It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The very FIRST conspiracy you became aware of, and when?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I think my first was the sinking of Estonia.

The talks about weapon smuggling and the supposed explosions caught my interests.
+ the fact that Sweden ( it was Sweden if I remember correctly ) forbids investigating the wreck and got it to be put into concrete ( or concrete shell, dno how the expression is in English language ).

EDIT: I really don't remember when it caught my interest, maybe like 5 years ago?
edit on 6-5-2011 by Mr.Andreas because: Forgot to add something.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Roswell growing up I was a sci-fi nut and remember reading about in the 70's

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
By random coincidence, I came across Jesse Ventura's videos. I found out government isn't all that it's said to be.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I was aware of many conspiracy theories in the past, but the one that I actually researched and became vocal about was 9/11, which then opened a flood gate of other conspiracy theories and pushed me on a path of swimming through waves of disinformation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I was very young my father pointed out a(masonic) symbol on a building and said those people run the world he continued saying if they tell you something you do it. being young and rebellious i replied only you mom and god have the right to tell me what to do. he got mad and replied "these people can make you dissappear" yea but only god can put us in hell i replied that was the end of the conversation i think my father realized i would never lay down or shut up for anyone he never brought up the symbol or mason again. i'm not sure if i realized then that it was conspiracy. but i did know that truth and freedom come before all else

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, the thirty-fifth President of the United States, was assassinated at 12:30 p.m. Central Standard Time (18:30 UTC) on Friday, November 22, 1963 - when i was 13 - i knew the chauffeur shot him.
read:
Haslam - Dr Marys Monkey and Lee&Me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was about 12 years old and noticed the fluoride warning on the back of my toothpaste, you know the "If ingested please contact poison control" needless to say when i arrived at school the next morning i looked it up on the internet and found out it was used in Nazi Germany, It's been an upward spiral ever since! (downward?) next came Aspartame, Mercury and that's when i started to suspect the possibility of a hidden agenda.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was in the first grade when my teacher informed the class that Columbus discovered America. I found this notion to be bizarre. So I raised my hand and asked how this made any sense, as the Native Americans had already been settled her for a long time. She flipped, because in order to stay in line with the curriculum, she had to deny the truth of what I was saying. It was from this point that I realized there was a conspiracy by the state to push political agendas in the classroom. Well, I didn't think of it like that, it was more like...this is nonsense. Realize that these "teachers" are fully capable of trying to feed you nonsense. Check.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I was in the first grade when my teacher informed the class that Columbus discovered America. I found this notion to be bizarre. So I raised my hand and asked how this made any sense, as the Native Americans had already been settled her for a long time. She flipped, because in order to stay in line with the curriculum, she had to deny the truth of what I was saying. It was from this point that I realized there was a conspiracy by the state to push political agendas in the classroom. Well, I didn't think of it like that, it was more like...this is nonsense. Realize that these "teachers" are fully capable of trying to feed you nonsense. Check.

Lol so true. I remember in my 3rd grade class I had to write an essay describing how Colombus descovered "America". In that class I remember being specifically taught America and not "the Americas". So when I got home and needed help so I asked my father (quite the conspirator) for help with the essay. He went got me some old Atlas and went on to show how Colombus didn't discover America but landed on San Salvador (El Salvador) made a trek from central America to South America with the exact route taken by ship. Of course I wrote up this essay and got a C- with the teacher explaining that it wasn't something that was taught in school the day before. I'll never forget that.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not sure what the first was, but one of the earliest and most memorable ones was when I asked my father where AIDS came from and he said the government (maybe CIA, but I was young... maybe 10ish and in the late 80s). He was kinda laughing (he is a joker), but when I asked more, he calmly explained that some people believe that to be the case. I swear I was never the same after that!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i'm guessing many of you youngin's aren't familiar with the Kecksburg, PA alien crash, Dec/1965.
it was the kind of conspiracy where the whole Town was eliminated, even from the maps of the day.
Even now, you can google the location but the 'town' won't be indicated, because it has been scrubbed or absorbed by neighboring communities, but i can tell you, it wasn't far from where i was raised in western PA.

then, if that wasn't a big enough introduction to the 'conspiracy realm', we had Area 51, Roswell, JFK, Reagan, the Isle of Wight, Amelia Earhart, WWII 'refugees' (who many knew were 'evil' drs of one kind or another), Three Mile Island (and its non-impact), the Berlin Wall, '___' and the govt. uses of it, hahahahaha oh yea, Reefer Madness !!! what a conspiracy that was. Seems i entered this lifetime at the peak of conspiracies only to survive in the realization that many were just truths, withheld.
ps: oh yeah, thanks for reminding me guys ... the infamous political frenzied Watergate ... hey question for the youngins out there ... which political figure-head has been in 'control' of one kind or another since Nixon ???
Cheney ring a bell for anyone? it should, he was a member of Nixon's cabinet.
*** some days, i wonder if the whole Watergate mess was nothing more than a diversion tactic.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

well said!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
For me it was 9/11. I was 13 when it went down and I was 15 or 16 when I started to realize that something was off with all the information. I can't remember why I was looking into it then but it opened my eyes for sure. I eventually found the loose change video and did other reasearch on the subject for a while. Many questions still no answers...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

This is such a great question, for me it wasn't really a conspiracy but a rude awakening. When I was a young man of 19 I met a gentlemen who explained the tax system, trust, and the Federal Reserve. When I found out the Federal Reserve was a private organization I thought he was crazy. I did the research, read the documents and found out it is the public at large that is crazy for standing for it. Once you understand a closed or open financial system boy have we been screwed for decades. What you legislate, appropriate, or ingratiate with money it means nothing if someone else controls the check book. I was stunned to say the least.

Today you will find to many people who don't get this concept, and why we have never really ever been without debt. I have met so many people, very smart people, and financial people who don't believe it. It really is as simple as borrowing 100 dollars @ 5% putting it into circulation, how do you ever repay the 5% interest you only have 100 dollars.

Then ask yourself to follow digital money from beginning to end. Federal Reserve = Racket they have never been audited, they make their own rules, they answer to no one especially the public. The most powerful person in the world you learn is not the president of the US but the head of the Fed.

I don't know if this constitutes a conspiracy but the way they operate in secret and with no one in the government or the media asking questions or telling the public sure makes it feel like one.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

would you count aged 9 and reading in a topper annual where the camera would keep zooming out room, street, town, etc to the universe then a marble and two aliens playing marbles. after i read that that it blew my young mind away, since then ive always explored different ways of looking at things, anythings possible!

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: mysterioustranger

would you count aged 9 and reading in a topper annual where the camera would keep zooming out room, street, town, etc to the universe then a marble and two aliens playing marbles. after i read that that it blew my young mind away, since then ive always explored different ways of looking at things, anythings possible!

Good day! Yours is the 1st reply in 7 years to my thread here!...

And in those 7 years since? Many, many more "dubious" explanations to things have come into question becoming "challenged".

Always question everything, trust your instincts, and keep an open mind!

The "truth" is out there....thanks for the reply....best

M.S.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join