It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About Bigfoot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

That is too funny! Talk about synchronistity!

Very good job on the assignment, by the way. Too bad one of the words wasn't saggy!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
If it looks like it lacks info I can always post more in a reply. And thanks for the compliment. The good thing about a thread is that you can always post more info later on. Its just that I was busy working on a gas powered motorized bicycle in the garage for a while.

edit on 12-5-2011 by paranormal78 because: wanted to add more

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Ah, Bigfoot! If it weren't for a childhood fascination with Bigfoot, I would never have gotten into cryptozoology and the paranormal in general as I grew up, so I have a lot to thank him for

That being said, as I've grown up, I've started to believe in the idea of Bigfoot less and less, but have grown enamoured with the idea of the multiverse. It is only because of this theory that I have allowed myself to hold onto the idea of Bigfoot and all other cryptids actually existing. Maybe there is a rip in our universe and the Bigfoots come and go - perhaps without any knowledge that they themselves are doing it?

Then again, why haven't we found any hair, droppings, bodies etc? Even if they did traverse between two different plains, we should have some concrete proof. Other than the Patterson footage (which I've been on the fence about for a while) we have nothing other than photos from people who are very adept in taking out-of-focus shots...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by HBogart
Then again, why haven't we found any hair, droppings, bodies etc? Even if they did traverse between two different plains, we should have some concrete proof. Other than the Patterson footage (which I've been on the fence about for a while) we have nothing other than photos from people who are very adept in taking out-of-focus shots...

Yeah, hey, did you know that in Vietnam, the US forces didn't even know about such things as tunnels until finally they figured out the enemy was getting behind the wire because they had a giant network of tunnels under the base! Dudes were like, "what the frack? They're under us!" True story.

So when people are willing to go to the Earth, generally you will not percieve them, and generally you will cognitively dissonate and say "Well they must not be there then! Cos it's scary if I think about what I will never be able to see!"

So I say yes, they may exist, but if we do find them, let's learn from prior modalities. Let's not be all warlike and end up losing like in Vietnam, that would be stupid. Once we find them having hidden from us, let's shake hands and build a new world, because really I think sasquatch will have help and I think they'd kick our asses if rubber hit the road so to speak, as it did when we found those tunnels in Vietnam.

Hmm... Did the french have any bigfoot stories? I've never been there and do not know if they even have forests, but I suppose they must since Robin Hood lived in the forest. Wait, was that France where Robin's forest was at? I can't remember.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey, I really want to believe that they're out there, trust me. But the sceptic inside me just needs a bit more evidence. Of course, I'm more than willing to keep an open mind and I believe there's far more evidence for Sasquatches than there is for other cryptids, but still...

The kid inside me is jumping up and down with excitement. The scientist inside me is 'tsk tsk'-ing me. Anyone know how to shut science up?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by HBogart

Well to answer your question, the sightings of Bigfoot and other ape like cryptic animals is that an old native American practice could be responsible for some of the Bigfoot sightings. This was about a native American tribe selecting someone to go into the wilderness and sometimes never coming back to their tribe. This became known as the wild man theory. Someone from a tribe would end up covered in animal hair for warmth and act as if they were truly savage. Other sightings of this unknown animal could be people in costumes portraying hoaxes or an unknown ape like creature. Or simply miss identified sightings.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Shouldn't we have some bones, blood, DNA, hair, skin, stool, urine, fingernail, feathers

something

besides crappy videos and plaster casts ?!?!?

Sorry but Bigfoot is like my Kryptonite.

There have been plenty of hair and DNA samples studied in reputable labs. Conclusions?

Unknown Animal...
J.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Originally posted by HBogart

Yeah, hey, did you know that in Vietnam, the US forces didn't even know about such things as tunnels until finally they figured out the enemy was getting behind the wire because they had a giant network of tunnels under the base! Dudes were like, "what the frack? They're under us!" True story.

So when people are willing to go to the Earth, generally you will not percieve them, and generally you will cognitively dissonate and say "Well they must not be there then! Cos it's scary if I think about what I will never be able to see!"

So I say yes, they may exist, but if we do find them, let's learn from prior modalities. Let's not be all warlike and end up losing like in Vietnam, that would be stupid. Once we find them having hidden from us, let's shake hands and build a new world, because really I think sasquatch will have help and I think they'd kick our asses if rubber hit the road so to speak, as it did when we found those tunnels in Vietnam.

Hmm... Did the french have any bigfoot stories? I've never been there and do not know if they even have forests, but I suppose they must since Robin Hood lived in the forest. Wait, was that France where Robin's forest was at? I can't remember.

Very good points you make! Because you can't see something does NOT mean it's not there.

Robin Hood was in England. Supposedly Sherwood Forest. Sherwood Forest is about the size on your back garden these days - most of the trees are long gone...

J.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
reply to post by HBogart

Well to answer your question, the sightings of Bigfoot and other ape like cryptic animals is that an old native American practice could be responsible for some of the Bigfoot sightings. This was about a native American tribe selecting someone to go into the wilderness and sometimes never coming back to their tribe. This became known as the wild man theory. Someone from a tribe would end up covered in animal hair for warmth and act as if they were truly savage. Other sightings of this unknown animal could be people in costumes portraying hoaxes or an unknown ape like creature. Or simply miss identified sightings.

Or perhaps Sasquatch!

There a dozens of sightings here where I am every year. And there's too much wilderness for anyone to bother wearing 'ape suits' - you'd probably never be seen anyhow... LOL!

