It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The very FIRST conspiracy you became aware of, and when?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It was definitely Roswell, and I was at highschool. It took great attention of mine and I never lost that until today

2nd line.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

it was between K-3rd grade...the two conspiracies were Santa Claus and Catholic church rituals in general

since i 'knew' these two things were false fronts, it came naturally that cigarettes=pleasure and then big items like the Kennedy assassinations/VietNam/Politics/Banker elites were all in the same ball park of conspiracies by small groups of controling people

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Not counting Santa, it would probably be the whole U2 spy plane fiasco. My Dad used to like going on about that one when I was little. That was a lot of people's introduction back then to the fact that the government lies to us.
After that was Watergate. I was a paperboy (do they still exist?) and it was hard not to notice the headlines.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
D'oh! Double click!
edit on 6-5-2011 by subject x because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
My first conspiracy .. Roswell event

Second Conspiracy ... 9/11

after that .. cant count them anymore

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
It was Father Christmas because I recognised my dad's slippers under the robe.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
When i found that more than 1 bilion people are starving every day in 21 st century ..you cant get bigger conspiracy than that.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It was the Santa Conspiracy. The whole world seemed to be in on it. I learned that the desire to decieve little children and citizens is a strong one. I still theorize that there may indeed, be a Santa Clause.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Tooth fairy, I guess. Fast forward today and it's the Paul McCartney's dead hoax. For some reason, I started to really look into that a couple months ago and came upon ATS website with more stuff than I ever bargained for! My life has never been the same.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I noticed my mother was smoking light ciggarettes. I saw the holes in the side of the filter and realized they were there to fool the nicoteen measuring machine. It was a conspiracy to fool the feds and it is still going on 40 years later.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The Kennedy assassination I remember hearing about it in grade school as a "history lesson" back in the early 80's.I didnt believe it at all, especially after we watched the video. The head movement of the president is what caught my attention.
I went on to become a Marine Recon sniper later in life. I have tried MANY times with multiple weapons to duplicate this shooting. Guess what- my initial disbelief in grade school was correct. It IS impossible. Go figure. No way can you pull off those three shots with any accuracy from that height and distance at a moving target.with that raggedy bolt action piece of # Oswald was supposedly using.And last time I checked- You get shot in the back of the head your head goes FORWARDS not BACKWARDS....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

This deserves its own thread!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I became aware at a young age that things are not as they seem. My mom was Catholic, and my father was Baptist (neither went to church regularly). They told me that they would not choose for me, that I could decide which religion to follow, so I began attending Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian, Catholic churches in an attempt to make a choice. What I learned was that each of them claimed to be the "true, chosen ones".

I decided I could not trust any of them because I didn't believe they could all be the "the only true religion recognized by God". As young as I was I began to see religion as an organized deception aimed at claiming my mind and soul by using fear and threats to keep me from doing anything because it might be a sin.

I finally decided I would never be as perfect as they expected me to be in order to get to Heaven, so I told God I was going to live my life as best as I could, that I would not murder or steal or deliberately hurt anyone. If any of the other minor "sins" I might commit would keep me out of Heaven, then so be it. I couldn't understand why he would give us the gift of life on earth and then impose so many rules that we were always in fear of being doomed to hell. How much fun is that, and what is the point of being here if it has to be so suffocatingly strict?

Anyway, after discovering this big conspiracy about religion, I realized that I would never trust organizations of any kind if they possessed the self-proclaimed power to dictate how I live or how I think.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I can't remember the first one, but I think I have always been interested with paranormal stuff. I saw a ghost when I was a kid, so that pretty much opened my mind to the concept.

My earliest conspiracy-themed memory I have is watching a documentary on TV about crop circles and cattle mutilations. It pretty much blew my mind, and although I didn't dive headlong into conspiracies, it opened my mind to the world being much more different then it appeared, and every once in a while I'd take a glance at a conspiracy book in the library.

