It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice the line of earthquakes across the US???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I check the earthquake.usgs,gov site for earthquake updates often and I have noticed a strange pattern happening within the last week or so. See my photo...

now add a red line

I viewed the 8 day animation and it appears there were a few other earthquakes along this line in different locations.

Is this a common trend to see?

What does everyone else think?

Here a link to the map you see above (It gets updated frequently)
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Here is a link to the animation of the last 8 days worth of maps
earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 6-5-2011 by tenpensdown because: To add links

edit on 6-5-2011 by tenpensdown because: add scroll bars... thanks david

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I have noticed it and it does concern me.

I've also noticed more than a few that DON'T show up on the USGS map, but it may be due to the timings of when I have looked. Don't know for sure.

Anyhow... I've not seen such a distinctive line of them drawn out before, and that's REALLY strange to me.

Great find!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Do you have a link?
Pretty please?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tenpensdown

earthquakes where there have never been earthquakes before would be of concern to me as well....

maybe a new faultline?

there is so much division in the usa nowadays maybe momma earth is reacting to it

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is common,these earthquake lines are caused by the plates entire front..there were also quakes recorded across lower mexico today(may 5)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't know why people are acting like there have never been earthquakes there. There are earthquakes any place there are mountains. The Earth is connected, if it starts moving on one side its bound to start moving on the other side. Nothing at all unusual whatsoever. We are in a period of increased siesmic activity. Not good for us, but not unusual either. It happens. It happened before the gov't, before harp, and doesn't require any gods for it to occur naturally. Of all the things to worry about in a consipiracy forum, that has got to be the least.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's common as of late at least in the Pacific Northwest, some places always seem to show on the maps(San Fran), as they are commonly active, but small enough to not cause concern. I do feel they are more common now because of the current Pacific Rim activity.
There's some good topics from the past months on these concerns in this Fragile Earth Forum, but always good to let people who are unaware of the activity to be more aware.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by siren8

Yeah I'm not sure either. But the pattern I am asking about. Is that a common occurrence? I haven't been watching long enough to know. I was just pointing it out. If you draw a straight line from the one in Mexico to the one in Maine, a bunch of earthquakes fall right along that line. It stood out to me as odd because of how they all lined up.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I notice they start larger southwest and reduce as the line goes northeast.

Also... I'm having problems doing screenshots... can copy into paint program but can't get them onto ATS forum... can you help me from there?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

it isnt common but it usually occurs when lower mexico has its earthquakes,it looks like maybe a shockwave disturbs another plate or something..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
does that line continue to Maine? they just had a swarm of small earthquakes the other day

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

Yes it does... i dont know if everyone can see all the way to the right of the map I posted but the straight line is actually drawn from the gulf of mexico EQ to the EQ in Maine
edit on 6-5-2011 by tenpensdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
It appears that the northern two clusters could line up and cross the southern line of earthquakes. Also I'm pretty sure that the area in which they connect is around the point where the levee was blown recently.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by tenpensdown
Yes it does... i dont know if everyone can see all the way to the right of the map I posted but the straight line is actually drawn from the gulf of mexico EQ to the EQ in Maine

Edit the post from saying

atsimg
enclosed in brackets to just

img
enclosed in brackets

and scroll bars will appear on the picture.

David Grouchy

edit on 6-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Here's a current map of the US:

Current USGS US map

I was noticing this the past couple of days too, although I wouldn't include the Gulf of California quakes in the line. Two different systems, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say that they may affect each other.

I would draw the line from Texas up into the far NE corner of the country. They have all occured in the past two days. They aren't that abnormal, especially lately. It is just the timing and alignment to the naked eye that makes it stand out. I wouldn't read too much into it....YET. Keep an eye on it. If we see more quakes falling into this pattern and then getting larger, it would be time to really wonder. Right now, I think it's most likely random.
edit on 6-5-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is kind of a stretch but the location of the northern cluster reminded me of a thread I saw earlier. The thread talks about a weather anomaly just north of Portland shown on a few different radars.
Link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SameLameName
This is kind of a stretch but the location of the northern cluster reminded me of a thread I saw earlier. The thread talks about a weather anomaly just north of Portland shown on a few different radars.
Link
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok.... that has nothing to do with what is posted here. If you talking about Portland Maine..... maybe, but your refering to Portland Oregon. Thats way off from where the focus is. Off Topic....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

I apologize I didn't mean to confuse you, and in fact I was talking about Portland, Oregon. I do not believe I was far off topic because I said earlier the northern two clusters north of Portland and those just east of them could line up and cross the southern line of earthquakes.

The intersection of both lines seems to be the location around where they blew the levee in Missouri, which I considered a bit weird especially when they flooded countless acres of farmland to save Cairo a rather poor and small city.
edit on 6-5-2011 by SameLameName because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I've been watching that line develop for about six months now, just waiting for the US to split open along it. It isn't just the past few days that it's appeared. I wish the USGS made a map showing more than just the past week; one week is about a femtosecond, geologically-speaking. Let's see if I can find one anywhere... well, this one's the best I can find so I guess I'll have to make one myself when I get time...

See the shaded area going from Baja to Maine? That. And that's only the ones bigger than 5.0. It's really hard to see... maybe if we give them some more tax dollars...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Very interesting. Yes I wish they had a map that would plot out all the earthquakes over the past couple of years. I imagine we would see this line defined even more. Especially if you have been noticing this for a while now. I know you can pull the history of EQ's with there magnitude and coordinates from that site. I have no idea how I could apply that to a map though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join