It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This inherent, all consuming feeling of "waiting" - but for what?

page: 4
3
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Do you know how much millions of people and myself struggle and strive to become as wealthy as urself? And yet your worried about not knowing what to do with ur life? How about you actually realize that u have achieved financial freedom and you can do whatever the eff you want in this #hole because you have the financial means to do so. What more in life do you need besides financial freedom?

If you cant find anything to do with ur life with all the wealth you have, you are ignorant greedy and selfish. Theres millions of people out there who would give every limb they possess for this freedom you have. Maybe instead of asking urself what u should do with ur life now that u have all this money, ask yourself what was the purpose of making all that money in the first place?




posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I grew up humbly, though my parents could afford 3 vacations a year, nice cars, a house and just about all I could ever ask for but they were not rich.
In college I became a multi-millionaire by the age of 24. The previous year I had $600 in my bank account and thought it was allot. As a reckless 24 year old would do I spent it on cars, a pimp house and lots of other crap I thought I needed at the time. I used to go out with $2000-$3000 on me in cash to clubs and parties spreading it around (In Manhattan it's weird you can spend this much REALLY easily). Well after the first year of living this way I started realizing how bored and alienated I was making myself. Women were everywhere, yet I didn't trust any of them, not even the ones I should have. Soon the same feelings started to overwhelm me with my closest friends.
It was a downward spiral from there. One of my best friends and partners died from a heroin overdose in the Regency Hotel along with his girlfriend and one other. The ADA wanted all our heads, even though I was not even in the state at the time. Our contracts were in jeopardy, lawyers, the fear of going to jail and the constant alienation I felt drove me to a nervous breakdown at the age of 25.
In short, after years of getting back on track I live as humbly as anyone else would now. I always felt I was put here to accomplish some greater task in life yet I could never figure out what that was. I have brought joy to many people with the work I did back then, but to me it was never enough.
Only when my first child was born did it start to make sense. My daughter 4 1/2 yrs. and my new son 4 mths. changed me in ways that nothing on this earth ever could. I realize now what really matters and it is not money, the car you drive or the clothes you wear. The time I get to spend with my family has become my new wealth and the funny thing about it is I never had to pay or work for it.
And as far as work goes I started a business that I enjoy doing and the people I work with are my friends, not only my colleagues. I'm 39 now and I may not help send the first rocket to mars or discover how anti-gravity propulsion works but as long as I have my family and friends that is OK by me.
edit on 5/6/2011 by AnteBellum because: spelling



posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Since you've focused all your energies on "outside" accomplishments may be it's time to turn your focus within and find your real purpose in life. Everybody have many purposes for being here however most never realize any of them because they are obsessed with the "outside" and not their inner being. At 30 you think you've done all there is to do and quite frankly that couldn't be farthest from the truth, you just done what the world expects of you now it's time to deal with your mental and spiritual states.



posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
truth...



You are more then just the physical...



posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExCommando

The trouble is - what does one do when they make it? It's like finishing a game that's meant to take 40 years in 10 years ... I'm left looking down the barrel of the next 30 years, not having a clue what to do.


Well, I never made it to the exact position you did, but I have had a similar experience on a less grand scale. Of course I probably came from more humble beginnings, so, in relative terms, it may equal out.

I "won" my game at around 27? I got myself to the position financially I had been aiming for, acquired the things I considered hall marks of success, but for me, the very day after I hit the last marker, (got to see my custom built home in the right neighborhood) my brother committed suicide.

For me, having in one hand the material success I thought I always wanted, and in the other, the loss of someone I loved more than my own life, just really smacked into my face the utter meaninglessness of material things. I realize that there was nothing I had that I would not give up to have him back.

Success isnt really a financial level. Its a meaningful life, and happiness, and caring about things larger than yourself and your own self interest. You did good in the sense that you found out relatively young that "stuff" leaves you feeling rather empty once it ceases to be a carrot. Take some time and find out what really has meaning to you outside of monetary goals, and use your fortunate position to pursue something with more inherent value to you.



posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Perhaps you aren't really very happy ?! Has life become one big predictable groundhog day ? Do the days stretch out with little to look forward to ? If the answer is yes to either of these, then you need children !

Never a dull moment,

Chaos garunteed,

Life will never be the same again.

