It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We All Learn From Israeli Self Preservation Policy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Two policies of the Israeli Government that perhaps out of step with the West should be copied?

1/ Only Jewish human beings are encouraged to migrate to Israel.

2/ Any Jewish person regardless of Nationality can go to Israel and be accepted as a citizen?

3/ A wall built to protect Israel from outsiders.

I have researched the above points on the NET, I trust they are true....if so

Why cannot western nations apply the same security concious principles?

There are millions of Christian People in the world who qulalify as needy and who are fleeing persecution,why do Christian nations allow millions of Islamists into their midst, is this not a security risk?

Instead of building walls we have the EU in Europe which allows crossing of borders by any Citizen of any nation unchecked.
Israel I believe protects itself and values itself why doesn't Europe and Australia, USA?
Logic seems to be missing.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Dr Expired because: accidental empty body

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I'm not a christian and I live in America, please don't build walls to keep me in with these religious fanatics. Thanks.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Walls do not work they put dividers between people , they start wars and keep tension alive.

Remove all walls and work for peace, appease people and let all religions practice freely would be a better way around it that isolating your self from the flock.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I agree with the previous poster - walls do nothing but create wars and resentment.

Israel is not a good country to try and emulate.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando
I agree with the previous poster - walls do nothing but create wars and resentment.

Sorry but their supporters are in every walk of life in the West, very powerful and Intelligent people who despite living being born in the USA/ England Europe/ Australia...can gain a new home in Israel at any time by virue of their Ethnicity/belief.
I have never heard these people in any of these nations criticise Israel in the press or in the movie industry, so I can only conclude intheir minds it is a good thing , so why do these people not advocate it for the Christian nations that host them?
Or are the christian west not worthy of preserving their own heritage?
That is what its all about, and we can't learn from the masters of self preservation, but instead succumb to the ambitions of those who scorn our very culture.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

Utopia but not realistic.
Since the fence was built Between Israel and Palestinian areas, suicide and other terror attacks have declined by almost 90 %.
The Palestinians can only blame themselves for being behind fences and walls. That certainly wasn't the case until 2002.

by the way, the buffer is mostly a fence and the wall is only a small fraction, unlike what the media and the Palestinians are trying to portray.
In this next map, the yellow and purple lines represent a fence, while the gray/yellow/gray lines represent the wall.

www.seamzone.mod.gov.il...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Sounds like racism to me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

Sounds like racism to me.

That can be heard but so can the echoes of History.

If we are meant to evolve and create and fight for our own culture then we allow outsiders who by their very religious or cultural beliefs weaken what has been built, then we are self destructive morons.....a term I would not appy to Israelis.....but a term I would have no hesitation applying to Western lawmakers, as they introduce security risks to the descendants of thos ewho fought to defend the western ideology.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

A few fair points-

1) We're talking Jews by race/ethnicity/heritage/blood, i.e people who are of the Jewish people but aren't necessarily religious. I'm not religious and I'm Jewish, right? I'm an atheist (nihilist even) and I'm still Jewish...

2) Israel is the only country in which the language, national holidays, traditions, etc of the Jews is the norm and are practiced as national holidays, Christians have many prominently Christian nations, many different languages, and it's mostly Christian traditions that get the most attention in Christian nations, same goes for Muslim, Hindu, etc nations.

3) The wall isn't there to isolate Israel, it isn't Europe where anyone can go anywhere, in our part of the world there are still borders, and most of the world, as far as I know, still works that way, you can't just go into a country, that would be illegal. The walls were added to prevent shootings and attacks, they weren't just randomly erected.

4) The US has a fence to prevent immigration from South America, Australia is surrounded by an ocean, and many nations all over the world have some form of barrier to prevent illegal immigration.

With respect,
Eliad.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Just to correct a few facts. Citizens from countries who are members of the EU can freely travel throughout the EU without being requested to display passports or identification at borders with other EU countries.

The U.S has a fence/wall to prevent immigration from Mexico/South America however the fence/wall is incomplete at many sections throughout. It really is a failure and it is very simple to bypass. There are videos all over the internet of U.S citizens climbing from one side and back to the other.

Australia is surrounded by an Ocean, however this does not stop illegal imigrants entering by boat. Australia's borders are to large to be portected efficently. Large shipments of drugs enter Australia rather easily by small boat.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by Eliad

Just to correct a few facts. Citizens from countries who are members of the EU can freely travel throughout the EU without being requested to display passports or identification at borders with other EU countries.

