It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they have any clue what their getting themselves into?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm currently watching the GOP candidates on TV and had a few questions. Why do they want to become president, it seems like such a burden and no matter what you're criticized and can't really do as much as you want. A lot of people believe presidents are puppets, and don't really make most of the choices they take credit for...so why become president?

Do you think people who are running for President know what they're getting themselves into?

Are all the things that they promise, things they think they can actually achieve or do they know that it's impossible to change certain things as president.

Do they know once they're president they won't be able to speak their mind?

Ron Paul seems to be as honest as any candidate could ever be.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ron Paul has been in politics for a long time so I think he knows what is going on up in D.C. more than the others. I think he is the one they won't be able to sway.

I personally think he is our only hope of coming out of this economic nightmare this countries in.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Paul & Ventura would make a hell of a team...But, they would assassinate one or the other of them before the election even got started...

P/S... I like what Jesse said" They need to have on ever Presidential ballet the option to check "None of the above"" and that would bust this so called 2 party system wide open.....
edit on 5-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Authenticated

I think they first start running for the Presidency for power and to get money added to their PACs. Then, they just so happen to say the right things to the public and/or are chosen as the front-runners and start saying anything to get elected. Once elected they are let in on what is going on and all of a sudden realize it was a huge mistake because they cannot change things nor can they successfully challenge TPTB. Then, they decide to just carry on because for them to fold once elected would be so embarrassing to them that they try to take it all on for the sake of their legacy.

I'm going to third Ron Paul for President.

edit on 5-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
And the one term Senator Obummer has been doing any better?
I'm Conservative and do not like the current crop.
I didn't vote for McCain, left it blank, so I guess I'm thrown in with the Tea Party. I have no qualms.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think a lot of the quality candidates are all too aware of what they are getting into and, hence, have decided to sit on the sidelines and not bother until things settle down. Why go into a job where you have to be an SOB and make really hard decisions that will annoy large parts of the country?

Whoever is President in 2012 has their work cut out for them. They may be respected in history books in 40 years, but they will be attacked in the press.

Who wants to have programs cut, taxes increased, retirement dates moved forward, and be downsized from jobs in government?

If I was a candidate, I would let someone else take the fall, and step in as the happy warrior in 2016 to ease the pain.

new topics

top topics

join