a raise. On the other hand, if someone gets hired, and slacks off, only meeting 50% of their quota, they will get a raise after 90 days if they start hitting 60% of their quota. This system doesn't reward hard workers, it rewards people who play the system.

That is exactly how I see Christianity. It doesn't matter at all what you do. You can murder, rape, steal, etc but as long as you accept Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and ask for forgiveness you'll be OK. It rewards people who play the system, not actually work hard to be good people.

So I never said that god would just say everything is "all good" I said he would think higher of people that actually strive to do good, not people that just try and play the system. And since you accused me of putting words in the bible, which I didn't do, I'll call you out as well. You claim I said "I KNOW...." Reading comprehension problems again? I laid out what I thought, and posted "MY OPINION" at the end. What's the problem?

Let's apply that logic to...oh I don't know... school:
"I know that the teacher said the test will be on chapter 5-10, but I didn't study those, I only studied 1-3. But since I know 1-3 so well, the teacher is bound to see I at least studied something and give me an 'A' and let me pass because he's a cool awesome guy."

Ok. Mind if I use your metaphor as well? I'm going to tweak it a little so it reflects more accurately the situation.

You are in class on the first day of school. 23 teachers walk in. The first teacher tells you to read a certain book, chapters 1-3. The second teacher tells you to read chapters 4-6. The third tells you to read an entirely different book.

On and on, each teacher assigns a different book and different chapters. Each teacher also says they will give you an "F" if you read anything other than the book/chapters you were assigned. You have no idea who your real teacher is, and they all refuse to actually tell you. What are you supposed to do? Even if it were possible to read all the books in the time you have, you were told you would be given an "F" if you read anything more than the assigned chapter. So you read what you can, and get an "F" on the test.

Then the Principal (In this metaphor he would be god, if you didn't follow that) comes in, and tells you:

"I've removed the F from your test, because I can't understand how those teachers expected you to have any idea what to do, You read and learned the best you could, good job"

Get it?

In the context of the discussion.... that's pretty dumb. ...and slightly childish.

Dumb and childish? Ok, whatever.
If you feel the concept of being a GOOD PERSON more important than following silly rituals to be CHILDISH and DUMB, then I really do wish I hadn't wasted my time on you.

If the Rapture(a Christian concept) is real, why would God suddenly not take the faithful CHRISTIANS and disregard everything written in the Bible?

So many things to say here.

First of all, Christianity may be the only ones to say the actual words "Rapture" but they are FAR from the only religion to have the concept of a day of judgment.

Second of all, you ask "Why would god.......?" Aren't Christians always saying God works in mysterious ways that we can't understand? So who are you to question how he conducts himself at the end times? Maybe it's a test to see if people will blindly follow other people, and if they do, they fail.

Third, what makes you think God would accept faithful Christians? The bible was written by the hand of MEN. Simple human beings capable of lying, making things up, etc. Even if God actually spoke the words to be written down, that doesn't mean men wrote the word of god down correctly. Maybe the bible's version of a faithful Christian is NOT what God actually wanted? You can't know for sure, that's my point.

Lol I know its your "opinion" but your logic in regards to the subject doesn't even make sense... and being caught up in the Rapture has nothing to do with how much you attend church so not only are you making baseless assumptions, you're making assumptions without even having a grasp of the subject you're making assumptions about.

Yes it is my opinion, and I think it makes perfect sense. Other people must think it makes sense (and agree with me on top of that) judging by the fact my post received several stars.

As I already stated I'm talking about the general idea of a day of judgment, not the specific word for word scenario of "The Rapture" but even if I was, how do you know the idea of "The Rapture" was not only correctly WRITTEN, but also correctly TRANSLATED?

As far as baseless assumptions, think what you will. The only assumptions I made were that God would save people for being good, not for being Christians. That is an assumption, and I base it on the fact that God is supposed to be an all knowing, caring loving being. To me it makes a lot of sense a being like that would care more about the quality of your life, than the title you put on yourself.

You claim I don't have a grasp of the subject? The subject is "The Rapture" which I have a decent grasp of. God saves the good and leaves the wicked, correct? Not really a difficult concept.

