It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angola prison braces for its worst flooding threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Angola prison braces for its worst flooding threat

www.fox8live.com

Longtime Angola Warden Burl Cain has readied plans to evacuate thousands of the prisoners in a matter of days. Cain told reporters Thursday that if predictions hold the river surrounding the prison farm will reach unprecedented levels soon. "We're gonna have more water than we've ever dealt with before," said Cain. Water from the bulging Mississippi has already reached an interior levee encircling the prison camps. "The worst case scenario is if the levee breaks," Cain stated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.avoyellestoday.com
www.wwltv.com
www.nola.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"It's a big bowl with a 12 mile levee around the whole farm and so there's no way to get water out of here other than evaporate or pump it out or let it run through the levee," Cain stated.

Scary thought!

IF you aren't familiar with the Maximum Securit Angola Prison, a quick ATS search will give you plenty of info.

Angola is one of the biggest, and baddest prisons in the Country!

It is surrounded on threes sides by levees that are directly on the river.

On a Local news story this evening, they were saying that a temporary Tent City is being set up on the highest land inside the prison.

The National weather service is also calling for Evacuations of Angola Prison.

www.fox8live.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Yes, the flooding of the Mississippi River is really scary.

Gov. Bobby Jindal, who flew over the spillway area with corps officials Wednesday, told reporters he has activated the Louisiana National Guard to assist with flood prevention.

The two spillways are expected to keep the river level in New Orleans at 17 feet when it crests on May 24, four feet below the record 21-foot crest in 1927. On Wednesday afternoon, the river had risen to 14.7 feet at the Carrollton Gauge.

This is a strategy they haven't tried before. It was not available for the record Miss. River flood of 1927. If the river keeps flooding, we are in deep ****, What if the Miss. River changes course due to the spillways being opened? Would New Orleans be gone?

Nola.com- The Times Picayune

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alittleironic

And the river is not expected to crest at its highest,in Baton Rouge, for another 20 Days! We are screwed!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I say they block up the holes with rapists and Pedophiles from that very same prison. Then as the water starts getting higher and closer, go for murderers basically just downgrade the offence the closer the water gets.

Naw in all seriousness though I can't think of what to say, because I couldn't care less if they died or not. People who have done stuff silly like smoked/dealt weed, acting stupid while drunk, stupid offences that landed them in jail I feel sorry for them. Not a reflection on you OP star for you good man.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

But see, even If I had the same opinion, and I might..... Either way it is something to worry about.

There is the possibility that they would in no way let that happen, so what would happen then, if it got really sticky, what is the possibility of them just opening a gate, and say swim for it???

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

As it stands now, he will begin evacuating most of the 5,200 prisoners to other state run prisons on Monday.

"The ones we keep would the ones that might pose some sort of extreme threat to the public."

I can't even imagine the logistics of evacuating this many prisoners. The fact that they're thinking of keeping some there still, shows there is definitely a worry of some escaping.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

As it stands now, he will begin evacuating most of the 5,200 prisoners to other state run prisons on Monday.

"The ones we keep would the ones that might pose some sort of extreme threat to the public."

I can't even imagine the logistics of evacuating this many prisoners. The fact that they're thinking of keeping some there still, shows there is definitely a worry of some escaping.

And the reports I have seen of Warden Caine, gives plenty to worry about. This man is the definition of "HARDASS", kinda like an old gunslinger type. For him to openly voice concerns about this situation, and to not say, AWWWE! WE GOT THIS UNDER CONTROL! Is unprecidented!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Army Corps of Engineers just released projected flooding from Morganza spillway opening, map.
Here is the link with the Legend to the right. When picture is posted on the thread the right side gets cut off.

images.ibsys.com...

Look at the top of the flood area to the point where the boot beginning of Louisiana meets the Mississippi River. Where you see West Feliciana. That circle of land without color from the flooding is Angola Prison! The color coded legend is saying that the water surrounding the ENTIRE prison, with be 20-25 feet high!

images.ibsys.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

edit on 7-5-2011 by Stormgodess because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join