It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why dont some aliens have souls?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
this is one thats had me confused for some time. people claim that humans have souls, the human type aliens have souls. but they also that greys have no souls as well as reptilians. how exactly did they come to these conclusions. why is it that a grand creator of all life and the universe (i have no preception of god beyond this, i dont know if that effects it) give only certain species souls. and why do we just generalize that certain types have souls.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Let us first prove the existence of aliens before we speculate on whether they have "souls" or not.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Turiddu

i really dont focus on this part of aliens im just curious about that because ive heard alot of differnt scources say that

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

From my understanding it's not a matter of not having a soul. It's a matter of having bred out the emotional body and only using the mental/logical body. When a person no longer has an emotional body they can be seen as not having a soul because they are unable to love. Thus, over time they have evolved (devolved?) into no longer having that aspect of self available to them. Think Vulcans on steroids.
edit on 5-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

interesting thought but how do we know they have no emotions, or if our preceptions of them having no emotions are just based on encounters of aliens who can deactivate ttem at will

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

They don't wear shoes!

I'll be here all week!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The same reason some humans don't have souls.

I guess you have to ask the question; what is a soul?

Is a soul the spirit in us that makes us who we are?
Is a soul the energy that makes us alive?
Is the soul the thing that makes morality in people?
Or is it a combination of the above?

Many people would say that aliens don't have souls because they seem to not have a connection/fear/or understanding of death, that they kill and dissect humans indiscriminately with no compassion. Is this because they don't have a soul, or is it because the see humans the same way that we see frogs?

Others say that they seem to never show emotion; but an advanced species may have evolved into purely logical beings and since emotion clouds logic, they would've learned and/or adapted to be immune to the disadvantages of "emotion".

However; if its true that the "soul" is just a reflection of the energy thats a person (which is what I believe), then it can be said that aliens do indeed have souls, and that everything has a soul, rocks, trees, animals, etc. Everything seems to be affected by emotion, even things that don't necessarily show emotion. (even plants and rocks can be affected by positive and negative energy)

So I guess, Yeah... aliens have souls. Doesn't mean they have the same belief about souls, morals, and/or god that most people do.

S&F for posing an interesting question.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

i think my problem is that i have no definate idea of what exactly a soul is. i think its some form of unknown energy force that powers all life. so i guess its more idea of how the aliens act, i still dont get why its only some specific types that have souls humans, pledians(still dont what exactly those are)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkCloud45

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

interesting thought but how do we know they have no emotions, or if our preceptions of them having no emotions are just based on encounters of aliens who can deactivate ttem at will

I suppose we don't know. I was just regurgitating something I had read on the topic that made sense to me.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

i guess it all depends on peoples preception, an alien would probably seem like alot more of an asshole if its shoving a probe up you. than if your just investigating them

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Because to have a soul you must first exist...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

valid point

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
My take on it:

The people that talk about it have no idea what they are talking about. They make things up and adopt other people's fantasy as their own belief.

I'm not saying Aliens don't exist, nor am I saying they have never been here, or humans have never interacted with them.

But in my own opinion, 99.99% of these people that claim vast knowledge of different races, the way those races look/act/feel etc are either completely making things up, or suffer from some sort of serious metal illness and actually believe these things. Then there are others who don't even claim to have interaction with ETs, yet still take it as fact that they exist, and more specifically exist in the exact manner other people are telling them.

The same goes for a soul. Who knows what a soul is. Who knows what aliens exist. So in my eyes when people say "oh this specific alien race does this or that blah blah blah" they instantly loose credibility in my eyes.

I believe there is something that exists in sentient creatures, and we call that thing a "soul" because our minds are not capable of actually comprehending what it is. I believe Aliens exist, and possibly have visited this planet, but not for one minute do I believe in the neatly laid out account of "Reptilians are evil aliens, grays are soulless robots, the Lion aliens are our saviors etc etc" Just a bunch of made of sci-fi from bored or sick people.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Whos to say that they dont? Maybe they do.

Fact is, we dont know anything about ETs much less if they even have souls or not.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I think all aliens have souls, but I think they have different souls than humans of course, I think in aliens soul can be a little cold from a human's point of view. But if we get along with them and find the few things we have in common, we can meet and maybe the alien will spare you, not joking.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is a soul nothing more than a religious ideal, or is it something which exists in all living things? How can we know. Good question though!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'd say we have yet to conclusively show existance of either one (though I do believe alien life exists) so to try and debate the existance of both at the same time is a bit presumptuous.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I always put ti down to species that were perhaps engineered by other species had no souls. But then the Greys are probably amoung the longest existing civilisations I mean look at how long insects have been around on earth.

It's a dam good question and I realise as I sit here trying to answer it I HAVE NO CLUE!

One could speculate that perhaps the creator (whatever He/She/It is awards souls to species that earn them but how can we possibly know that short of meeting our maker

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dashdragon

once again ive read this in several books and websites, and was curious why people are assuming things about stuff we havent proven yet

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join