Better still you get to spoil them rotten with love, and play silly games like, "Let's play imaginary nuclear power station about to blow up, and we need to find the key to stop it!" (What can I say with my kids if it isn't science based, its not worth playing lol).

It doesn't always have to be about kids, but they are a lot of fun, and more often than not they teach you a lot, most notably things about yourself.


Hope you find what your looking for



posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I hate to say you sound like a pus$*, alot of people can't afford bread but you're complaining about your life ?!



posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack
 


When you are poor and unhappy, you can blame it on being poor.

If you are rich and unhappy, you have to ask yourself a lot harder questions. Not that I have ever been "rich" but I did get to the place where I had everything I thought I wanted.

It was a lot easier being poor and unhappy because I could "if only" myself into thinking it was just a matter of getting some cash. Now I am fully aware that if I am not happy, its because of me. Not my circumstances.



posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'm a trustee and have had it made for some time... Still, I took the time off to study the occult, spiritual pursuits, and unearth real conspiracies. I practically have everything figured out, but where did my social life go?.. That's my struggle... reconnecting with people after tapping into irrevocable knowledge... It's even harder with no job or existing social circle...

You won't find me with much material BS, but next week I'm purchasing a top of the line luxury, $100,000 Audi A8L to travel with. Figured I might as well ride out the apocalypse in style. Enjoying, but not certainly not striving for 'perfection'. The artificial matrix on this planet is thick, thick as hell. The word apocalypse only means the revealing of the truth...

I hate to break it to you, perhaps I like destroying egos, but NOTHING will matter in 2 years. I mean nothing, except whatever spiritual understanding you have. Despite relative calm on the surface, our lives will soon be altered dramatically. This planet is about to become a star and enter the next stage of Her, and part of humanities evolution. Be still, reconnect with your true self and you'll remember. I mean your deep essence within the heart, the connection to 5D and the higher self. You will feel things.

Just enjoy whatever path your life is on, it's meant to be that way... and it has been preordained.


ANYONE ELSE GETTING NERVOUS JITTERS?!?! This reality is changing so fast... Incredibly unstable, really... Should be fun. Now I could use a good #! Damn... Hehe... Society sucks.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
I hate to say you sound like a pus$*, alot of people can't afford bread but you're complaining about your life ?!


He's trying to find a direction. He's not complaining or rubbing it in anyone's face. There's a difference between giving background info and gloating.



posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpak89
Do you know how much millions of people and myself struggle and strive to become as wealthy as urself? And yet your worried about not knowing what to do with ur life? How about you actually realize that u have achieved financial freedom and you can do whatever the eff you want in this #hole because you have the financial means to do so. What more in life do you need besides financial freedom?

If you cant find anything to do with ur life with all the wealth you have, you are ignorant greedy and selfish. Theres millions of people out there who would give every limb they possess for this freedom you have. Maybe instead of asking urself what u should do with ur life now that u have all this money, ask yourself what was the purpose of making all that money in the first place?


I think that's the point of this thread...



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by ExCommando
 


Just from an outsiders perspective, it sounds as though you are waiting to make a difference. I realize that you have been in the military and that is wonderful, thank you.

That shows the huge cultural gulf between the US and the rest of the world!
(or maybe it's just a few of us here?)
But to me, being in the military does not qualify as making a contribution, but as taking away from the sum total of human happiness in the world.
Maybe the OP should spend his time making up for his time in the military?
Vicky



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina
 


I love it - what an inspiring attitude to life.

Thank you



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpak89
Do you know how much millions of people and myself struggle and strive to become as wealthy as urself? And yet your worried about not knowing what to do with ur life? How about you actually realize that u have achieved financial freedom and you can do whatever the eff you want in this #hole because you have the financial means to do so. What more in life do you need besides financial freedom?

If you cant find anything to do with ur life with all the wealth you have, you are ignorant greedy and selfish. Theres millions of people out there who would give every limb they possess for this freedom you have. Maybe instead of asking urself what u should do with ur life now that u have all this money, ask yourself what was the purpose of making all that money in the first place?


Let me put it this way.

Imagine if you won the lottery- and you had $5 million in your bank account.

You could simply let your desires lead you, and spend that $5 million on yourself, your family, and I can guarantee you would be happy in the short term.

Or you could ask yourself some hard truths, and try and figure out the best possible way to spend and utilise this money.

