It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The very FIRST conspiracy you became aware of, and when?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Mine was age 10, watching the movie at school that claimed if you smoke pot you'll freak out, jump out windows and be put into an insane asylum.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
when i was about 16-17 years old i stumbled on the book "Chariots of the Gods" and never recovered

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by neowakko

I was 5 yrs old and one day my favorite older brother left with all his stuff for college. Everyone was laughing and chatting as he piled his stuff in. I ran after the car yelling at him to come back. I had no idea the world could change that quickly with no one telling you a thing in advance.

Correct information and wide-eyed awareness is everything.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Around 14 years old when I began using Cannabis. This was the start of me becoming aware that the world is not as it seems. Not because Cannabis gives me some sort of profound understanding, but because it was something I loved so I researched into the topic heavily over the next several years. As anyone who has done substantial research into it knows, it's history is rife with conspiracy from big business and government.

I stopped using Cannabis years ago once I "grew out" of it, but its history opened my eyes to the fact that TPTB don't have our best interests at heart. That all they care about is wealth and control. Once that seed is planted in your mind, then it grows into an understanding, which exposes conspiracies that many are blind to.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
DIA Conspiracy, about 2 years ago, stumbled upon accidentally on internet.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
When I was 12 my mother gave me a Sitchin book - The 12th Planet I think, good read, opened up a whole realm of possibility.

Also, JFK - I always heard talk it wasn't quite right, so I really got into that early on. MK ultra, the works- you know.

The main thing that brought me here, and I guess anchored a lot of the questions I had about the big, bad world etc was 911...
watching that...happen...
I don't know, I can honestly say, I didn't know who to blame but I wasn't convinced we had the whole story...
it got me thinking - big time.

That was probably the trigger for an interest in occult, paranormal, and just generally out there topics, which is a shame 'cos nothings tasted the same since

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
9/11 all the way that ish blew my mind ! i can say that did it . youtube we are change

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Santa Clause,age 1
second line

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I was six years old in sunday school and I had a vision.

All us little kids were sent upstairs while the grownups did something else.
A young lady sat us down in a simicircle and asked if we had heard the story of Abraham and Isaac.

Everyone shook their heads, and she said "Ohhh, well let me read it to you." and she opened a bible.

Abraham takes Isaac up on the mountain to sacrafice him.

The room got dark and I could see them up on the mountain, with little Issac bound and laying on the alter as Abraham stood over him with the knife. I identified with the little kid, and inside myself I said "don't do it. don't do it!"

And the Lord told Abraham to stay his hand, and I was shocked. "Uhhhhh. He heard me!" Then I immediately felt like I was in trouble, but Issac caught the rebound for me and said "Who then shall we sacrafice." And then they saw the Lamb.

That's how it started for me.

/shy furtive look
David Grouchy

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
JFK and the grassy Knoll. No clue how old I was.

And I will be honest, conspiracies annoyed the heck out of me back then. And still do somewhat. I am just here for the aliens.

Actually, at ATS I also like how there is some good factual info mixed in with the crapola. And especially that which we are privy to before other folks.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
It depends on exactly what you mean by a "conspiracy". That could really be anything where any group plots in secret. However, the first real government cover-ups I became aware of was the US Government covering up the events regarding the Branch Davidians in Waco Texas. I believe it was to cover for their own idiocy and moronic handling of the situation, but it still counts as a government conspiracy in my book.

As for the real mind changing moment, well I really wish I could get a chance to prove my theory on the Tokyo Subway Gas Attack. I believe there was serious involvement by the Japanese government to test chemical weapons on their own people. It's only a theory though, and is based on evidence from a professor at a major state university back in Wisconsin, who lead an investigative team into the issue.

All of the evidence I've ever found on it is circumstantial, but every now and again I look into it again, and see if I can dig up anything new.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
definetly 9/11. i believed the OS for a long time, even defended it without researching. then when i DID start researching it i completely changed my opinion and i've found out things that i would have never believed.

truth is truly stranger than fiction.

fox, do a barrel roll!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I read Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper when I was in ninth grade, borrowed it from a friends dad. I never looked back after that, but 9/11 really brought me in head first.

Truth is almost always stranger than fiction.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleventhsun
Don't know if it counts as conspiracy but my first was Sitchin's Annunaki story and Von Daniken's stuff on aliens and it was in the early 90s.

Me too

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
The assasination of president kennedy.. At the time when saw the initial reports realised something stank about it.. And over the years the shiite from the u.s government has gotten deeper to the sickening stench it is today..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
For me , it was seeing the Zapruder film as a 10 year old , even then I had a gut feeling that something wasn't right.

Then later , I read The Chariots of The Gods and that sent my imagination reeling.

Later , I watched Loose Change and that lead me to ATS.

Regards

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Santa conspiracy

age 5

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I don't know if this counts, but here it is.

When I was young, 5 or 6, i would notice companies very similar to each other making the same claims (i.e. mcdonalds and wendy's, coke and pepsi).

As a child, it was overwhelmingly apparent that both companies could not be better than each other. Both insurance company A, and insurance company B could not both be 10% cheaper than everyone else. Therefore, I was being lied to by at least one of these companies.

As a 6 year old, having to deal with the concept of being lied to is difficult. And it made me swell with anger. I was 6, I knew everything. And one of the things I knew was that you aren't supposed to lie. Also, I knew that if you lie you get in trouble. I was offended, even if i couldn't understand what the concept of being offended was.

At 6 years old I turned off the tv, because i knew someone was trying to lie to me, and force me to do something that I may not have wanted to. even if at the time that might have been just trying to get me to like coke instead of pepsi, the other way around.

It turns out I knew little as a 6 year old.

edit on 6-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-5-2011 by HawkMan11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Santa Claus, when I was four I busted it!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
This is such a compelling question. I do not recall the first specific conspiracy theory I believed in but I do remember the genre which was New World Order.

For a little background let me state that around age 11 our family got a computer. Not too long after I began researching Christian eschatology. What always interested me the most was the mark of the beast and the Beast itself. Trying to comprehend which groups of people composed what could potentially be the beast today, where it is located, how and when it will enter our public view.

Christian eschatology led me to Hopi Prophecy which I dived into. At the same time I was still researching the mark of the beast around age 12. I then found Nostradamus and his prophecies. Once again I dived in deep. Around 13 however since I failed to find any good facts to substantiate these claims being made I gave up on it all and entered a period of religious disbelief and militant atheism.

While I was going through that little phase of growing up I then turned my sights to Aliens after seeing the movie Signs. I spent some time in that and it was aliens which initially led me here to ATS. So I would have to say that my first real conspiracy I believed in was the Mark of the Beast and New World Order.

Yeah I was pretty much lost since age 11. And I will never look back.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join