It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN poll Ron Paul trails Obama by only 7%

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Watching the FOX news "Debate" tonight (and I use the term debate VERY losely given who DIDN'T show up), Ron Paul appeared to be the crowd favorite.

Yes he did. Fox News decided to back Cain though.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I just sent in some funds to my man Paul. I am getting all of my liberal friends aboard too.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
CNN Poll

Who does best against Obama? Paul. The congressman from Texas, who also ran as a libertarian candidate for president in 1988 and who is well liked by many in the tea party movement, trails the president by only seven points (52 to 45 percent) in a hypothetical general election showdown. Huckabee trails by eight points, with Romney down 11 points to Obama.

This is epic for Ron Paul supporters and he hasn't even started campaigning yet
So if your one of those the government suck Obama lies sorts like many of us. Now is the time to put your support where your mouth is. Get out and give Paul a hand he can definitely win this.

I figured Ron Paul would be higher than that? Ron Paul tends to do well in polls, and then he fails miserably on election night the minute somebody notices he wants to eliminate medicare.

Maybe right slanted voters will be consistent this time, actually vote libertarian, not carry it around for image sake.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Crap.. wrong post PLEASE DELETE.
edit on 6-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Wasn't audit the fed watered-down?

Eventually, a compromise between representatives and senators was reached and a watered-down version was passed as part of the landmark Wall Street reform package.

www.americanfreepress.net...

Isn't this the reason Father and son sponsored bills to pass a stronger version this year?

The critters are impotent.

My point is that as much as I would like a Ron Paul as President, it will do no good. He has been largely ignored in Congress and IMO the same will happen if he were President. Sure he could veto this or try an executive order, but Congress has ways of dealing with that.

I rather see more people like Ron Paul in Congress.

Let me get this straight... Your reasons people should not waste time supporting Ron Paul are because congress would not support many of his freedom and liberty oriented bills?... Sigh! So people should allow another hack to get in there and continue with business as usual i.e. the destruction of our rights and freedoms, the stealing of our wealth and property, shilling for the banksters, big oil, and military industrial complex, etc. etc... There are many words I cannot use on this forum to describe you but would like to, however lets just say; intelligent, logical and smart are not among them. If not for people like you there probably would be more people like Ron Paul in congress.

The audit the fed bill is probably his most significant bill passed. Even though it is watered down now it still has brought much needed attention to the Fed and what it is doing. He also passed the Coinage act of 1983/85? I believe allowing US minted gold and silver coins as legal tender again reversing some of Roosevelt's new deal BS. This is more significant then it seems on the surface.

Also 107th H Amend to HR 4546 - Amending a spending bill to dictate that no funding from this bill be used to support the Internation Criminal Court, passed 264-162.
108th H.R. 154 - To exclude certain properties from the John H. Chafee Coastal Barrier Resources System.

As president Ron Paul could do some very significant things like defund/disband all the alphabet agencies that are under the executive, bring the troops home as commander and chief, and a host of other things that fall under the executive branch. So one has to wonder what your point is and or your agenda in suggesting it is a waste of time for people to support such a man for president in favor of continuing the status quo which has led to the brink of disaster and will lead off the cliff soon.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

That is VERY fair because often, the people are warned by both sides of the same bird not to idolize certain politicians.

I guarantee that if you elect Ron Paul, he will pull the same stuff that Obama and every other sock puppet president has pulled.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Is it just me or did Ron Paul DOMINATE!!!! that debate only to have 25 hand picked members of the audience shout for Cain?

I could've sworn after watching the whole thing through that Paul was the only candidate to receive consistent applause the entire way through the debate including whistles.

on top of that all of the polls online showed Ron Paul as the winner of this debate by a MASSIVE amount I even saw an 83% win for Paul on one.

then all of a sudden fox comes out and says it was Cain and shows a dial graph of Cains most applauded moment and somehow makes it seem like Cain won out when clearly it was Paul.

Crap 80% of the time the camera spent looking at the audience it even appeared that they were affixed with Paul.

Also since fox's announcement of the winner all of the actual poll data has been pulled and is no longer available. so now all we have is a video of people who seem to have scripted response.

Dunno just food for thought i guess.

In terms of leadership, Cain is not able.
edit on 6-5-2011 by reedbananaboat because: I had to edit.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by UcDat

That is VERY fair because often, the people are warned by both sides of the same bird not to idolize certain politicians.

I guarantee that if you elect Ron Paul, he will pull the same stuff that Obama and every other sock puppet president has pulled.

As much as I love a good conspiracy do you have anything to back that claim up with? Just asking because from all I've seen he's being honest and whats more his words match his action....
edit on 6-5-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

You know, if Ron Paul actually believd the stuff he says, he would spend his time trying to get more like-minded people into CONGRESS instead of considering a run for President. Congress is where the true power is. Just ask any lobbyist.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join