What really turned me on was watching loose change (9/11 conspiracy) on google videos. It was the number 1 google vid back in the day, and to see a video that popular saying that 9/11 was inside job completely blew my mind and scared the crap out of me.

I remember laying in bed, shivering with the idea that the government would plan or let stuff like that happen to its own people.

Now, I'm not surprised at all

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

November 22, 1963

Sister Theresa Mary rolled in the big TV on the high stand during music class. I was ten.

She turned on the TV and we watched the news annoucement about John F. Kennedy being shot.

I remember her whispering to another nun, "They finally got him".

She did not say someone, a single nutty lone gun man, she clearly said, "they".

With the story of Oswald did it, Sister Theresa Mary also said, "wait, he's a patsy and someone else will come along and shut him up but good".

I asked her what she meant and she told me, "Don't believe everything you are told, a lot of grown ups lie and there are some very bad people in very high places."

In retrospect, I always attributed William Bramley's "The Gods of Eden", David Icke's book, "The Biggest Secret" and David Jacob's "The Threat".............but it was really Sister Theresa Mary in grade school and my history teacher in high school that really opened me up to the possiblity that things we are told are not necessarily "the truth".

I cannot even remember her name (senior moment) but my highschool teacher was a tiny little old woman of African American descent and she was quite a enlightened being. She told us "just because it's written in a school book, don't necessarily make it so - were you there?" Were the people that wrote this book there? She had us sit in a circle one day and she began at one end and whispered something to Brenda on her left, Brenda whispered what she was told to the next person and so on...........when the last person whispered to Ms. X what went around, it wasn't the exact same thing as started and that was with a group of about 14 kids within a space of 15 minutes.

Her point: With each person the story changes.

Unless you are standing right there, you don't know for sure and even then you can't be sure.

I was lucky, I had a few teachers that taught me to think for myself, to question authority and the information we are fed.

With my history teacher, she being the granddaughter of a slave and American Indian said that you must always remain skeptical and vigilant in regard to acquiring your information.

She also said to never stop reading, researching, digging for the truth because once you give in and accept what is considered the status quo you essentially give up, hand over your freedom and liberty.

And 911 as was probably Pearl Harbor, false flag operations.

Just do your research............every war has been manipulated by TPTB and most of you keep falling for the same bs everytime.

edit on 6-5-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When i was standing in the Dock for the first time and the two Police Officers involved in my arrest told the biggest set of porkies i have ever heard, the Judge IMHO knew this but still found me guilty. From then on i knew if the whole system was corrupt then we where all Fkd!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

Yep feel for you.

He who has the most money and can afford the best lawyer can get away with anything.

And some of us...................(George W. Bush Jr and his administration, Fannie Mae, AIG, etc) are totally above the law.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It was the conspiracy against cannabis that started me on the road to being aware that something was very amiss. When I looked at the veritable fountain of positive applications, the non-issue of user behavior, and the complete lack of negatives - and compared it to the billions we spend each year to ensure no One uses it (and clearly failing!), I could not reconcile these.

This led to investigation and the discovery of the reasons it is considered "illegal." When I learned that it threatened Hearst's paper forest and not anything to do with problems inherent in the use of the plant.

And on down the rabbit hole I went.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
The first story I ever heard that was a conspiracy theory was the theory that President John F. Kennedy was not killed in Dallas. This was in 1967, and family friends from Rhode Island came to visit us in Pennsylvania. My parents drove the adults down to Washington D.C. to view the JFK grave site at Arlington National Cemetery. The Rhode Islanders believed a story they had heard in their home state that the President was seriously wounded and had suffered brain damage, but was still alive. My parents took them to the grave to convince them that he really had died.

Surprisingly, it did seem to convince them. I guess they were not like todays CTists, everyone knows now that the grave is empty and that he died in Martha's Vineyard in 1988.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The first conspiracy that I became aware of was the Roswell crash. When I was very young I would see documentaries on "Space" channel or the discovery channel about roswell. I became obsessed with aliens and abductions. (Which really freaked me out btw as a young kid).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join