This is all I am doing - I want to make sure I do the right thing with my money, and my life.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I grew up humbly, though my parents could afford 3 vacations a year, nice cars, a house and just about all I could ever ask for but they were not rich.
In college I became a multi-millionaire by the age of 24. The previous year I had $600 in my bank account and thought it was allot. As a reckless 24 year old would do I spent it on cars, a pimp house and lots of other crap I thought I needed at the time. I used to go out with $2000-$3000 on me in cash to clubs and parties spreading it around (In Manhattan it's weird you can spend this much REALLY easily). Well after the first year of living this way I started realizing how bored and alienated I was making myself. Women were everywhere, yet I didn't trust any of them, not even the ones I should have. Soon the same feelings started to overwhelm me with my closest friends.
It was a downward spiral from there. One of my best friends and partners died from a heroin overdose in the Regency Hotel along with his girlfriend and one other. The ADA wanted all our heads, even though I was not even in the state at the time. Our contracts were in jeopardy, lawyers, the fear of going to jail and the constant alienation I felt drove me to a nervous breakdown at the age of 25.
In short, after years of getting back on track I live as humbly as anyone else would now. I always felt I was put here to accomplish some greater task in life yet I could never figure out what that was. I have brought joy to many people with the work I did back then, but to me it was never enough.
Only when my first child was born did it start to make sense. My daughter 4 1/2 yrs. and my new son 4 mths. changed me in ways that nothing on this earth ever could. I realize now what really matters and it is not money, the car you drive or the clothes you wear. The time I get to spend with my family has become my new wealth and the funny thing about it is I never had to pay or work for it.
And as far as work goes I started a business that I enjoy doing and the people I work with are my friends, not only my colleagues. I'm 39 now and I may not help send the first rocket to mars or discover how anti-gravity propulsion works but as long as I have my family and friends that is OK by me.
edit on 5/6/2011 by AnteBellum because: spelling


Thanks for taking the time to share your story.

A lot of the posts on here revolve around family - yet you mention that you also have started a new business.

Do you feel that having a new business is important to you? Does it take time away from your family?



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicky32

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by ExCommando
 


Just from an outsiders perspective, it sounds as though you are waiting to make a difference. I realize that you have been in the military and that is wonderful, thank you.

That shows the huge cultural gulf between the US and the rest of the world!
(or maybe it's just a few of us here?)
But to me, being in the military does not qualify as making a contribution, but as taking away from the sum total of human happiness in the world.
Maybe the OP should spend his time making up for his time in the military?
Vicky


Do you know the specifics of what I did in the military?

If so, please tell me what I need to "make up" for?

If you don't know what I did (which is obviously the case), then you are casting a pre-judgement on my without knowing a thing about my service.

Maybe you should spend some time re-evaluating your judgemental attitude, and maybe think about apologising ...



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I enjoyed reading your post.

Not many people get to the point where find yourself now. They exhaust themselves on material pursuits and acquisitions, never thinking to observe themselves in the process. A process that fails to fill something that is greater than their being, it is a part of them, it feels so close it is almost tangible, yet it remains there within them --ever dormant.

Stop, quiet your mind, listen...


edit on 9-5-2011 by lostanima because: vid



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lostanima
 


Thank you very much - I enjoyed your contribution


Cheers



posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando
 




Do you feel that having a new business is important to you? Does it take time away from your family?


It keeps me busy and my mind active. I stayed home all the time with my daughter through the age of 2-4 and it was great but after a while it began to get boring - for both of us, my brain began to slow down, lol! The vacations, day trips, exploring and shopping only goes so far, I realized she needed friends her age to develop 'bonds' with, along with social skills.
My job does take time away from my family but it is time that I willfully sacrifice. We all need our own time, my wife works by choice and spends 60 hours a week doing what she does because she enjoys it. My hours are flexible so I pop in and out as I need to, if I am needed my employees know how the chain of command works.
My 3 month old son now is in my care, for the most part, my wife only took 2 weeks off after he was born out of choice. Now with the help of our nanny who spends about 20 hours a week with him all is well.
If my work ever does get to the point where I am needed more or I will have to sacrifice more time then I want to, I will have to make a choice of what to do at that time. But for now everyone is healthy and happy and what else could you really ask for?



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2  3   >>

log in

join