It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural Born Citizen Definition scrubbed from ALL online dictionairies<--JUST POINTING THIS OUT..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormgodess

It is in the OED: oxforddictionaries.com...

I'd consider this debunked.
edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

It is in the OED: oxforddictionaries.com...

I'd consider this debunked.

I respect your opinion, but the Wiki article was referring to the three word phrase Natural Born Citizen, in oxford and webster dictionaries

Dictionaries The Oxford English Dictionary and Webster's International Dictionary (3rd edition) define it as a person who becomes a CITIZEN at birth (as opposed to becoming one later). Blacks Law Dictionary (9th Edition) defines 'Natural Born Citizen' as "A person born within the jurisdiction of a national government".

edit on 6-5-2011 by Stormgodess because: thought I would add the quote again

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Opinion? Did you click the links? This is not opinion. It's fact. I got that link FROM the Wiki link you provided. In the history section. Do you understand that this phrase is an adjective? Seems not. This is debunked. Wherever you got this gem, it's bogus.

Originally posted by Stormgodess
I am not looking for the Definition for Natural Born Citizen...I know what the Def. is....I just wanted to point out that the Definitions that were online, are no longer there.--Thanks to those that gave Defs. though, sorry the thread itself is not clear.

This info is from another message board. I am not sure how much I am allowed to post from there. But, I felt as though it was too important not to post.

Just try it yourself, Google Natural Born Citizen; definition
You would expect you would get a result for some kind of online dictionary. You don't the only result you get that isn't some type of conspiracy web site is for Wikipedia:

BOTH Natural born AND natural born citizen now return NO RESULTS in searches on ALL active online dictionaries, with the sole exception of Wikipedia, redirects to Wikipedia, and quotes from Wikipedia. The reason this is important is because right now, there is an ongoing debate over at Wikipedia due to the scrubbing of references to Emerich De Vattel's work Law of Nations, right after Obama released his long form.

Even up to last week. I have been steadily researching this subject for a few years now, and have read the definition on ALL of the above links. I found this out today because they were all bookmarked, and I wanted to refute the discussion on Wikipedia after they scrubbed the definition from Law Of Nations. As I opened each link, I found that EVERY ONE OF THEM said there was no definition found. THEY WERE ALL THERE A WEEK AGO!

edit on 6-5-2011 by Stormgodess because: Hopefully to clear up some misunderstandings

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Opinion? Did you click the links? This is not opinion. It's fact. I got that link FROM the Wiki link you provided. In the history section. Do you understand that this phrase is an adjective? Seems not. This is debunked. Wherever you got this gem, it's bogus.

Yes I clicked the link... and the definition was this....

adjective having a specified innate characteristic or ability:Glen was a natural-born sailor archaic having a position by birth.

That is not the same definition mentioned in the Wiki article which was the one I just posted above.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Are these the links you mean? The definition of natural born citizen was in ALL these places and now it's gone? Kinda doubt it.

Originally posted by Bronco51082
Something is going on here any thoughts? very strange timing

Natural Born Citizen

[link to dictionary.cambridge.org]

[link to www.merriam-webster.com]

[link to www.webster-dictionary.org]

[link to oxforddictionaries.com]

[link to www.onelook.com]

[link to encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com]

[link to www.yourdictionary.com]

[link to wordcentral.com]

[link to www.ldoceonline.com]

[link to nhd.heinle.com]

[link to encarta.msn.com]

[link to www.hyperdictionary.com]

[link to www.macmillandictionary.com]

This wouldn't have anything to do with your little quest, would it?

WHY IS THE RIGHT HELPING OBAMA REWRITE THE DEFINITION OF NATURAL BORN CITIZEN?

Sorry to be blunt, but this is bordering on insane.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The wiki article under DICTIONARIES has this....Please note that the definition is for NATURAL BORN CITIZEN, that is from the Websters and Oxford Dictionaries. So, this is saying that the Oxford Dictionary had a Definition for the PHRASE "NATURAL BORN CITIZEN". My point for this whole thread is this.... WHY IS IT NO LONGER THERE? As with yes, the sites you provided above.

As far as opinion.....I was not referring to the links that you posted... But to your conclusion that this is DEBUNKED....THAT IS YOUR OPINION

Wiki article....

en.wikipedia.org...

Dictionaries

The Oxford English Dictionary and Webster's International Dictionary (3rd edition) define it as a person who becomes a citizen at birth (as opposed to becoming one later).

Blacks Law Dictionary (9th Edition) defines 'Natural Born Citizen' as "A person born within the jurisdiction of a national government".

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
No, to be BLUNT.... What is insane.... Is that anyone would tolerate being locked out of scholarly works, due to politics!!!!

You seem to claim I have some kind of Agenda, when it seems at this point, YOU are the one with the Agenda!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by newcovenant

What was wrong with "indigenous people?"

Natural really tells us nothing. Is there another kind of born citizen? We are all born. The most definitive part of the expression is citizen. Why would a three word phrase be in a dictionary anyway? I never came across it. I won't miss it either.

Yes, it's called Native Born. itooktheredpill.wordpress.com...

That is a blog. It is not a dictionary. I think people are making this stuff up as we go along.
Whatever it takes to make Obama look bad. Now we have him ripping things out of the dictionary. Next we should hear he was shredding a Bible and killing a kitten.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
www.wordreference.com...

www.wordreference.com...

Also, could this have anything to do with this?

RED ALERT!!! Massive cover-up underway in the White House!

and this?

www.godlikeproductions.com...