The only actual question in your OP is "What if May 21st is the rapture" So I have you my response of what I think would happen if the 21st is the rapture. How would you expect anyone to reply to your thread without making assumptions? It's not as if we can base things on facts here, we are talking about religion, it's based on faith as religious people themselves admit, not facts. So ANYTHING anyone says will be an assumption.

This is man's problem now. We have this disgusting arrogance that makes us think that we can do whatever we want and the "rules", whether its in school, the law etc., should bend in a way that doesn't make us out to be in the wrong. I don't mean to get so worked up but this kind of arrogance annoys me because its so blatant and wrong.

I agree 100% that arrogance is a big problem with humans. The same arrogance that you display here. Pay yourself on the back. Your so arrogant to think that you know for a fact that the stuff in ONE specific religious book is true, when there are other religious books that other people take just as seriously, but YOU and only YOU are right. Pat yourself on the back again buddy. Good job.

You talk about the "rules" but where do they come from? As I already said, your holy book is far from the only holy book, and in fact is a NEWCOMER to the whole religion scene. So you are displaying horrendous arrogance to be so sure YOU are the only one who is right, and MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of other people who feel strongly about their religion are all wrong.

Which is why, I'll go back to my original post, where I say if God exists, he will understand the fact that there are so many different religions, so many different books, and HUMANS have meddled and changed/added their own twist to EVERY one of them, that there is no way he could blame someone for not following ONE specific religion. How are you supposed to know which one is right? You can't.

And if you think nothing has been changed in the bible, I have a bridge to sell you. The Bible is just a collection of stories. Church leaders (MEN, regular HUMANS) are the ones that decided what to put into it. Why is the Book of Enoch not in the bible? Because MEN just decided to not put it in there. God didn't decide to exclude it.

So if you can't see your own ignorance and arrogance regarding your post, then I don't know what to tell you.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
If I don't go, then it isn't real.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
rapture [ˈræptʃə]
n
1. the state of mind resulting from feelings of high emotion; joyous ecstasy
2. An expression of ecstatic feeling. Often used in the plural.
3. The transporting of a person from one place to another, especially to heaven.

Emphasis is mine, please note the second definition for rapture, and my rapture will arrive on the 22nd of May, when all the religious nut jobs are missing, not because they have gone anywhere but because they have been found out and are hiding away out of embarrassment and frantically trying to figure out excuses and plotting another date for it all to happen..

I really don't get the point of all these stupid rapture posts, if its true as you claim, then god has already made up his mind who is going, and posting here isn't going to save anyone, or is it perhaps you feel you are going and therefore gloating because you are and others are not? But then isn't pride a sin? so that makes you sinful and also excluded

There will be no biblical rapture on the 21st, and please afterwards, keep your bible pumping well away for a while, if you want a philosophical discussion, fine, if you want to debate the veracity of the bible fine. But please keep your rapture delusions to yourself, if your right were not going and we don't care, and if your wrong (and you are) then you just look like a complete idiot and will never have a chance of converting any sensible rational thinking person

The Real Rapture

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

I am not going to post a single response to this thread because James1982 is doing as good a job, if not better than I could ever do!

edit on 6/5/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The rapure comes from the mind of a failed prophet.do you think the father would put his most faithful servant,job,through all the hell he did,just to rapture a bunch of half a$$Ed christians away.The belief of the rapture is arrogance! Arrogance will be judged to the same degree as killing or any other sins. Be careful what you wish for christians,you just might get it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Wow it says, "Judge not, lest ye be judged". Guess what then, you aren't going either.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
So I guess regardless of what happens that day, some people will claim the rapture has happened.

They won't be able to explain why millions of babies, small innocent children are left though.

They will say only a handful of people were taken and most of us wouldn't notice then they will say they must not have been worthy to be taken I guess. Or they will say another rapture is coming later or something.

Believe me, when the rapture happens, everyone would notice because for one thing, there would be a lot less children and babies left.

Why wouldn't God take the children and babies who have not been here long enough to learn anything and have not hurt anyone?

