It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural born and natural born citizen return Nothing in searches on online dictionaries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Something is going on here any thoughts? very strange timing

Natural Born Citizen

[link to dictionary.cambridge.org]

[link to www.merriam-webster.com]

[link to www.webster-dictionary.org]

[link to oxforddictionaries.com]

[link to www.onelook.com]

[link to encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com]

[link to www.yourdictionary.com]

[link to wordcentral.com]

[link to www.ldoceonline.com]

[link to nhd.heinle.com]

[link to encarta.msn.com]

[link to www.hyperdictionary.com]

[link to www.macmillandictionary.com]

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

It could be that your searching for multiple words, and dictionaries provide definitions for individual words.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Well fawkes there pretty much nailed it.

Search for "native" perhaps hm?

EDIT: It seems that a "natural born citizen" according to the U.S laws and according to the first congress session 2, chapter 4 - 1790, is basically anyone born ANYWHERE as long as both parents are U.S citizens.

edit on 5-5-2011 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
LOL wow sorry guys I need to go to bed thanks!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
So with this obama birth thing to my understanding In order to be of the country, it is necessary that a person be born of a father who is a citizen; for, if he is born there of a foreigner, it will be only the place of his birth, and not his country. Vattel, The Law of Nations correct?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Bronco51082

Quick lesson USA is not a constitutional democracy it is a constitutional Republic.
What does this have to do with this?

The States (sovereign Republics) not the Federal government have the right to define that term ( or any other about what a citizen is) on their own.

With McCain being born on federal land ( U. S. military base) it gave the federal government some say so.

Like it or not but when Hawaii put him on the ballot that is the end of story. He is the legal president whether we like it or not.

This is a matter for the state of Hawaii the federal government can only get involved if it becomes a issue between the states.

Hint you should be looking in legal dictionaries.

No I AM NOT a shill or anything like that just trying to point people in the right direction.

Lesson over, but if you look at this you should know who you should be complaining to and who has the power to make a difference.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The first question to ask is were these there before this claim was made.

Here's one occurrence I found: dictionary.reference.com...

Also? Phrases such as natural-born citizen are generally not in dictionaries, which are for words. In this case, the compound adjective phrase natural-born is probably not considered a word by most dictionaries.Some of these types of phrases do make it in and most don't. That's my guess. Hope that helps.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Explanation: Hmmm?

Citizen [legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com]

CITIZEN, persons. One who, under the constitution and laws of the United States, has a right to vote for representatives in congress, and other public officers, and who is qualified to fill offices in the gift of the people. In a more extended sense, under the word citizen, are included all white persons born in the United States, and naturalized persons born out of the same, who have not lost their right as such. This includes men, women, and children.
2. Citizens are either native born or naturalized. Native citizens may fill any office; naturalized citizens may be elected or appointed to any office under the constitution of the United States, except the office of president and vice-president. The constitution provides, that "the citizens of each state shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states." Art. 4, s. 2.
3. All natives are not citizens of the United States; the descendants of the aborigines, and those of African origin, are not entitled to the rights of citizens. Anterior to the adoption of the constitution of the United States, each state had the right to make citizens of such persons as it pleased. That constitution does not authorize any but white persons to become citizens of the United States; and it must therefore be presumed that no one is a citizen who is not white. 1 Litt. R. 334; 10 Conn. R. 340; 1 Meigs, R. 331.
4. A citizen of the United States, residing in any state of the Union, is a citizen of that state. 6 Pet. 761 Paine, 594;1 Brock. 391; 1 Paige, 183 Metc. & Perk. Dig. h.t.; vide 3 Story's Const. Sec. 1687 Bouv. Inst. Index, b. t.; 2 Kent, Com. 258; 4 Johns. Ch. R. 430; Vatt. B. 1, c. Id, Sec. 212; Poth. Des Personnes, tit. 2, s. 1. Vide Body Politic; Inhabitant.

A Law Dictionary, Adapted to the Constitution and Laws of the United States. By John Bouvier. Published 1856.

Personal Disclosure: I have found freedictionary.com to be one of the best online resources for clearing up disputes based in and on semantics issues such as this one. I hope that helps.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

"And the children of citizens" does not mean both parents. It's proper English to use the plural in this sentence.
If it had been intended to mean "both" parents, it would have said -:And the children whose (two or both) parents are American Citizens.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Another person has made a post thinking that these online dictionaries have purposely scrubbed such a definition from their Web sites, and OP here is also under the impression dictionaries would have such an entry. In either case the answer is NO, online dictionaries do not carry an entry for "Natural Born Citizen".

The other ATS post:
[url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread699651/pg1]Natural Born Citizen Definition scrubbed from ALL online dictionairies

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Oh no!
This is bigger and badder than any of you imagine. "Natural Born Citizen" is not listed in the 3 dictionaries I own.
Someone has gotten into my house, removed an entire dictionary entry, and made it look like one was never there.
Scary.

new topics

top topics

join