It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manifesting things in dreams.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hello there, I'd like to start this off with saying that I've remembered a dream that I had last night very vividly and I enjoyed it very much actually

It was a mixture between a lucid dream and a normal dream... I almost knew it was a dream but still wasn't fully aware..

This is how it started... I was in a random basement when I look over at the window and 2 girls crawled out of it and started "galloping" (it was weird, like trotting over to me ) and when they reached me, there tongues were out, and there faces were quite deformed.. It reminded me of the face from the movie "Splice" if anyone has seen that. It was very creepy... All of a sudden, then kept trying to bite me and they had these weird, black, sticks that they kept hitting me with (in my dream, i remember that I thought it was obsidian). And for some reason, I knew this would work, I closed my eyes and thought of manifesting a hammer in my hand... I opened my eyes to see it form in my hand.. Not instantaneously, but as though particles were forming to create it.. It happened quickly but I still remember seeing that.

I took the hammer and smashed the black things in there hands which shattered everywhere... then my dream changed drastically and I was in a large, cave type area that was very green and lit up, with various waterfalls and ponds in it. It was EXTREMELY beautiful. I was there with 3 friends that I know from school and we were up on a ledge. I KNEW I could fly, as I do every time I recognize that I'm dreaming... so i close my eyes and thought of sprouting giant wings from my back. I opened my eyes to see wings, starting from a small, while, mass, turning into huge white wings. I looked at my friends and saw the same thing happening to them also... then I just jumped and I flew everywhere in this cavern.. I never wanted to leave. It felt so amazing. Then I woke up.. I was in a really good mood when I woke up but instantly wanted to go back to my dream and manifest more objects.....

ANYWAY... the point of this thread.. After having this dream, (yes I know it was a dream) it makes me think.. what if? What if our brains really have the power to do something like that.. to manifest things out of thin air and make your thoughts turn into reality.

I also have been thinking about how the things formed... the hammer.. like bubbles of color, or particles, flowing from the air to form a solid object.. the wings.. starting from a small sprout in to giant, beautiful wings..

Like your thoughts create them by manipulating atoms and particles, etc. I know it was a dream, I just thought I'd share this with everyone. I really enjoyed it and hope that I have more dreams like this. I've had dreams where I have telekinesis and lucid dreams but none really like this. I hope for everyone to have dreams like this and feel the satisfaction that I had from it.

Tell me your thoughts. Anyone else dream like this on a regular basis? or any other interesting dreams? Thanks.

P.S. The one girl that I recognized the most in my dream seemed to pay an awful amount of attention to me today at school... more than usual. Said "hi" to me and talked to me several times.. which was sort of weird as I don't really know her.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Conflagrated

Dreams are pretty neat things. My friend use to be able to control his dreams. He would realize he was dreaming and then be able to do things or have things happen. I have heard of other instances of people being able to control what is in their dreams or interact with there dreams at a conscious level.

If you can do this embrace it and have fun. I wish I could.

Life would be so much nicer if you could escape to a place like a dream and control it as you wanted. Your own little holodeck.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wow, okay. What a wild dream. Actually, I do remember dreaming that way. In my dream it was similar. It seemed like you just "ask" particles to behave a certain way, and they just do.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Exactly. I love the ability to think of something and have it actually happen instantly right in front of your eyes...
Very fun indeed. Dreams are absolutely remarkable!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

Dreams are pretty neat things. My friend use to be able to control his dreams. He would realize he was dreaming and then be able to do things or have things happen. I have heard of other instances of people being able to control what is in their dreams or interact with there dreams at a conscious level.

If you can do this embrace it and have fun. I wish I could.

Life would be so much nicer if you could escape to a place like a dream and control it as you wanted. Your own little holodeck.

I've done this actually... the trick is realizing you're sleeping but not being startled by it. If you can notice you're sleeping without waking yourself up, you can totally control you dreams. Its not easy to do, but its worth the effort trying lol

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
if you pay close attention to your actual life.. (actual life could be some sort of a dream... no one knows for sure) but... pay attention see what people do... just sit back for a time and see how people react to certain things. once you get a feel for how people react to everyday life (by this i mean at work or school: what they do when "X" happens to them) you can create your own reality. i'm not gonna say it works exactly as planned... but as the rolling stones said: "you don't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes. you might find, you get what you need." just a thought...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
My dreams have been not so interesting lately... mostly just a lot of replays of past emotions... like garbage getting dumped out. Although lately it seems I'm not satisfied unless something crazy happens to me while I'm wide awake, it might be interesting to have a really powerful, vivid dream soon... but who knows? When I'm sleeping, I'm sleeping. I'd rather trance out in meditation while conscious to gauge the realness of the event. Getting swept away while holding on to wakefulness is more startling and interesting than anything else I've experienced. While it also leads to many more questions, the desire to explore it pales every urge of self exploration because it it is beyond more real that any of that... and I've always been interested in dreams and what they could mean or bring forth. I've always been lost in my thoughts, full of strange dreams. When something external encounters you it is on a whole different level. I think you can get there in dreams- absolutely, but it seems much more variable and uncertain of the realness. I'm getting spoiled on energy encounters and just want more answers and conscious affirmation. Dreams and self reflection is all just background to all of that right now.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Haven't had anything happen like this in a while, but I recall a few dreams where I realized it was a dream, and like you I immediately try to fly lol, one time I woke up right after I tried to control it, the other time I actually got to fly for a bit.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I watched The Lathe of Heaven the other day. The movie isn't all that great, but it's based on a novel of the same name. Maybe the novel is better. In the movie a guy dreams things into reality. But apparently he was dying and it wasn't reality, but the movie ends with him still occupying his "dream". I'm not sure what to think of it. I didn't care to watch it again to figure it out because if I want I can get the book. Generally, books are much better than the movies.