Why would he rapture their parents away, leaving the baby in the crib to possibly die or starve due to inattention? If their parents were taken and not the child or baby, it could die before anyone noticed and came to rescue it.

So when the rapture happens, I believe that God would surely take the children and babies out of the world.

He might also take the babies from the wombs of unsaved people. Might as well take them out since their parent isn't saved, won't be saved, and can't have the knowledge to pass on to the baby so the baby can be saved.

Also I think after the rapture no one will be able to conceive. At least I hope so. It wouldn't be fair to be be born into a world where no one can even tell one how to get saved

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
Not everyone subscribes to your belief system. May 21st of this year right? I'll bookmark this to ask how your rapture went.
edit on 6-5-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

Double-Tap.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
what would the possibility be that if Harold camping is correct that may 21 is the so called rapture but only a handful of very righteous people are being saved. i would say less than 1000 or even 100 are being airlifted from their bedrooms and houses. There will be lights in the sky and those very good people whom God has selected from the very time they were born will be removed. The world is sustained for the sake of their merits. God only destroys a city if all the the righteous people leave. See genesis 18:56 when Lot bargains with god to save the city if there are 50 righteous people in it. So out of a city of maybe 100000 only 4 left. Those numbers aren't to good right? Don't worry there will be one more opportunity. God has set up a place of safety for the thousands who return to him.

I can be very short on this, Harold Camping is very wrong on this kind of material.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by notimportant

Not to blasphamise but would you guys do me a favor and read this...:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Intresting thread, but I''m very short on this particulair kind of people because they are always telling their storing from a "religious viewpoint" and that is where it goes wrong, they fail miserably to see it from a neutral or "whole" view.

Please don''t listen to others (false prophets???), ask and recieve that whats it''s all about !!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I'm not even sure I believe in a Rapture myself. Because the Bible also clearly says that many people will die for their beliefs. They will refuse the mark and they will refuse to bow and they will die. It says that Mothers will watch their babies being killed in front of them and that whole families will be broken apart. The enemy will use your love for your family, your pets, or whatever to get you to take the mark. How can anyone be a martyr for their faith if all the faithful are raptured. How can anyone be left who would refuse the mark?

If we are all taken, then the Beast would have no trouble with getting people to take the mark. Yet when I talk to people about it, they say they won't be here when the mark comes, they'll be raptured. I ask them about those who are martyred and they say that those people are people who know the gospel but were backsliding or not fully devoted. They say that those people will die because they will finally understand.

Maybe that is true but I don't know. I'd like to believe in a rapture but when I read some of the passages, it more seems like some people will be protected on the Earth, and find a safe spot to wait, rather than that they'll be taken up anywhere.

Anyway, I don't really think anyone knows for sure what is going to happen and when. I think it is all going to go down soon, but I don't know when. Surely it won't be on May the 21, because the Bible says no man knows!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
God has set up a place of safety for the thousands who return to him.

What kind of God is that? I thought God likes all people equally? I think this Rapture stuff is nothing but a "crazy" Christian's dream. Besides, why would God be prejudiced against so many people? Why create people in the first place (at least their souls)?
edit on 6-5-2011 by sphinx551 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

What is the next verse after they # the 144,000? Your comment makes no sense as most don't on this thread. If you have a self belief that is one thing, but to try to pull it from the Bible is ridiculous at best. Dogma and deception at best...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Modern Christianity is nothing like it started out as. If God does exist, I imagine he'd consider followers of modern Christianity to be followers of a false religion.

That said, I don't really believe in anything like that because there's really no way to know. Most religious people will say that I've only been decieved by the devil or some such nonsense. My question to them is how do they know they themselves have not been decieved by the devil? God is supposedly kind and loving, yet demands worship or you're sent to hell? In my mind, any being that demands worship is unworthy of it.

The devil is supposed to be the ultimate trickster, right? What if he pulled off the ultimate trick and is now known as god? History is written by the victor.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
If the Rapture comes, can I have your car?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It is sad beyond belief that human beings with the power of reason can throw that out the window as if it were worthless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join