It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture is real but your probably not going!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
what would the possibility be that if Harold camping is correct that may 21 is the so called rapture but only a handful of very righteous people are being saved. i would say less than 1000 or even 100 are being airlifted from their bedrooms and houses. There will be lights in the sky and those very good people whom God has selected from the very time they were born will be removed. The world is sustained for the sake of their merits. God only destroys a city if all the the righteous people leave. See genesis 18:56 when Lot bargains with god to save the city if there are 50 righteous people in it. So out of a city of maybe 100000 only 4 left. Those numbers aren't to good right? Don't worry there will be one more opportunity. God has set up a place of safety for the thousands who return to him.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Not everyone subscribes to your belief system. May 21st of this year right? I'll bookmark this to ask how your rapture went.
edit on 6-5-2011 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I'm about to give brith to a brown baby. I'll drop him straight off at the pool. I hope he has been selected.... because I had fish last night.

The worst people in the world get away with their mis-deeds until man, not god, bring them to answer.
edit on 6/5/11 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

What if all the good people are taken up through natural means as far as man is concerned, the old fashioned method, death?

People see the light, that has been reported too many times to be a total falsity, so whos to say that when they leave this planet it is not what we see as death?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

Rapture is not something you "go" to.
Rapture is something that happens, or not, depending on your belief system.

We are judged by the content of our hearts - if we are judged at all.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If the rapture is real and actually happens, my guess is that not one single person that identifies them self as a Christian is actually going to go.

If God is real, he is the most understanding and intelligent being in the universe. Therefore he would see why some people don't follow religion. He would see how awful men have twisted god's words for nefarious purposes. He would have more respect for a person that lives a compassionate positive life than an a-hole who thinks he is going to heaven because he goes to church.

Just my opinion.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian
what would the possibility be that if Harold camping is correct that may 21 is the so called rapture but only a handful of very righteous people are being saved. i would say less than 1000 or even 100 are being airlifted from their bedrooms and houses. There will be lights in the sky and those very good people whom God has selected from the very time they were born will be removed. The world is sustained for the sake of their merits. God only destroys a city if all the the righteous people leave. See genesis 18:56 when Lot bargains with god to save the city if there are 50 righteous people in it. So out of a city of maybe 100000 only 4 left. Those numbers aren't to good right? Don't worry there will be one more opportunity. God has set up a place of safety for the thousands who return to him.

If you actually believe in the Bible than you would know that he is what is called a false prophet and has failed numerous times before in his doomsday verbiage. If you claim to be speaking in the name of God regarding prophecy you better be right 100 percent of the time.

No one knows the day or the hour when the end will come period!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
I'm about to give brith to a brown baby. I'll drop him straight off at the pool. I hope he has been selected.... because I had fish last night.

The worst people in the world get away with their mis-deeds until man, not god, bring them to answer.
edit on 6/5/11 by spearhead because: (no reason given)

After enough time, if you live that long you will see that man has very little power at all. Everything is in the hand of God and all wrongs are eventually and finally righted. There are no coincidences. Everybody gets just what they deserve. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

lol/ you picked a topic that any fool could have a cause with an affect. seriously, any race of religious fanatics that think they are,. or shall be saved, guess what the bible tells you fools that only god will judge, not the church.not your pasture, not even if you think you have it all figured out, too funny. so rapture. you think a god that scolds you and is dependent on your thithes for his ressurection is going to save you>
think twice?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
for you that do not know nor like my self believe in this rapture, i call it the calling or the "come here" time...
Here you go, forgive me it is from well...en.wikipedia.org... ok so it is, yes that site but at least it is all in one place i have chosen the history of the rapture to show that is is not ,see not the word of god nor in the word of god but one man's yes one man take on it, and so lives the belief today, when it comes and goes and it will like so many others...
we, the real truth seekers should not put down the seekers of false hoods but say to them you are for given, now come see and hear the word, if you so chose.
just a few words from the link

Doctrinal history

The concept of the rapture, in connection with premillennialism, was expressed by the American Puritan father and son Increase and Cotton Mather. They held to the idea that believers would be caught up in the air, followed by judgments on the earth and then the millennium.[21][22] The term rapture was used by Philip Doddridge (1738) and John Gill (1748) in their New Testament commentaries, with the idea that believers would be caught up prior to judgment on the earth and Jesus' Second Coming.

There exist at least one 18th century and two 19th century Pre-Tribulation references: in an essay published in 1788 in Philadelphia by the Baptist Morgan Edwards which articulated the concept of a pre-tribulation rapture,[23] in the writings of Catholic priest Emmanuel Lacunza in 1812,[24] and by John Nelson Darby himself in 1827.[25] However, both the book published in 1788 and the writings of Lacunza have opposing views regarding their interpretations. A Jesuit priest, Manuel Lacunza (1731–1801), was born in Chile but came to Italy in 1767 where he would spend the rest of his life. Posing as a converted Jew (under the pseudonym Juan Josafat Ben Ezra), he wrote, in Spanish, a large apocalyptic work entitled La venida del Mesías en gloria y majestad [The Coming of the Messiah in Glory and Majesty]. The book appeared first in 1811, 10 years after his death. In 1827, it was translated[citation needed] into English by Edward Irving, an acquaintance of and possible[original research?] influence on Darby.
so know you know.
edit on 6-5-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Well . . . who the heck knows . . . but a little birdie I know told me 144,000 will go. Yeah, crazy . . . only 144, 000, however, I have no links, no proof, maybe I was influenced by a movie or something (perhaps the good book) . . . but I believe that number is solid. I am sure that you are aware of that number, aren't you silly?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Not even real, certainly not in or from the bible.
www.askelm.com...

