It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush a better President. [Not because he was Smart but because he wasn't.]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So our Presidents do nothing right? Well I liked it better when we had Bush in office. At least I got a chuckle out of him.

Obama is boring. lol anyone else think this way?

I'm not supporting Bush at all to clarify. Just if we have to have an idiot in office...I prefer the last idiot we had.

Edit: Please don't eat me alive ATS. Keep the thread Light-Hearted if we can.

edit on 5/5/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Incomprehensible sentiment, I must say. The president is not an entertainment personality. S/he is there to represent and, theoretically, run your country.

I prescribe less TV, films, and games for you, and a whole lot more real world experience.

link   
reply to post by drew1749

Not because he was Smart but because he wasn't

Oh, you are comparing "apples to apples" here. I see little difference between the two in that department! Other than Obama speaks and presents a little better!
edit on 5-5-2011 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

link   
You know, your title has some truth to it.

Bush came off as kind of a goof, so we expected him to do some not-so-smart things and then chuckled and shrugged our shoulders (unless they were REALLY stupid).

Obama tries to present himself as a smart guy but then does some not-so-smart things and comes off looking like an arrogant jackass who needs a kick in the nads (I'd volunteer, btw, but I can't get through all the security).

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Bush was a better president because he played his role so well, he went along with the corporate pimps as he and his father did, the whole entire family are all corporate pimps, he knew his role and as a corporate puppet and went along nicely, he knew how to lie and did it with a smirk.

Obama in the other hands is not as good as playing the role of corporate pimp and he can not lie as well as those that are used to lie like Bush was.

For that reason he is a thorn in corporate America side.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy
You know, your title has some truth to it.

Bush came off as kind of a goof, so we expected him to do some not-so-smart things and then chuckled and shrugged our shoulders (unless they were REALLY stupid).

Obama tries to present himself as a smart guy but then does some not-so-smart things and comes off looking like an arrogant jackass who needs a kick in the nads (I'd volunteer, btw, but I can't get through all the security).

This is my point exactly.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

In the politics of today that is exactly what the president does, he is an entertainment, to fool the people in the nation while the real powers behind him does their dirty work against the people, he just stand there and lie to protect those powers.

After the economic crash in the nation we know who rules America.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Incomprehensible sentiment, I must say. The president is not an entertainment personality. S/he is there to represent and, theoretically, run your country.

I prescribe less TV, films, and games for you, and a whole lot more real world experience.

I'm sorry but I think that the leader of the free world should be smart. IF we can get a smart person in so be it.

IF we can't then I want the idiot to be entertaining.

Does that make sense? I just had the thought a few minutes ago. I might change my mind by morning lol

Speaking of that Ima go to bed. Ill check the thread in the morning.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Actually political leaders in the US do not need to have brain as you have noticed they are nothing but greedy morons and the laws they pass into the people are not even written by them, neither they take the time to read them, but they are very eagle to extend their dirty corrupted hands and get their pay for wasting the American peoples time and selling while killing the nation.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
That and more.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well, you really did miss the point. I said the president is NOT there for your entertainment.

Btw and fyi, you don't live in the free world, your leader is not the leader of the free world as you are not part of it, and I do hope that entertains the bejeezus out of you. Your freedom, an illusion though it was for a very long time, is now entirely gone.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Obama is boring. lol anyone else think this way?

Personally - I prefer precise - methodical - intelligent - - to grandstanding - gut reaction - and God told me to do it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

Well, you really did miss the point. I said the president is NOT there for your entertainment.

Btw and fyi, you don't live in the free world, your leader is not the leader of the free world as you are not part of it, and I do hope that entertains the bejeezus out of you. Your freedom, an illusion though it was for a very long time, is now entirely gone.

What I was saying was that "If we have to have an idiot. I like the old idiot."

You my friend are annoying. I said "Keep the thread light-hearted."

No offence intended. I realise that was kinda mean.

edit on 5/6/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I used to hate Bush when he was president, I thought there was no way it could get any worse.

Now Obama is making me wonder if I liked Bush more than I thought. Not that Obama has actually done anything worse than Bush (that I'm aware of) but because I expected some sort of relief after Bush left office. I don't feel any relief, though.

And as others said, at least Bush was funny to laugh at. I really am wondering, if Obama was president during 9/11 if things could have been even worse than they were during Bush's presidency? Makes you wonder... Maybe we would be at war with 4 countries instead of 2(or 3 I guess)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

i understood that, thanks. it doesn't mean it's anything to make light of though. a whole lot of lives have been lost and/or otherwise destroyed due to the past president's antics. my horror at your cavalier attitude is surpassed only by my sincere hope that you might understand their pain one day.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Bush was the worst president this country ever had. He lied us into war and got thousands killed, he destroyed the economy while filling the pockets of the rich and corporate interests. You see this as a good thing how????

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
Bush was the worst president this country ever had. He lied us into war and got thousands killed, he destroyed the economy while filling the pockets of the rich and corporate interests. You see this as a good thing how????

Exactly!!

It boggles my mind - how anyone can see Bush (Cheney) any different then your "point on" statement.

Do they wear delusional Fish Bowls over their brains - or something?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You guys are missing my point. I'm not supporting Bush.

My point is that I could laugh at Bush.

We have the same amount of idiot (Maybe a bit better) but a lot less "funny".

Not that this is what you vote for. You vote for someone smart. Just that hasn't worked out the last few times now has it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

To all the people taking this thread so seriously... please stop. The OP obviously is just having a laugh, let's join him (why not?).

OP, I completely get your point. From a comedian's point of view, Bush was a way better president. Remember the old SNL skits with Will Ferrell playing Bush? Hilarious! The new ones with the Obama impersonator are dry and unfunny.

Sadly, it's just hard to make fun of Obama. Bush had all these great things going for him. He had a funny accent, he flubbed almost everything he tried to say, he was arrogant and regularly misunderestimated his audience. Obama is a clear speaker, and he's way too suave to be the butt of any 'idiot jokes'. Hell, at least with Clinton we could make dress-stain jokes.

Thankfully, we still have Biden to throw us a bone once in a while. And the birther nonsense is pretty hilarious too. Overall it's not a terrible time to do political comedy, but we will always miss the golden days ('00-'08).

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

You guys are missing my point. I'm not supporting Bush.

My point is that I could laugh at Bush.

We have the same amount of idiot (Maybe a bit better) but a lot less "funny".

Not that this is what you vote for. You vote for someone smart. Just that hasn't worked out the last few times now has it?

I know what you meant.

I never thought an obvious doofus as President of the United States - - was EVER funny.

And I still don't think its funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join