It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN just showed the fake bin Laden pics...softening us up for the real ones?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Hi all,

I was just flipping through the channels and Anderson Cooper was on CNN showing the fake bin Laden pics. He showed the doctored Black Hawk Down pic and the 3-in-1 pic (with bin-Laden images side by side by side).

Seems odd that we can't see the real one on tv, but hey, the fake ones are fine.

Maybe they're trying to ease people's minds into it, and they'll change their mind and release the real one?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by notsofunnyguy

More than likely they're trying to embed the fakes into peoples' subconcious to better convince everybody he's dead/ they just now got him.

Anyone suggesting otherwise will be met with a chorus of "I saw the pics" and "They wouldn't show fakes on the news".
edit on 5/6/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Very interesting. I guess fake pics of virtually the same thing won't inflame people, but the real ones will. Weird.

(Doctored Black Hawk down? That one I haven't run across...got a link to that and the 3-in-1? Thanks.)

Originally posted by eNumbra
"They wouldn't show fakes on the news".

Bingo.
edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Anyone suggesting otherwise will be met with a chorus of "I saw the pics" and "They wouldn't show fakes on the news".
edit on 5/6/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Because the news has NEVER EVER been wrong before!

Too true friend! People never cease to amaze me...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The black hawk down one is the one that had a soldier in the older desert uniform. Osama's face was superimposed on the "wounded" soldier and the pic was inverted.

The 3-in-1 pic was three images of bin Laden in progressive stages of injury.

Both were posted in any of several of the "Osama pics!!!!!" threads. I'm not going to hunt them down and repost them again because

1. It's late and I'm kinda lazy right now, and
2. they're actually not supposed to be posted per the T&C's, if I'm not mistaken. Cool that the mods let them up during the beginning of this event though, so everyone could look at them and figure it all out.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Thanks. No, it's okay. I know the inverted green ones you mean. The 3-in-1 sounds familiar too. Thought I'd missed something, but apparently not. The descriptions just didn't gel in my hear.Sleep well.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

They will have to release some kind of evidence sooner or later, or it will most probably be leaked on the net.

Where are WikiLeaks when you need them

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
"look he's dead be convinced with these photo's, stop questioning the President, be good, pay your taxes, support the war because LOOK!! we got him!!!... now with Jane to find out who Snooki screwed last night"

I wonder if you can sue the company for trying to persuade you he's dead with these photos?? lmao I haven't a clue.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wlasikiewicz

Oh we won't hear from them until the CIA has something they want to tell us. Julian Assange should just release what he has and keep the highest document he has to blackmail with. OR release EVERYTHING and tell the world there is more in his possession so that TPTB don't go after him.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
They showed a faked photoshopped pic and was not the real thing.

The WH has already stated and confirmed that the official pics will not be released.

Stop with this blatant case of Disinformation!

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Because even if you can realize they are fake it is a psychological technique to get one to 'Accept' he is 'Dead'

Those are obviously fake images.. i think they should release the 'Real Death Images'.. each time your brain accepts his 'Death' and those are 'Fake'.. so if they released 'Real Death Images' and they were just as fake your brain is trained to already accept them as 'Truth'

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
What is better, putting out fakes, admitting they are fakes, knowing that the people who want to believe in santa will eat them up, or putting out a fake saying its the real deal, only to have it torn apart by a global community where one third of the population has photoshop experience to some degree?

EDIT

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
They showed a faked photoshopped pic and was not the real thing.

The WH has already stated and confirmed that the official pics will not be released.

Stop with this blatant case of Disinformation!

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!

Thats why the put out fakes. People like he will eat them up and them admitting to those being fake, can say we never said they were real. So they cant be attacked over it, but they work for the people who want to believe in the terrorism fairy tale anyway.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join