It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silver prices down 27% oil below $100.00 a barrel

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
money onlyhas value if we accept it has value.

in this day and age. 'precious metals' are pretty much the same. Unless you are going to barter for chickens with gold, you are still going to sell your gold for some kind of cash.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Time to purchase more commodities!!

I give it another week down tops...

If I'm wrong, so be it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It went up as I expected, but something fishy went on the last few days, I heard something about a correction that was done but I am not sure of where I heard of it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The OP sounds like he wants an investment that only goes in one direction...UP. Well good luck!

Actually, one does exist. Buy top quality freeze dried foods with a shelf life of 20-30 years. Guaranteed food prices will keep going up and in an emergency will keep you alive. Silver and gold are not easily digested.,

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Food, water purification and bullets are the best investment IMO. Coming in a close fourth is fishing equipment.
edit on Sat, 14 May 2011 17:48:54 -0500 by TKDRL because: beer + typing = too much editing.....

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Food runs out
Bullets Run out
Water Purification tablets run out
Fishing Kit does not.
That, Snares, and a sharp knife should be your no1.
2. Flint and Steel
3, Water Tabs
4, Condoms (what are you going to hold you water in?)(bet you didn't think of condoms did you. also used over the muzzle of your gun to keep dirt out.

Anything else is window dressing

on the silver.

Buy the dips. go long. the COMEX is close to crapping it's pants.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Maybe it is the country boy in me, but in the food catagory, is seeds. I grow a lot of my own veggies. Learning to grow, and how to properly take and store seeds is a must!

As for water, it does not have to be tablets, there are other ways. Knowledge is key really. Bullets run out sure, but having the knowhow to go from tree to longbow can remedy that if it ever goes that far.

Traps can be made out of anything really, I do keep plenty of snare wire though, that is a great point. I have piano wire, and cheaper wire to catch small game with.

If you are going for water in condoms, make sure it is not lubricated and spermicidal kind!

I prefer to keep my water in barrels myself, or on the run in my bladder bag for now.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm just saying, you gotta use whatever you can!

Yep I can go with seeds, and the longbow sure would be a good hunting tool. But you can't make onw without a good knife.

Even to get the sinews from your kill to make the cord.

So lets see we have

1, Knife / Flint
2, Hunting / Fishing Gear
3, Water Purifying stuff
3, Seeds
4, Condoms (I am sticking with this, its the military training)
5, Guns and ammo
6, Humvee (these will be pretty easy to get in an apocalypse scenario, just kick out the charred corpse of P-Diddy
8, Solar power recharger for playing angry birds on your ipod, to keep boredom away!

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Invest in Helium-3.. it's the future.

It's quite expensive though, around $4 mill per kilo.

edit on 14-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
How it works......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0f0882b9f23a.png[/atsimg]

It's legal to own guns, food stores, water filters etc AND precious metals.

When did it become an either/or proposition ?

But....

Gold and Silver are a means of protecting one's hard earned wealth against the ravages of currency depreciation. Investors run the gamut from high net worth individuals and funds with buku dinero to protect...to millions of mom & pop savers looking to transfer substantial amounts of dollars out of US treasuries to the safety of precious metals. Are the guns & ammo over Gold & Silver crowd really suggesting that these people rent warehouse space and hoard semi-truck loads of weapons, freeze dried food, and concertina wire ?

Enter Gold & Silver.

Think about it guys.

edit on 15-5-2011 by OBE1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join