It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

distorted body images

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This gave me a surprise when Barbies measurements were blown up to life size proportions!

I dont want to be Barbie anymore!!!!
edit on 8-21-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I'm black, I could never be barbie but those proportions are downright disturbing.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The dummy in the picture looks like the description of a classic 'tall blonde' (especially hybrid) E.T. with giant giant mammaries.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Damn. Kind of puts things into perspective. And it's skeery!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
The dummy in the picture looks like the description of a classic 'tall blonde' (especially hybrid) E.T. with giant giant mammaries.

Makes me wonder was the Barbie doll created after the creator was abducted by aliens....it's really interesting, If I ever saw a person on the street like that I'd be screaming to the top of my lungs and breaking into a sprint.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
LOL that's so hot!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Always good to see this brought up.

There is an actual disorder known as Body Dysmorphic Disorder that is a silent debilitator for many women.

You must fight this ladies.

You are all beautiful...

en.wikipedia.org...

Truly. This is denying ignorance.

Bad Ass, OP.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That thing is actually re-stimulating my abduction PTSD.

edit on 5-5-2011 by Frater210 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-21-2014 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, the arms don't seem nearly as thin on any of the pictures i can find.

www.comparestoreprices.co.uk...

gemmanews.files.wordpress.com...

infact, they seem perfectly in shape, even if this was scaled, it would look nothing like the lifesize model.

seems like a bit of a feminism movement to me

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A shrunken bobble head.
Too bad Barbie was not 'blown up' years before to these proportions as some generations of damaged cultural ideals came from this.
This should be made as an example to all young women, we come in all shapes and sizes, just not fake ones naturally.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
A few years ago I met a woman with body image issues and waaaay too much money. In addition to having her breasts enlarged to an ungodly proportion, she had her lower ribs removed to give the illusion of a smaller waist. The end result -- which she was quite happy with, by the way -- was really quite sad. You could tell there was something off about her body shape. There was clearly a distortion, it was just hard to pinpoint.

Anyway, it is disconcerting to see what Barbie actually looks like when blown to life size proportions.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000

seems like a bit of a feminism movement to me

You heard it here, folks. Feminism is when women don't want to look like Barbie, and that's apparently bad.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

over the years i have known several women who were affected by that insipid fashion doll. co-workers mostly. these women actually dressed in set styles of clothing that would vary in color scheme but were essentially the same design outfit, with coordinated accessories & shoes of course. i found this disturbing and wondered if these women were conscious of what was obvious to others.

one of these women did collect Barbies, actually she made good money with them. she was a diminutive ginger troll that looked like Miss Piggie in Barbie drag every day at work. sorry to be so rudely shallow but i calls it as i sees it.

it is nice that Mattel expanded Barbie from a Fashion Doll into a Career Woman Doll, even if they only did it to boost sales. there are several professional roles Barbie is cast in that provide positive role model play for children.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is how look those type of woman with silicone breasts, with a lot of money and a half of their brain. That image is stereotyping.

top topics

join