The U.S has a fence/wall to prevent immigration from Mexico/South America however the fence/wall is incomplete at many sections throughout. It really is a failure and it is very simple to bypass. There are videos all over the internet of U.S citizens climbing from one side and back to the other.

Australia is surrounded by an Ocean, however this does not stop illegal imigrants entering by boat. Australia's borders are to large to be portected efficently. Large shipments of drugs enter Australia rather easily by small boat.

Clearing up you post a little about the EU boarders, yes you can move freely between them on foot and car but by plane and boat you have to show some form of ID even when going from Ireland to the UK, its not a big deal.

PS for the I live in a country that has walls to sperate protestants and catholics. The wall does nothing but create tensions it is in effect a divide. The only people that like the wall's are narrow minded bigots who see see the opposing religion as the enemy.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I am not a supporter of Israel.. .in fact I am pretty anti-Israel.

That being said, a few things that I find different. Jews are more of a race than Christians are. Also, Jews don't proselytize and go around the world converting people like Christians do. And lastly, nobody is trying to wipe Christians off the map like they are with Jews. Well maybe a few people are, but it's a total non-issue unless you are unduly paranoid.

So I will say no, I don't think that's a good idea. In fact I think it's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard on here.

I'm not religious, so should I not be allowed here in America, even though my family has been here for over 100 years? I'm taking a wily guess here that you don't like Mexican immigrants, am I correct? You know it's pretty darn easy to be a born again Christian, if that was all it took to become a citizen of the US, I'm sure you would see millions upon millions of born again Christian Mexicans coming here. Are you OK with that?

I think this is a veiled attempt to say "only let white people come to America" I called it, huh?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
well we do see it on a small scale in our western countries, the rich can live in gated communities with their own security because they dont want to live the rest of us plebs. so if you have the money you can have your own protected little castle, maybe a moat with some crocs in it. as long as you are safe from the rest of society who cares.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Would be a giant leap backward for humanity to follow israel and its policies of genocide and crimes against humanity... World is bolloxed enough as it is...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
I am not a supporter of Israel.. .in fact I am pretty anti-Israel.

That being said, a few things that I find different. Jews are more of a race than Christians are. Also, Jews don't proselytize and go around the world converting people like Christians do. And lastly, nobody is trying to wipe Christians off the map like they are with Jews. Well maybe a few people are, but it's a total non-issue unless you are unduly paranoid.

So I will say no, I don't think that's a good idea. In fact I think it's one of the most ridiculous ideas I've heard on here.

I'm not religious, so should I not be allowed here in America, even though my family has been here for over 100 years? I'm taking a wily guess here that you don't like Mexican immigrants, am I correct? You know it's pretty darn easy to be a born again Christian, if that was all it took to become a citizen of the US, I'm sure you would see millions upon millions of born again Christian Mexicans coming here. Are you OK with that?

I think this is a veiled attempt to say "only let white people come to America" I called it, huh?

No you called it wrong, the issue is allowing security threats into a soverign set of nations.
If we open our eyes wide, we may see that only the truly smug and bigoted would feel that Chtistians are safe in this world .

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Two policies of the Israeli Government that perhaps out of step with the West should be copied?

1/ Only Jewish human beings are encouraged to migrate to Israel. - This creates a society free of outsiders and should never occur!

2/ Any Jewish person regardless of Nationality can go to Israel and be accepted as a citizen? - So sorry, either your allegiance is to your home nation or to Israel and cannot be both and creates a conflict of interest!

3/ A wall built to protect Israel from outsiders. - Auschwitz all over again. Turning Palestine ino a glorified concentration camp.

I have researched the above points on the NET, I trust they are true....if so

Why cannot western nations apply the same security concious principles? - So sorry but walling outsiders out and keeping them under 24/7/365 martial law is something I do not ever want to see.

There are millions of Christian People in the world who qulalify as needy and who are fleeing persecution,why do Christian nations allow millions of Islamists into their midst, is this not a security risk? - Ahh, you are for a "separatist society" which goes against everything all faiths hold as holy and just and no true man or woman of God could ever back that play.

Instead of building walls we have the EU in Europe which allows crossing of borders by any Citizen of any nation unchecked. - The EU is way freer then Israel will ever be.
Israel I believe protects itself and values itself why doesn't Europe and Australia, USA?
Logic seems to be missing.
edit on 5-5-2011 by Dr Expired because: accidental empty body

Answered in quote!

new topics

top topics

join