There is NO proof whatsoever that these terms were ever in these dictionaries. NONE.

Birther crap!!!!!!!!

I was just about to suggest what someone at GLP suggested. Please scan some hardcopy dictionaries and upload the pics as PROOF that this term was ever there, in all these dictionaries.

Barring that, I suggest you write to all these sites and demand an explanation

I'm out. this is too insane for words.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

do you mean this???search.yahoo.com... from a page on the link search.yahoo.com...

The Conclusive Definition Of "Natural-Born Citizen"
Natural-born citizens of the United States are those who are citizens of the United States from birth without having to perform any act to acquire or perfect their American citizenship. These are those whose parents are citizens of the United States at the time of their birth. Natural-born American citizens are those born of American citizen parents, within or without the American Republic, provided in the latter case that one of the parents had resided in the United States prior to the birth of the child. Their American citizenship is natural, the result of parentage, and not artificial or acquired by compliance with legislative provisions. A natural-born citizen is one not made by law or otherwise, but born. And this class is the large majority, in fact, the mass of our citizens; all others are exceptions specially provided for by law. A natural-born citizen is defined as one whose citizenship is established by the jurisdiction which the United States already has over the parents of the child, not what is thereafter acquired by choice of residence in this country.
so your point is????

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
You people just can't let this go...lol

#1 Why would the Phrase "Natural Born Citizen" be in a dictionary?... although "Idiot Birther" should be.

#2 When did wikipedia become a factual source? I can go change it right now

#3 Someone said there is a screenshot of some sort showing "Natural Born Citizen" being in the dictionary?... WHY!?! Ask yourself why someone would randomly take a screenshot of that? You guys got all high tech and broke down Obama's birth certificate to the pixel and deduced that it was a fake, but a screenshot can't be faked?

#4 Who spun the key in your back and got you wound up in the newest CT?... why are they trying to keep you occupied on this BS and not focused on SERIOUS issues right now?!? You're being played for a sucker. I swear this is the modern day version of sticking an idiot in a round room and telling him to go sit in the corner.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yeah. Coincidentally, out of the blue, I had checked ALL those links just the week before and now ZOMG they're all gone! Yeah well if they scrubbed, they missed quite a few

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
You people can turn this into a "BIRTHER" "AFTER BIRTHER" "TEA BAGGIN", whatever issue!

What is so disturbing, is that so many will just roll over, because it is convenient, politically correct, or just too damn much trouble to do anything else. And allow our rights to access information, to be stripped away, by WHOEVER is in office.

I COULDN'T STAND BUSH!!!--The Patriot Act was one of the most disturbing pieces of Legislation to pass in History!

I LOATHE OBAMA!!!!--He has spent Millions to hide information that should have been VERIFIED before he was ever elected!

They All squash our rights

You all have your opinions....And I have mine!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I think OP is either political trolling or engaging in outright fabrication. None of the online dictionaries have "scrubbed" definitions for "Natural Born Citizen" because none of them ever HAD such a listing.

Online dictionaries have the exact same definitions as regular dictionaries (obviously), and no regular dictionary has a definition for "Natural Born Citizen" either.

I cracked open my printed, real world dictionary sitting here on my desk and guess what - no such entry for "Natural Born Citizen". The closest you can come is "Natural Born", which ~Lucidity has already given to you. Even my printed real-word encyclopedia has no entry for "Natural Born Citizen".

Go to the Wikipedia page on "Natural born citizen clause of the U.S. Constitution" and they too will give you the definition for "Natural Born"; but not for "Natural Born Citizen", since no such entry has ever existed.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines "natural born" as "having a specified innate characteristic or ability" or the archaic "having a position by birth".[2]

AND... if you really want to prove such a scrubbing took place, why not post a link to a Google cached version of such a dictionary entry? You can't because none ever existed to begin with.

Sorry OP but you should know that people (well some people) on this site seek to DENY ignorance.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Quite a few?????

What the Wordreference site? The others posted here arent online dictionaries? And to be honest, I never heard of Wordreference.

Oh and The oxford link for Native Born....Sorry, guess I was so upset about the Native Born Citizen definition being scrubbed, that I didnt notice they left a crap definition for Native Born.??

Keep trying, whatever..... Like I said before, you have your opinion and I have mine.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Your right this is being done because Obamas daddy was not born in America so the Prez cannot be a natural born citizen can he? That would mean he should not be sitting where he is...
edit on 6-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: Cap for America

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

But WE are right and YOU are wrong. This is no longer opinion based. I propose HOAX status.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The World Book Dictionary
i863.photobucket.com...
Natural Born
i863.photobucket.com...

Nat|u|ral Born (Nach'er el Born', Nach'rel-), adj.

1 That is so by nature, born so: a natural born boxer, a natural born fool. 2 Native of a country; not alien: a natural born citizen or subject.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I've posted at least five or six links to online definitions.

No. I have my opinion, and you have absolutely no proof.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormgodess
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The World Book Dictionary
i863.photobucket.com...
Natural Born
i863.photobucket.com...

Nat|u|ral Born (Nach'er el Born', Nach'rel-), adj.

1 That is so by nature, born so: a natural born boxer, a natural born fool. 2 Native of a country; not alien: a natural born citizen or subject.

Outstanding, No Really that's Great...... you did what lucidity did 30 minutes ago , congratulations... Now find "Natural Born Citizen" since that's what you've been complaining was mysteriously wiped from the web.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join