Last time I abuse this.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4942ae005c1a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

Actually you are correct . . . I do not believe the Bible ever mentions "the rapture" specifically. As a matter of fact, if memory serves me correctly, the Bible never mentions "the rapture" at all, does it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

you refer to the chosen ones the ones that have the seal of god in there foreheads as seen here www.therickabys.com... from the link

What is the seal of the living God?

Exodus 20: 8-11; 31: 12-17
"Too late they see that the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is the
seal of the living God" (GC 640).
"True observance of the Sabbath of the fourth commandment is the sign
of loyalty to God" (7BC 981).
"Those who would have the seal of God in their foreheads must keep the
Sabbath of the fourth commandment" (ibid. 970).
"There is to be a mark placed upon God's people, and that mark is the
keeping of His holy Sabbath" (ibid. 981).
"To us as to Israel the Sabbath is given 'for a perpetual covenant.' To
those who reverence His holy day the Sabbath is a sign that God recognizes them as
His chosen people. It is a pledge that He will fulfill to them His covenant. Every
soul who accepts the sign of God's government places himself under the divine,
everlasting covenant. He fastens himself to the golden chain of obedience, every
link of which is a promise.
"The fourth commandment alone of all the ten contains the seal of the
great Lawgiver, the Creator of the heavens and the earth" (6T 350 [see also PP 307]).
by reading this i do not think any one will be sealed do you?Do you know the real sabbath and the commandments , live by them day in day out?Do you? i know i do not. live by them that is... but i do know them, and a hint as to the real sabbath day, it is the day before the church changed it... give up??? it is Saturday

edit on 6-5-2011 by bekod because: text correction

edit on 6-5-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by pellian

I dont want to be raptured. I would want to stay and watch the show. But God can rapture my pets, I really dont want them to have to suffer on my account.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
reply to post by dethduck

Actually you are correct . . . I do not believe the Bible ever mentions "the rapture" specifically. As a matter of fact, if memory serves me correctly, the Bible never mentions "the rapture" at all, does it?
nope, no it doesn't. If you look at the link I posted you'll get an insight into where this "prophecy" originated. To summarize, someone in the early 1800s took a "vision" they had, cherry picked bits of scripture and pretty much pulled this out of their..."rosary". The "belief" itself was fairly marginalize until around 30-40 years ago when it was "popularized" by the "Left Behind" series of books.
Funny how serialized fiction somehow convinced people that a fringe theory was prophetic scripture.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pellian

The so called rapture or as the scripture describe it being caught up to meet Christ only comes after much tribulation. What most do not understand is this is not a physical event that happens on a certain date. It is symbolic for what happens within. The kingdom of God is within as even the scriptures teach like in Luke 17.. it symbolizes that after much struggle through many lifetimes there is a significant rise in conciousness within the individual and he/she achieves what is sometimes called the Christ consciousness or enlightenment. Hence being caught up in to meet Christ. This can happen at anytime time to any individual who is ready for this leap forward.

Camping may be sincere in his belief but there will be no end of the world on May 21st or anything of any significance predicted by him. Camping's Christian black and white mindset or thought form is an old thought form reinforced by thousands of years of belief by millions. It is finally starting to abate and die of attrition but it will still be around for a long while because of all the energy put into it. IMO Christians need to stop buying in to it and think for themselves and seek the kingdom within. Once they do that and step outside the box or thought form even the scriptures will begin to make much more sense to them and they will discern better what is true in them and what is not.

link   
Double post
edit on 6-5-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by James1982
If the rapture is real and actually happens, my guess is that not one single person that identifies them self as a Christian is actually going to go.

If God is real, he is the most understanding and intelligent being in the universe. Therefore he would see why some people don't follow religion. He would see how awful men have twisted god's words for nefarious purposes. He would have more respect for a person that lives a compassionate positive life than an a-hole who thinks he is going to heaven because he goes to church.

Just my opinion.

Why are you putting words in the Bible that clearly aren't there? I'm not trying to rain on your parade or judge but let's say the Bible is true, how can you possibly go behind it, and say, "bump what the Bible says, I KNOW God will say its all good, come on"...?

Let's apply that logic to...oh I don't know... school:
"I know that the teacher said the test will be on chapter 5-10, but I didn't study those, I only studied 1-3. But since I know 1-3 so well, the teacher is bound to see I at least studied something and give me an 'A' and let me pass because he's a cool awesome guy."

In the context of the discussion.... that's pretty dumb. ...and slightly childish.

If the Rapture(a Christian concept) is real, why would God suddenly not take the faithful CHRISTIANS and disregard everything written in the Bible?

Lol I know its your "opinion" but your logic in regards to the subject doesn't even make sense... and being caught up in the Rapture has nothing to do with how much you attend church so not only are you making baseless assumptions, you're making assumptions without even having a grasp of the subject you're making assumptions about.

This is man's problem now. We have this disgusting arrogance that makes us think that we can do whatever we want and the "rules", whether its in school, the law etc., should bend in a way that doesn't make us out to be in the wrong. I don't mean to get so worked up but this kind of arrogance annoys me because its so blatant and wrong.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nonnez

"16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." -1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

As can be seen above, the bible mentions being taken up into the air, but it is not referring to being "raptured" in the sense that most of the world has come to know it. The Rapture was actually invented by the Roman Catholic Church many years ago (but I will not get into that).

In order not to post an unnecessarily long post, I will just recommend following the link below for those who are interested in learning the truth about what will really take place when Jesus returns. It is a link to a website named remnantofgod.org.

www.remnantofgod.org...

edit on 6-5-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join