I don't have lucid dreams very often, but I fly in the dreams a lot. I've had some interesting dreams over the years. I've made one or two posts about them, speculating about what they mean.

One thing about dreams is they always change, but there is some continuity. It's not 100% random. I think part of our mind is shut off while another remains active. It's fascinating to me.

Lately, more and more, I find myself asking myself this question: Is all of reality my dream? Or is it a shared dream? Sometimes I wonder if my mind could create things that're so realistic. Could my mind be making sense where there is none? Could it be making order where there is chaos? Then my mind wanders to fractals and time/space. Are things interconnected in ways we don't know? I have no idea what reality is, but it's probably nothing like we imagine.
edit on 5-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

First bit of advice is - keep a detailed dream journal. Why? The totality of your consciousness can't be encompassed in a single dream... you'll need to examine a longer time period. Although there are bits of dream content which are impactful the real revelations come out over a longer time.

Secondly, from your dream experiences, you mustn't be afraid of recognizing your emotions in the dream. Visuals in a dream can get very, very abstract. It is important to recognize the "feelings you had" while you were there because the emotions could be more important than the visuals.

Good luck in your travels.

On the subject of actually manifesting things in dreams (or indeed - in your waking life) you will want to proceed with extreme caution. Focussing the mind in dreams or in waking life creates a reality field around your physical body which is attractive to the things you were thinking about!

Subject matter from your dreams could manifest right now, tomorrow, three days from now, a week a month several months or up to a year from now. Any dream elements could arrive in your waking life at different times.

I had the personal experience of dreaming things which later came true. Some of those things unfortunately turned out to be extremely difficult life lessons! I learned several times if you get knocked down, don't take it as defeat. Keep running full speed at that wall.. eventually you find a gateway to understanding.

Anyway it sounds like you are doing quite well in dreamland. Bon Voyage!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The dreams may be manifestations of things you saw or you did the day before. Or it could be some kind of desire, well, in this case exaggerated desire.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conflagrated
ANYWAY... the point of this thread.. After having this dream, (yes I know it was a dream) it makes me think.. what if? What if our brains really have the power to do something like that.. to manifest things out of thin air and make your thoughts turn into reality.

You are a dangerous fool. You need to be locked away and have the key permanently destroyed. You are a danger to society and to yourself. Stay away from my family. You are completely and utterly delusional and need to seek professional treatment.

Jk,

I suggest you watch this...if you wish to go down this path that I've already gone down.

edit on 6-5-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

You are a dangerous fool. You need to be locked away and have the key permanently destroyed. You are a danger to society and to yourself. Stay away from my family. You are completely and utterly delusional and need to seek professional treatment.

Jk,

I suggest you watch this...if you wish to go down this path that I've already gone down.

Really? Haha.

First of all. Why bother speak to someone like that? Joke or no joke.

Secondly. The Secret is a mainstream money maker. Yeah they're doing good for the world but they didn't share any secrets. The bible says to ask for what you want and don't get upset if you don't get it. Don't be attached to what you want or to anything you do. But don't be a stoner, "whatever man." Being detached is useless.

This video will describe the temptation to accept New Age philosophies. The childlike simplicity makes people feel as though they understand.

PS. this is a joke you can laugh at.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I like this thought a lot.

Humans seem to gave a biological drive to create things. When we are not creating we are standing still or destructing. Stagnant lives lead to depression, drugs, etc.

Men and Women choose to create using opinions, colors, drawings, building and fixing things, dancing, singing, learning, listening, driving, and anything else you can do (except that which artificially alters your mind).

When you want to make something you visualize it in your mind. If our world was not bound by physics (as the dream world and heaven are) then we would see our thoughts manifest instantly. However the laws are bent to the degree that what we visualize is instantly given to us.

If you want to affect a friendly dog to come by your side, then you imaging it at your side. If you work without attachment to the outcome and you have no doubts that it will work --doubts are natural, if they are occurring you are trying too hard to manifest which is also a stage on the path-- then the dog will instantly come to you if the dog truly has no other attachments (this is an isolated system where you only have one barrier to cross. Manipulating the dogs desires is simple because most dogs are in a constant state of oneness with what is around them)

If you want to buy a car, visualize it. It will instantly be attracted to you. However, because there are many more factors into buying a car, your visualizations must take that car from where it is in your mind's eye to your reality. You must continue to visualize the car until that manifestation has traversed the many rigid laws of our reality.

They say that the distance between the mind and the heart is the longest road you will ever travel. Synchronization of what your mind can dream of and what your heart desires is a major key in manifestation.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Make sense man. A mixture of contradictory statements, Christian absurdities, physical impossibilities and conjecture based off ignorance of quantum physics jumbled together will not win you a Nobel Peace Prize.

Oh, wait...Obama got it.

Never mind, carry on.
edit on 7-5-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

lol. Your pseudo-sarcasm / last minute reversal style is creative to say the least.

Please point out my contradictions and other varied forms of flaws if you will keeping in mind that I take little offense to what ever you may say.

new topics

top topics

join