J.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Has anyone ever gave this a thought that Big Foot's are a cousins or they are related to the Neanderthals‘??

I have I considered the possibility that they are either the left over creatures of the Neanderthals’ .. there are fossils of what appears to be human foot imprints so to me even though we have no DNA or proof only tells me that they still have the alien personalities .. and that means they cans sense when or where to be as to remain not visible to us most of the time and leave no clues most of the time.. .. a bit strange to think of them this way but its just my own conclusion that makes any sense as to why they remain so secretive

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I used to work at a little museum devoted to paranormal subjects. We had a "friendly" likeness of Bigfoot at our entry, and I met people who would tell me stories about getting fairly close to this large, extremely smelly creature.

The only surprising data that I have seen about it is in Laura Knight's (known as the Cassiopaean) materials.

Q: (L) Was Mars ever inhabited?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) By whom?
A: By those you now know as Sasquatch or Bigfoot.
Q: (L) Do they now live on this planet as a result of being brought here by other beings?
A: They are transitory. Do not inhabit on a permanent basis.
Q: (L) Well, how do they come and go?
A: They are the slaves and “pets” of the Lizard Beings.

The page is here:

cassiopaea.org...

If they are really brought here as operatives but do not live here, that would explain why we have never found any remains. It would also explain their hostility level to some degree. So if you wanted "real" evidence, you'd probably have to make up your mind to go out and shoot one. Doesn't sound like much fun to me.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by l_e_cox

The problem with shooting a possible Bigfoot somewhere is that I could accidentally shoot someone in a costume as I have talked about before. My point is at least 60% of Bigfoot sightings are hoaxes. almost 20% is a case of miss identification. Some people would go through great lengths to portray a hoax. when it comes to a subject like Bigfoot many people want to hoax it. Oh and cool museum. I have to see it in person someday. Do you know where this museum is?

edit on 15-5-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have a strong interest in the Sasquatch myself. I've never seen one, but my husband says he's heard one. A close friend of mine did encounter one and it was a very close encounter - she came face to face with it over a trash can and only the width of the trash can separated them.

Recently I've discovered Facebook's "Findbigfoot." A lot of people seem to be making fun of them, but I think they have some very good points and have done a lot of hard work. They have "authenticated" a few videos and pictures (out of the literally hundreds there are) and have developed a set of criteria for determining what is a "real" bigfoot. As best I remember without going back to the site right now, they are:

1. Conical head
2. Prominent brow ridge
3. Hooded nose (as opposed to a gorilla type nose). Humans have a hooded nose.
4. Ostman's pad on bottom of feet
5. Extremely long arms with functional hands.
6. Bent-leg gait
7. Tree-pulling (They use trees to pull themselves along while walking through treed areas)
8. Hiding/peeking behavior

I have seen at least a half-dozen videos on their site which I consider would be extremely difficult for a human to fake, due to the creature's gait, length of arms (when it can be seen to be using the hands at the end of those arms), and height.

If there is interest (not mockery and ridicule) I can go back to their site and pull out the links for those videos that I consider to be plausible evidence rather than monkey suit hoaxes.

Here is a link to their main page: Facebook: Findbigfoot

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

I hear what your saying hhott. The Patterson footage was hard to replicate. The movement of Bigfoot was hard to do even with a professional athlete. They say holding this kind of movement while being comfortable in a costume is very uncomfortable to do perfectly for a hoax. In my opinion the Patterson footage looks authentic. History channel's monster quest tried to replicate the Patterson film with limited to no success. Just remember it was filmed in the 1960's where this would be impossible to do with a computer at the time.

edit on 15-5-2011 by paranormal78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Here is one of the videos I find compelling. A human being simply can NOT run on all fours like that, especially not in a bulky costume. It could be a gorilla .. but what's a gorilla doing on Prince Edward Island?

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anyway to embed a Facebook video.

PEI Bigfoot Video

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hhott

Good bigfoot video hhott! Pretty compelling. Just wish the camera wasn't so blurry. Any way that's one detail I forgot to mention that they are fast! 35 mph!? that's gotta be a record for an ape-like creature. that's About as fast as my gas powered motorized bicycle. Thanks for showing this video.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
The biggest problem with the Patterson Footage that I've found is that it actually shows TWO identical Bigfoots heading in different directions. So he either got extra super lucky, or there were two takes.

It does?? I've never seen this video. Can you provide a link please?

2nd line.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStargal52
Has anyone ever gave this a thought that Big Foot's are a cousins or they are related to the Neanderthals‘??

I have I considered the possibility that they are either the left over creatures of the Neanderthals’ .. there are fossils of what appears to be human foot imprints so to me even though we have no DNA or proof only tells me that they still have the alien personalities .. and that means they cans sense when or where to be as to remain not visible to us most of the time and leave no clues most of the time.. .. a bit strange to think of them this way but its just my own conclusion that makes any sense as to why they remain so secretive

Most likely they are the descendents of Gigantapithicus. Google it. Fascinating creature. Officially alive and roaming around until very recently - anthropologically speaking.

They appear to be identical to descriptions of modern BF sightings...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Most likely they were the descendants of Gigantapithicus.

i agree with you jimbo999.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78

Most likely they were the descendants of Gigantapithicus.

i agree with you jimbo999.

Thanks. Yes, if there ever was a dead ringer for Sasquatch in the fossil records - it has to be Gigantapithicus. The similarities are far too numerous...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join